AQA CPT6 Systems Maintenance Manual - How many pages is yours? Watch

__WiZaRD__
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
As title.

Mines 26 right now but i still have a LOT to add. I think it might get to 35/40 pages if i have the time to make it very thorough.

Wiz
fatant
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
is this differnet from the user guide, or the same thing??

cheers
Greeneyes
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
The systems mainteenance section is different to the user guide section. They are marked seperately. The systems maintenence section is meant to include technical information on how to alter and correct the system if something goes wrong, and an explanation of the system's structure, whereas the user manual is meant to be a standalone document, a few pages in length, for the purposes of telling a user how to use the system.

My systems maintenance section is probably going to be less than 10 pages in length when finished.
timo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if Systems Maintenence runs to 40 pages on its own then im afraid you surely must have done something wrong - it really doesn't need to be this long - it's only worth 6/65! If I was the marker i'd just get p**sed off having to read it all! Mine will be 6 or 7 pages max. Having seen sample projects, its possible to get 5/6 or 6/6 with 3 pages.

h8 to think how long your project is if one of the smallest sections is 40 pages lol. good luck nyways.
__WiZaRD__
Rep:
?
Your Systems Maintenance manual will be the only section which will contain most of the Technical aspect of your system - all the details of how you actually MADE the system. Therefore most of the Marks for the Technical Solution section of the mark scheme will be awarded in the Systems Maintenace manual. So, the systems maintenance manual is more like 21 marks - not 6. (15 for technical solution and then 6 for the systems maintenance.)
timo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I suppose, but my codes in the appendix. Wish the specification was clearer about tech solution...
__WiZaRD__
Rep:
?
so have you completely anotated your code?

What have you done your project in?
timo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
done project in vb.net

annotated code in appendix, in systems maintenance have done the overview of system, listed every subroutine, function and all the variables and done the pseudo code of a couple of algorithms.
dragons_circle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by timo)
Wish the specification was clearer about tech solution...
:ditto:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (91)
13.06%
1 (89)
12.77%
2 (89)
12.77%
18.94%
22.67%
19.8%

Watched Threads