Turn on thread page Beta

Is Coke Vegetarian? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is Coca Cola vegetarian? I have been thinking about this recently as i normally check most food products for the V tick of approval but coke doesn't have it...

ReputationRep:
    I assume so. Read the ingredients or look on the website.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not - every can contains a 12oz. steak thats been put through a blender... how else do you think they make it look brown?? jk.

edit: woo... 200th post!

ReputationRep:
    It says on the side it is made with vegetable flavourings - I'm sure that if there was meat in there, they'd be obliged to put that in the description...

ReputationRep:
    It better be

ReputationRep:
    it is, the only drink i remember to not be veggie is tango cherruy but i think they have changed there ingredients

ReputationRep:
    Depends how picky/cautious you want to be.

Coke cotains, glycerin, which can come from animals or plants.

ReputationRep:
    Standard Coca-Cola (and all variants, I think, but definitely the normal stuff) is free from meat, fish and dairy derivatives. I think it's free of egg too, but I'm not certain.

It's vegetarian, certified kosher and halal.

ReputationRep:
    What is your avatar a picture of?

ReputationRep:
    It's an electron micrograph of the surface of an integrated circuit - a microchip. Here's the original:

http://pantransit.reptiles.org/image...micrograph.png

ReputationRep:
    There's an easy solution to all of this...just drink pepsi max, its soooo much tastier aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    There's an easy solution to all of this...just drink pepsi max, its soooo much tastier aswell
    No way, it has no sugar, tastes horrible!

ReputationRep:
    I strongly recommend not to drink a sip of Coca Cola.

ReputationRep:
    but if it was vegetarian then surely they would put the 'suitable for vegetarians' mark on the side?..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salla)
    I strongly recommend not to drink a sip of Coca Cola.
    So would I!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsertName)
    but if it was vegetarian then surely they would put the 'suitable for vegetarians' mark on the side?..

That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't veggie though.

Everything with the mark will be vegetarian friendly, but that doesn't mean that everything without it isn't.

I mean, I make a mean tomato and onion pasta sauce. That doesn't have a label on it

It might make more sense for Coca-Cola to label up the products and submit it for approval by the Vegetarian Society and the like, but they're under no obligation to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsertName)
    Well, not nearly every product has that sort of information attached. You just have to be clever enough to check the ingredients list and draw your own conclusions. I suppose it's suitable for vegetarians, but hey, what do I know, haven't drink it since I was like 10 or something.

ReputationRep:
    I could go for some coke right about now. So... thirsty.

ReputationRep:
    No meat, just hydrated vegatable fats, sugar, caffine, colouring... and an early grave!

ReputationRep:
    mmm, early gravy...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.