Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

You have £40 to spend .... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is a little fun task for you fashion gurus.

You have to find 2 outfits completely different outfits which are suitable to wear going shopping/uni/college (not evening wear) but it has to suitable for someone

a) who is 5ft tall
    b) has a slight pot belly
    c) only has a pair of white and pink strip trainers and a pair black zipper boots (thick heel only a couple of inches high)
    d) YOU HAVE £40!

Do you accept the chanellage?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to primark, new look or h&m. I wouldn't try to get two different outfits, but rather separates that would work with the wardrobe you already have. Assuming you have a great pair of jeans, I'd probably buy you a silk camisole or an empire line top (to hide the pop belly) and a cropped jacket. For a more casual look a white t-shirt (gap), bright & long chunky beads, ballet pumps (£6 in Primark...I have leopard print ones) and a cool bag. It could easily be done.

ReputationRep:
    crawl the charity shops.
    get some nice quirky stuff

ReputationRep:
    2 outfits with that budget for me is hard. However I would say a wrap cardigan (perfect for disguising a bit of a belly) over a simple vest/cami. H&M are fab for this sort of thing. Wear with bootcut jeans (I bought a great pair from New Look for £15!). Spend the rest on little pieces of jewellery to change the mood of the outfit. Tuck the jeans into your black boots and put on some gold look jewellery (Miss Selfridge are selling these pieces for £1 each at the moment) for a more glammed up look, or wear just the vest/cami and the jeans with your trainers for a more casual look. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    hmm interesting ideas.

Reason I asked was that my boyfriend reckons I couldn't go out and buy 2 outfits because of my petite size (everything is usually £3-£5 more if its in the "Petite"collection - I am out to prove him wrong....

but I don't have £40

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.