Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas what to write about anyone?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Its related to Aggregate demand - increase in consumption and investment leads to an increase in Aggregate demand.

Increase in income leads to an increase in microeconomic demand - all these small increases in demand lead to an increase in aggregate demand - also higher income generally means people consume and invest more.

One thing about investment is that it can also increase aggregate supply as increasing the capital stock makes the productive capacity of an economy larger.

I hope this has helped you

Regards, Asad

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry i just found out your the founder of the economics society so your bound to know those basics :P

Im not sure what more advanced things you can say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    Its related to Aggregate demand - increase in consumption and investment leads to an increase in Aggregate demand.

Increase in income leads to an increase in microeconomic demand - all these small increases in demand lead to an increase in aggregate demand - also higher income generally means people consume and invest more.

One thing about investment is that it can also increase aggregate supply as increasing the capital stock makes the productive capacity of an economy larger.

I hope this has helped you

Regards, Asad
    Hey, thanks for your help.

That's the thing..I know the basics, but I can't seem to think of anything more advanced to say. Ahh, I suppose I'll be inspired by something soon! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    C = F(Y)
    Consumption is a function of income i.e.
    C = a + bY
    (a = autonomous expenditure, B = marginal propensity to consume)
    In the long run
    C = a + Y
    (You'd expect homogeneity between consumption and income, i.e. in the long run all extra income is consumed).

I = F(Y,r)
    Positively on Y, negatively on r, but strong emphasis on the real interest rate.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Look at 45 degree angle.
    Look at internal rate of return
    Look at Consumption age theory
    Look at DCF

Enjoy... you can really take this topic to a high level.

ReputationRep:
    If you have any question, ask

ReputationRep:
    If you like

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 21, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.