buzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I seem to have a problem with my old laptop but I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Basically, it doesn't recharge at all when I plug it in to the mains. I thought that maybe the battery has completly died so it won't even recharge. However, when I take the battery out and plug the laptop in to the mains, it still doesnt recharge. Does this mean that there's something wrong with the power supply (as in the adapter) or with the laptop? Anyway I can fix this at home rather than having to pay someone to fix it?
ArVi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by buzz)
However, when I take the battery out and plug the laptop in to the mains, it still doesnt recharge.
It obviously won't recharge because there's nothing to recharge! (since you removed the battery)

Will it not start even when connected directly to the mains?
buzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
It obviously won't recharge because there's nothing to recharge! (since you removed the battery)
lol sorry that was a mistake. I actually meant to say that when it's plugged in, it still doesn't turn on. Sometimes a green light flashes to indicate it's turning on but then stops.
Kingspharm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is there a light on the power adapter (i.e. can you see that the power adapter is working at all)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (39)
48.15%
No (42)
51.85%

Watched Threads