Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Undescended Testicle watch

Announcements

Erm, yeah. Are they really that common? I have one, but can't really pluck up the courage to go to the docs and get something done about it. No idea what can be done either really?

Its definately 'there', just not down there :rolleyes: About the best way to put it really!

doctor sees it all the time man, you'll feel better about it afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    How has it gone so long? I thought they usually correct this after 1 year?? If they did notice it at birth, which they should have, it should've been sorted out yonks ago...

Just go to the doctors - they see far worse every day.

(Original post by Mangaroo)
    doctor sees it all the time man, you'll feel better about it afterwards!
    I have no idea either. I had a hernia when i was born, maybe that was something to do with it?

quoted wrong person, but go see doc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    How has it gone so long? I thought they usually correct this after 1 year?? If they did notice it at birth, which they should have, it should've been sorted out yonks ago...
    Absolutely.

If you do genuinely have an undescended testicle, then you need to make an appointment with your GP.

ReputationRep:
    Apparantly its easy to sort out...i know its tough to go to doctors about personal or genital related stuff - but definitly do it here...

ReputationRep:
    Yes mate, this will become more of a problem as you get older as if it does drop it will give you a hernia. I had a hernia operation when I was 21 and was told that I must have had a late descending testicle (ie around when i was 3), because it left a small rupture which herniated later on. See the doctor, you aren't the first man who's ******* hasn't dropped.

ReputationRep:
    As somebody with Phimosis (unretractable foreskin) I can relate to the embarassment of approaching a doctor - but I in fact will have no problem when I see the doctor soon when I compare the implications to the outcome of one visit to the doctors, which you should always keep in mind. Although I will undoubtedly ask for a male doctor for examination :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eien)
    As somebody with Phimosis (unretractable foreskin) I can relate to the embarassment of approaching a doctor - but I in fact will have no problem when I see the doctor soon when I compare the implications to the outcome of one visit to the doctors, which you should always keep in mind. Although I will undoubtedly ask for a male doctor for examination :p:
    indeed it is often a tricky subject to deal with.

phimosis is a different matter though. often it isnt really a "problem" as such. many people probably have no troubles and dont even realise they have a condition - especially if it causes them no pain and doesnt impact on their daily functions. guess it depends on the individual and their circumstances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    indeed it is often a tricky subject to deal with.

phimosis is a different matter though. often it isnt really a "problem" as such. many people probably have no troubles and dont even realise they have a condition - especially if it causes them no pain and doesnt impact on their daily functions. guess it depends on the individual and their circumstances
    Yes, this is like my case, I have no side effects - I didn't even know about the concept of retracting the foreskin or that I had a foreskin until 17 years old, and I found that there was no apprarent "skin" to pull away (most men who don't retract their foreskin by 16 can't normally retract it easily afterwards anyway) although I will go to the doctor just to be safe, since it is a risk factor in penile cancer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eien)
    Yes, this is like my case, I have no side effects - I didn't even know about the concept of retracting the foreskin or that I had a foreskin until 17 years old, and I found that there was no apprarent "skin" to pull away (most men who don't retract their foreskin by 16 can't normally retract it easily afterwards anyway) although I will go to the doctor just to be safe, since it is a risk factor in penile cancer.
    if it isnt causing you hassle what do you think the doc will say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    if it isnt causing you hassle what do you think the doc will say?
    If he has a phimosis (asymptomatic or not) - the GP will refer him to a Urologist with the view to having a circumcision.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definately go and see a doctor... My brother had this and just had a simple op to sort it out, don't be embarrassed it's just a body part the same as an arm etc... think about females who have to have a smear test every three years!!!!

Take Care

ReputationRep:
    To the physician's, my good man. He'll sort out your dicky bollóck in a flash.

my boyfriend has one but they did 2 ops to find it when he was younger and never found it...he actually only has 1!

I'm really confused. I don't have one but when I'm masturbating it sometimes sinks into my body but then comes out again and it's fine. Is that normal!? It doesn't happen too often either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm really confused. I don't have one but when I'm masturbating it sometimes sinks into my body but then comes out again and it's fine. Is that normal!? It doesn't happen too often either.
    That's perfectly normal - it's part of the process of the contracting of muscles that results in an orgasm....lol I don't like explaining things scientifically very often... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Its ok anonymous, Eiens *******s haven't dropped yet either, by evidence of his singing at least.

yo dude yah its like so normal for that to happen the doc's wont take the testicle, "sorry lame joke" just go get it sorted i know i did and now im all man, and the ladies love it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.