Turn on thread page Beta

What happened to the shoe people??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i just realised how much i miss such great classic TV programs such as the shoe people, and the podington peas, superted, fraggle rock, button moon, pob! and many many more!!!!

i thought i would start a thread to remember all the greats!! it has probably be done before but still!

i am in fact now finding myself blaming theshoe people for my shoe addiction, yet im not sure who to blame for the obsession with bags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthie)
    i just realised how much i miss such great classic TV programs such as the shoe people, and the podington peas, superted, fraggle rock, button moon, pob! and many many more!!!!

i thought i would start a thread to remember all the greats!! it has probably be done before but still!

i am in fact now finding myself blaming theshoe people for my shoe addiction, yet im not sure who to blame for the obsession with bags.
    the shoe people rocked

sho-sho-sho-sho-shooooooe people

ReputationRep:
    Aww Poddington Peas!

"Down at the bottom of the garden, among the birds and the bees, there live a lot of happy people, they call the Poddington Peas!"

ReputationRep:
    All together now...... we're off to button moon to follow mr spoon button moon............Only me then, Ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Aww Poddington Peas!

"Down at the bottom of the garden, among the birds and the bees, there live a lot of happy people, they call the Poddington Peas!"
    I remember that show, was class!!
    Weren't there a group of evil peas called the Black Eyed Peas, as in the music group? Or something similar?

Plus Superted was one of my all time favourites, the opening sequence of him being rejected and then given special powers with the secret magic word, genius writing!

http://viral.lycos.co.uk/vroot/2371/index.html

This might be of interest to you! Try name as many as you can.. Not you have to get the spelling just right etc.. There's so many KIDS TV progs than you think!

ReputationRep:
    I got over them progrmmes something like.... 15 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love The Cities of Gold, Ulysses, and my all-time fave was Dog Tanion!!! My mum bought me the DT on dvd for doing well in my exams last year!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    omg! somebody remembers pob!!!!

puh...ohhh...buh....

hehe!!!

ReputationRep:
    Dogtanian? I loved Dogtanian! To the point of believing that it was the proper name, rather than D'artagnon. I have not gone to the lengths of setting up a website all about it though, unlike some people...

http://www.alice.dryden.co.uk/muskehounds/

ReputationRep:
    talking of old TV, does anyone remember Mr Motivator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    omg! somebody remembers pob!!!!

puh...ohhh...buh....

hehe!!!
    i remember pob, he used to blow on the camera and write pob in the condensation with his finger, then he would follow a bit of string...

...for some unknown reason

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember The Herbs? An absolute classic. *sighs at the nostalgia*

ReputationRep:
    Whats the name of the show with the hare called Bucky O'Hare or something similiar?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone remember bertha???

the big machine thing in a factory

and 'toybox' i think - it was a cat and a dog and they used to live in a toybox. i used to watch that during nursery breaks so its old **** now!

ReputationRep:
    Thnaks you lot!!!!! me and my friends from school have been talking the last few days at school about stuff when we were younger, and NOONE there remember the shoe people or podington peas!! they dont belive that they even existed!!!! so thanx, now i have my proof that i am not totaly insane, just mildly!!!
    Nikki

ReputationRep:
    www.tv-ark.org.uk

This is a lovely site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    www.tv-ark.org.uk

This is a lovely site
    what about cartoons? like he-man or mazinger?

ReputationRep:
    I used to love the old Bill and Ben shows
    My dad had all these videos of 'Noggin the Nog' and 'Pogle's Wood'
    They were so amazing
    I hate all these plasticine remakes
    They're terrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthie)
    I remember the Shoe People...I even have an early computer game on a Spectrum...!

Superted I use to have the superted vitamins, hated the ones with iron in though. I think I have a video with a episode on somewhere....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.