Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

whats been your best/worst ever birthday? watch

ReputationRep:
    So how old were you?
    What did you do?
    Why was it so good/not so good?

Best:My 13th birthday all i did was have a little party with my family but it was so good. Also in my maths lesson when i walked in the whole class sang happy birthday!
    Worst: has to be my 17th invited loads of my friends out for a meal but half of them cancelled the day before.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know I have only been born once

ReputationRep:
    My last one was probably my worst and my best. My gallbladder was inflamed so I was at home all day. In the evening all my friends came round and got drunk me drunk (alkie friendly tablets). So that was fun but I was feeling lousy all day. :party:

ReputationRep:
    worst - 18th, out in the field on exercise with the cadets. though i have nobody else to blame but myself, would never have done it with hindsight.

ReputationRep:
    I used to go to Air cadets!

But yeah, worst birthday, 18th - my family are all *****.

ReputationRep:
    Best? 16th. Don't know why really as I didn't do anything really, but I got lots of cards and friends visiting me (my bday is in the summer hols, so quite unusual lol) and it just made me feel really happy. I havent had a worst

ReputationRep:
    Worst was 18th it snowed and snowed so i was stuck in my house, had no presents apart from my family, didn't see any of my friends, i was allergic to my own birthday cake (it had strawberry jam in i'm allergic to strawberries) and slelpt the majority of it becuase there was nothing to do

ReputationRep:
    WORST- My 13th, as had a nice birthday party, invited my friends round, had a party tea and we'd just hatched some chicks so I was showing everyone the cute little chicks when my neighbour called me over and said I think your cat just got run over. It was her, my cat, and I cried for the rest of the day (and a good deal the next day too...)

ReputationRep:
    Best - 19th (for reasons i've mentioned on one of the tsr threads already and can't be bothered to repeat them again)
    Worst - 17th (the day when nobody seemed to remember wishing me Happy Birthday. their excuse was that it slipped their mind. wtf?! i got so pissed off)

ReputationRep:
    My 16th suckerd, i'd spent it with my then bf, gotton home late and my fmaily had gone to bed. I remember sneaking downstairs and singing happy birthday to myself whilst crying, i blew out my candles alone that year

and my 18th wasn't great. i went to 6th form and not one person said happy birthday (none of my friends remembered), had a nice meal with my fmaily then went to see my bf. But he could be bothered to go out so my 18th celebrations consisted of the two of us sat in the bar at his halls of residence

Best was probably my 19th went to cinema and had meal with bf then went out with my housemates in the evening. then as a surprise my bf turned up (after telling me he wouldnt be coming out). aww it made my night it was brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Worst was my 21st.. (august 2005), completely sucked, g/f was being as cool as hell, coming out for a few drinks, with a few mates and her. Then she turned into a right reverent! P*ssed me off, ruined my birthday completely. Reason was: she wanted all the attention, because i was getting it all, so she was a fool about it. Had a massive argument... went home, so i pee'd off out and left her at home, then came back a few hours later to a pathetic sorry.. :mad:

Best was probably my 18th, first legal drink in a pub, amazing, watching a england match with a few older mates of mine, and my older brother, getting drunk legally for the first time, and then going to the club for my first night of legal "clubbing".. such a great feeling...

ReputationRep:
    My 18th was fuun. My mum woke me up and fed me bucks fizz :cool: then downstairs was just filled with banners and balloons and stuff. I got tons of presents, and that evening i went for a meal with my family to Planet Hollywood in leicester square which was cooool.
    Then the weekend after i went away with my friends!

That was all tied in with the excitement of starting uni afew weeks later (im a late august bday) so i was getting tons of "good luck" cards too! Magic!

ReputationRep:
    My best were my 16th and my 18th.

For my 18th 8 ladies, 8 lads and 8 teachers went to Cologne for the weekend, for like a yr13 leavers thing. We went shopping, to a chocolate museum, to watch an ice hockey match and up to the top of the most amazing catherdral ever. Then both nights we went to a restaurant then went around the bars. And at midnight on my birthday we had champagne in the hostel bar, every gave me presents and my cards and we played poker the rest of the night. Then the friday after me and my 3 best friends went clubbing in Notts.

For my 16th 23 of us went to the cinema and pizza hut the night before, it was cool because I didn't realise i had so many friends! then the day after on my actual birthday I went to the pub with my ex and some of ours friends, it was like the first time I'd seen him since we'd broken up, and the spark was back. Then I had a chinese with my mum that night.

My worst was my 8th, it was the same day as the dunblane massacre. Anyway a week or so before I'd seen a train crash on the tele, and accidently said 'at least something excitings on the news' and then everyone thought I was evil and wouldn't leave me alone. So on my birthday my dad picked me up from school and told me what happened, then said 'well at least something happened on your birthday eh'. I cried for the rest of the afternoon

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, the worst of my youth would be my 13th where i bought stuff that I just didn't enjoy, including 2 latin books (?!?!) and a few crappity games. Boredom ensued. Then again I was achly sick somewhy on my 7th, but that was a nice day overall. My 18th wasn't so pleasant, I got very down about things in general, but I listened to my Electric Level 2 album and then forfeited Eurovision to have a meal with my schoolfriends, where we celebrated mine and my friend's 18ths together as he is 4 days older.

Best, overall it's a tough call, last one was great, but for sheer relativity, I'd have to plump for 16th. Perversely, I had a Spanish reading GCSE that morning, but I then found 7 albums in town dead cheap, Bomberman, and had a wonderful chess club that night which was simply lots of fun. Also for greatness was my 19th, when I had my ldr going strong, was doing lots of walking, and bought some of the best ever music, like Dead Letters :flute: Also, my 9th was great, cos I got loads and loads of nice games

ReputationRep:
    best: my 17th and my 18th. btoh were with my bf who i adored. 17th was the first time we slept in the same bed as each other and it just felt so special knowing that for the first time in my life someone really cared about me and liked me for who i am. 18th i had a party with family and friends which was v good but v sad as i knew was one of last times id see bf b4 he went to uni then on my actual bday i went out for a meal with him and then spent the whole of the next day with him b4 he went to uni the day after - v nice but also v sad bday.

worst: possibly my 18th also as i knew my bf was going to uni 2 days after, but probs one from like my 16th or something when noone really made an effort and everyone cancelled on me and it made me realise how little these ppl cared

ReputationRep:
    Good thread idea.

Worst - 14th, chronicly depressed and sobbing, my mother dragged me down to blow the candles out in my pyjamas and took photos of my tear stained face. Humiliating or what? :eek:

Best: 21st - good food, good drinks, got beautifully drunk (not too much or too little) and good music etc, the usual.

And 22nd - went to see Jerry Springer the Opera live & go-karting in the same day. Thats as action packed as my life gets!

ReputationRep:
    Best - 19th as went to gran canaria on holiday with mates such a wicked holiday
    worst - 21st my best friends sister was killed in a car crash

ReputationRep:
    Worst - my 18th. It was spent in Iceland, where the drinking age is 20!

ReputationRep:
    My birthdays tend to suck equally as much. Its in the summer holidays and it such a mission to organise anything I normally end up going shopping or something with a mate. And everyones on holiday :mad: How dare they?! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Best- 18th (last wednesday ) went shopping with my family and spent loads of money then in the evening I went for an indian with all my mates. They put the disco lights on for us, I was the centre of attention and we didn't get out til about 12

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.