Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

really irritating parent-anyone have this problem!!? watch

ReputationRep:
    honestly my mum is so stressy sometimes, it does my head in. ive literally come home from work and she asks some stupid question that i obviously wldnt know and then i get accused of belittling her! and apparently ive been doing it for the last couple of weeks!! and then i try and stay quiet rather than get involved in an arguement and she literally tries to get me involved by ranting at me!! its just like GO AWAY. i do love her , but sometimes i dont understand her and shes all moody and just takes everything out on me. i cant work out whether i am actually rude and deserve it? aaah well it does my head in. does anyone else ever get shouted at when they dont undrestand what they have done?

ReputationRep:
    the exact same thing has jus happened to me now. im getting the silent treatment :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    All the time mate lol

ReputationRep:
    its so ruddy annoyin..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creative02)
    its so ruddy annoyin..
    haha ruddy!!

ReputationRep:
    ALL THE TIME.
    My mum just moans about the stupidest things. i feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollipopsticks)
    haha ruddy!!
    lol it is... i told u on msn bout this :rolleyes: but all is gud now... words have been spoken.. but it happens all the time you wud think i wud get used to it by now :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is your mother approaching menopause? Because women at this age normally are quite stressful and care a lot about their child much to their annoyance, it's worst if she's a homemaker.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, me and my mum had an arguement (well, she shouted at me) because I wanted to cook my food in the oven and not the microwave. Apparantly I'm responsible for global warming and "I can do what I like now". Hahahahaa.

ReputationRep:
    my dads the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    my dads the same
    approaching menopause? :p:

ReputationRep:
    their have been countless times when i have had arguments with my mum but always made up after wards. To be honest all mothers are like their first instict is to stress and worry bout their children even if they are irrating they only try to protect you in the best possible way.
    however if u love like u say then try to talk to her instead and see whats on her mind.

ReputationRep:
    My mum does this all the time.. and then if I try and ask her what I have done then she screams at me for taking the piss out of her.. Im like.. im sorry.. I wish she'd just make it clear, because I am not an idiot- I know when I am doing something wrong, and sometimes when she shouts there is no obvious reason at all! I always try just apologising, and then I get 'well it doesnt mean anything because you dont understand what you are apologising for'. Maybe I would if she would TELL me!!! Try just ignoring it.. they generally blow over for me. Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so_this_is_sam)
    honestly my mum is so stressy sometimes, it does my head in. ive literally come home from work and she asks some stupid question that i obviously wldnt know and then i get accused of belittling her! and apparently ive been doing it for the last couple of weeks!! and then i try and stay quiet rather than get involved in an arguement and she literally tries to get me involved by ranting at me!! its just like GO AWAY. i do love her , but sometimes i dont understand her and shes all moody and just takes everything out on me. i cant work out whether i am actually rude and deserve it? aaah well it does my head in. does anyone else ever get shouted at when they dont undrestand what they have done?
    No, not really. Seems a bit odd to me. Maybe your mother needs to act her age.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.