i need comfy shoes but i can't stop buying heels and not wearing them! Watch

mademoiselle84
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
right... so having spent my latter teens believing that i looked short and dumpy in anything less than a 3 inch heel, i met my boyf at age 20 who hated me wearing heels as it made him look too short....so now after 2 years together, and 2 years of growing to love flats... now i can barely slip my feet into a pair of heels without the balls of my feet burning!!.....but i still don't think i have any flat/comfy shoe buying expertise!
i have survived the winter with my uggs...and i now can't wait till it's warm enough to crack out my birkenstocks!!! other than that i have to wear my trainers- which is the ultimate fashon faux pas for an me-an aspiring style queen... now obviously i still like to wear heels to go out at night but during the day i draw a blank as every time i go shoe shopping i always think flat shoes look rubbish and heels look soo much prettier! it's like every time i try them on i just think they make my legs look short and fat....(which they're not really, they're actually quite thin!) hence i have over 30 pairs of shoes, and only 2 of them are flats (not counting my trainers or flip flops!)
help!!!....i am starting an office job next aug too so i need something comfy and smart!!! and i have a feeling i'm gonna be wearing my birkenstocks all summer long!(again!)
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
give the money for the shoes to your mother and take her along - make sure she knows not to hand over the money unless its a decent pair.
Hana_1987
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my 3 inch heels are comfy n i run around the office in them

what about ballerina pumps? or something with a really small heel?
Hana_1987
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sorry that wasnt much help!
mademoiselle84
Rep:
?
yeh, i used to be able to wear heels no problem, infact i never went without!! all my old trousers r too long now as i bought them to wear with heels.... but now i'm used to wearing really comfy shoes i just can't take it! i'd rather get some flat or low shoes for working...i dont want to mess up my feet/posture either...
oh but heels make you look so much hotter....!!
i recks some nice proper leather ballet style shoes or flat pointy shoes might work....or even wedges- they're quite comfy right? im not sure how i feel about chunk heels- i always think stillettos are better...
Hana_1987
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what about some boots..oops god this really isn't working is it? i used to be a flat shoe gal consisting of trainers, flip flops n ballerina pumps n now all i wear are heels..not good for walking on concrete, plus the pointy shoes may lead to bunions :O and most of my heels are pointy ones..hmph!

chunky heels maybe, but not like really really big...wedges are quite nice n spring/summery.

i think u should devote a day (or a month! lol) to shoe shopping
LawQueen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm the same, I love heels but I'm too tall to carry them off all the time. What about kitten heels?
mademoiselle84
Rep:
?
yeh i think above poster is right...i need to devote some time and money to this...
like today i put on my jeans and a top and it was too warm for uggs and too cold for sandals so i just had to put my trainers on!! nooooooo! and i've got about 30 pairs of lovely heels in my wardroabe gathering dust!
i think i just need to get used to the idea of buying flats- it's hard with short legs though!
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i love these

also, they have loads of colours and should knock off about £20 by the time the mid season sales are on
LawQueen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mademoiselle84)
yeh i think above poster is right...i need to devote some time and money to this...
like today i put on my jeans and a top and it was too warm for uggs and too cold for sandals so i just had to put my trainers on!! nooooooo! and i've got about 30 pairs of lovely heels in my wardroabe gathering dust!
i think i just need to get used to the idea of buying flats- it's hard with short legs though!
Well get stylish flats that compliment your feet. They come in all shapes and sizes
LawQueen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I want these: http://www.officeholdings.co.uk/perl...color_uid=6362 with a loverly pair of jeans.
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Root)
I want these: http://www.officeholdings.co.uk/perl...color_uid=6362 with a loverly pair of jeans.
i tried those on, they're sooo comfy
LawQueen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by medic_bex)
i tried those on, they're sooo comfy
Really? Awwww I want! Think I might get cheaper ones from New Look so I can get me a top in the sales as well
mademoiselle84
Rep:
?
(Original post by medic_bex)
i love these

also, they have loads of colours and should knock off about £20 by the time the mid season sales are on
those are brilliant! i think that's exactly the kind of think i need thanks!
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Root)

I love those
Hana_1987
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ooh i might buy some lol.
macintosh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm the opposite, i live in flats. i have one pair of high heeled boots and one pair of heeled sandal types and then a couple of pairs of kitten heels, apart from that i live in flats!

i have these in a different colour and they're soo comfortable, it feels just like wearing slippers and they look cute poking out under jeans, so i'd recommend this style for a casual look:

you could maybe get away with wearing ballet pumps like these in a formal environment, i suppose it depends how formal your office would be but they could also be dressed up for a going out outfit or jusr worn casually too.

shoes like these would be perfect for officewear and they have a little heel so you'll probably prefer these haha

i'm gonna stop now i could go on all day talking about pretty shoes! xx
dancingqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Root)
I have those in black! Bought them yesterday for my office job, hopefully they'll go with my black shorts and also jeans. An Office opened in Sheffield last week, very exciting! I went yesterday and bought 3 pairs of shoes! (all flat coincidentally...)
LawQueen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lucky Lucky! We've just had one open in Worcester. It's taking over the world :eek: not that I mind
xBlueRasberryx
Report 13 years ago
shoes like these would be perfect for officewear and they have a little heel so you'll probably prefer these haha

i'm gonna stop now i could go on all day talking about pretty shoes! xx[/QUOTE]

Wow, where are those from?!! :suith:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (93)
29.52%
1 (52)
16.51%
2 (43)
13.65%
3 (47)
14.92%
4 (24)
7.62%
5 (22)
6.98%