Turn on thread page Beta

EU Student loan for fees watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When can EU students apply for the student loan for fees? Will I be sent a form to fill out or do I have to do it online? And since EU students only get the loan for fees, the money will be paid to the university directly, right? So I won't need a bank account yet?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, come one! Somebody must know!!!
    Please?

ReputationRep:
    Ive got the same questions. Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    info. on here
    http://www.studentsupportdirect.co.u...chema=PROTOCOL

im applying too..hope we could get in touch

ReputationRep:
    So I print out the EU6N form and fill in the relevant information? Don't need to put in anything about my parents' income etc., right?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think that it counts only if you as they say "satisfy certain residence criteria" - you have lived in UK for at least 3 years

If you are an EU (including UK) national and you have lived in the UK for the three years before the start of your course, you may be able to obtain a student loan and any grants for which you are eligible.
    In my opinion we must wait the form at http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsuppor...ts/index.shtml

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Just found that ralphk is right

ReputationRep:
    Still confused...
    I only want the 3000 pounds for the tuition fees, so it's the EU6N form I have to use?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose yes. At least I do not have any alternative form to suggest. I will submit EU6N form since I am also short of 3000 quids.

ReputationRep:
    i've submitted a form 1st April but i still yet get the confirmation letter which states they have received my application -_- i rang them up and they said they are in the process transferring computer system from dfes to student loan company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ralphk)
    info. on here
    http://www.studentsupportdirect.co.u...chema=PROTOCOL

im applying too..hope we could get in touch

Ah, just noticed they seem to have a new form up on that site! "EU Tuition Fees Loan Request Form" or something like that. It's only 2 pages, much easier to fill out then the other one!!! :rolleyes:

Question: I couldn't find anything about it on the form, but do we have to send a copy of our passport or was that just for those who are applying for a grant or other loan?

ReputationRep:
    I totally don't get that form ... Do I have to give them information about my mom's income? Can I apply for financial support in addition to the tuition fees loan also? That form seems SO complicated

ReputationRep:
    I am equally confused. I think the EU6N form is for EU students who have been UK residents for three years or something like that, and therefore are eligible for financial support other than the tuition fees loan.

The other form (which I just discovered a few days ago) seems to be much simpler. You just fill in yourt ART ID, name, how much of the loan you want (maximum is 3000 pounds) and two contact addresses. That seems to be it, nor further information required. Seems slightly weird, though. Maybe this form has to be filled out in addition to the EU6N??

Someone help us!!! Please

P.S. Anne, ich bin auch aus Deutschland! Wo wohnst du? Ich bin aus Hannover und werd Psychologie an der Royal Holloway, Uni. of London studieren!

ReputationRep:
    I am from Lithuania, and started to fill in EU6N. If you looked through the form you would see some notes on page 4 which say "if you are only applying for NON-INCOME ASSESSED student finance (a Tuition Fee Loan) from section 1, complete section 2-5 and the Loan Request Form on page 13.
    Although I don't understand the section 3, which is about residence, especially b1 confuses me a lot. I've been living in London for 10 months already and do not understand what addresses should I write. The form is a bit weird, although I think it's the right one for those who are a part of EU

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just found that out as well today! Read through the EU6N again and saw that it said sections 2-5 if you only apply for the tuition fee loan, plus oage 13, which is the Eu Tuition Fee Loan Request Form.

Rose-Red, in section 3 you have to fill in any addresses of where you have lived during the past three years. So you would put in the address from where you've lived in London during the past 10 months, and then the address of where you lived before that (I am assuming Lithuania).

Have got another question: since we only need to fill in section 2-5 and page 13 and probably some of the declarations in the end, do we have to print out and send in ALL 24 pages, or just the relevant pages?

ReputationRep:
    I have a few questions as well...

First one is stupid, but: Can I print the entire form in black and white even though it's originally in colour? Just cos I'm out of ink and can only print black at the moment lol

Secondly: If I want the tuition fees loan, I only use sections 2-5 and page 13?

Thrid: Then what's the rest for? If I want an extra grand? Is that even possible?

In what case do I need to put down my mom's income? Can I get the tuition fees loan without that?

PLEASE HELP !!!

@ Maye: Oh, und ich komme aus Kiel und werde dann Amerikanistik in Nottingham machen Psyhc hat mich auch immer interessiert, aber Statistik hält mich davon ab, weil ich sauschlecht in Mathe bin... Und Bio und Chemie ist auch nicht so mein Ding :p: Daher dann lieber doch nicht... Aber vielleicht beleg ich ein paar Module. Just for fun :p: Wie heißt Du eigentlich?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne*UK*06)
    I have a few questions as well...

First one is stupid, but: Can I print the entire form in black and white even though it's originally in colour? Just cos I'm out of ink and can only print black at the moment lol
    I think it should be fine if you print it in black and white.

Secondly: If I want the tuition fees loan, I only use sections 2-5 and page 13?
    Yes, you only fill out those sections. well, I suppose section 1 as well, and I think there are some declerations at the end of the form where you have to sign.

Thrid: Then what's the rest for? If I want an extra grand? Is that even possible?
    If you have lived in the UK for three years prior to starting your university degree, you might be eligible to take out an extra loan or receive a grant. I don't think this applies to you, though, right?

In what case do I need to put down my mom's income? Can I get the tuition fees loan without that?
    I think you only need to put down your mom's income if you want to apply for an extra loan or grant. But since you don't seem to be able to do this (see above), you are not required to fill out this section.

PLEASE HELP !!!

@ Maye: Oh, und ich komme aus Kiel und werde dann Amerikanistik in Nottingham machen Psyhc hat mich auch immer interessiert, aber Statistik hält mich davon ab, weil ich sauschlecht in Mathe bin... Und Bio und Chemie ist auch nicht so mein Ding :p: Daher dann lieber doch nicht... Aber vielleicht beleg ich ein paar Module. Just for fun :p: Wie heißt Du eigentlich?
    Haha, ja, Mathe ist auch nicht meine größte Stärke. Hatte auch über American Studies nachgedacht, weil ich auch ein Jahr in den USA gelebt habe und das eigentlich ganz interessant fand, aber Psychologie hat mich dann doch mehr gereizt. Heiße Marieke mit richtigem Namen.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, thanks But then why is the form meant for EU nationals if the extra grand doesn't apply to them anyway? Or is that just for those who have lived in the UK for 3 years? Well, yeah, I guess you're right... What a relief lol Seems less complicated that way. I'm gonna try to send it back next week then... Is that how you're gonna do it, too?

Und ja, ich war auch 'n Jahr in den USA, interessier mich für American Studies mehr als für English, weil das ein umfangreicheres degree ist etc. Will mal was journalistisches machen, daher bietet sich das auch an. Vielleicht was Außenkorrespondenz-mäßiges oder so.....
    Und wie hast Du Dich für London entschieden?
    Wie gesagt, Psychologie hätte ich auch gut gefunden, aber das war mir dann doch zu weit ab von meinen guten Fähigkeiten LOL

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's for EU nationals who have lived in the UK for three years.

And I'm going to write you a PM because it's a bit silly to keep writing in German in this thread!!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so now, I am about to send off the form... Filled in Sections 1-5 and the page 13, signed it on the back. Is that all?? Thanks :p:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.