The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Euan_hmfc
What about if you only get a 2 in a subject?

Isn't it sensible for you to take an Int 2 as what's the chance of you getting a good grade in Higher? Probably zilch.
I got a 2 in SG English and a B in Higher, and didn't work to anywhere near my full potential ('cause im a lazy sodd), so IMO it's perfectly feasable.
Dhesi
I would say if you want to achieve that expect a drastic cut back on the social life. Maths, English and geography and computing will take a lot of work. Enjoy them while i piss about in 6th year. 3 WEEKS OF 5TH YEAR LEFT W0000000000 H0000000000 LOL.

1st day of this year my physics teacher came in, didnt even look at the class, turned to the board, started writing and said "Welcome to the worst year of your life". How right he was(for the record my physics teacher is a really cool guy, just having a bad day I think).

Just had to get that off my chest after such a crap day,

Mike
That's not true for everyone you know. I didn't comprimise my social life one bit and still got decent highers (A - Chem, A - Bio, A - Geography, B - English). I also only done about between 1-2 days studying for each subject before the exam. It's not impossible to do well in Highers with minimal work. I so wish I was a motivated person though - maybe i would have passed maths.:p: I really don't want to sound cocky here, and I know my results are not the best, but IMO Highers aren't all their cracked up to be in terms of difficulty and how long you have to study for them.
Reply 42
wikiwikiwildwildwest
That's not true for everyone you know. I didn't comprimise my social life one bit and still got decent highers (A - Chem, A - Bio, A - Geography, B - English). I also only done about between 1-2 days studying for each subject before the exam. It's not impossible to do well in Highers with minimal work. I so wish I was a motivated person though - maybe i would have passed maths.:p:

did you just study in between the exam days? I guess everyones different for these last couple of weeks I will put a lot of work in and during the exams will study as much as I can. It is encouraging that you got such good grades with minimal amount of study - or you could just be smart!
Reply 43
wikiwikiwildwildwest
I got a 2 in SG English and a B in Higher, and didn't work to anywhere near my full potential ('cause im a lazy sodd), so IMO it's perfectly feasable.

That's what I want to hear! Success stories.

I'll need a lot of help with English; I can barely write a critical evaluation and supposedly 5th year comprises of critical evaluations.
Euan_hmfc
That's what I want to hear! Success stories.

I'll need a lot of help with English; I can barely write a critical evaluation and supposedly 5th year comprises of critical evaluations.
Believe me mate. I couldn't write an essay to save myself until a few weeks before the exams. I must say that English was my biggest achievement as I was almost talked into moving down to Int 2 throughout the year, but I persisted with the Higher and eventually achieved a respectable qualification.
Reply 45
You can break down the essays and learn to do them in an almost formulaic manner.

Latest

Trending

Trending