Turn on thread page Beta

ok this is a long story but i'll cut it short!

Background: current g/f nearly 3 yrs not really working to well l8ly alot of arguing dont think it will last until uni at the end of the summer!

Situation: me and another girl (very gd friends dont wanna give up the friendship) both like each other and know it although havnt fully admitted to it!

what do i do? dump the g/f and try with the other girl? just tell the other girl how i truly feel and see what happens or just leave it as it is?

ReputationRep:
    talk it over FIRST

ReputationRep:
    If you're about to go through the trauma of ending that 3 year relationship and you're off to Uni in Sept., may as well keep urself single 'til you go off to Uni.

After all, not many relationships survive the transition to University - and if they do, certainly not for 3 years (yes there are exceptions to this but in general most don't).

Just my 2p though. I'd discuss how ur feeling with ur first girl, break up if necessary, then perhaps not get serious with the other girl in the slightest if u still like her (unless u think ur head-over-heels and may end up with her long-term).

ReputationRep:
    If you want to end your relationship with your current girlfriend, then end it. There's no point staying in a relationship for how it used to be.

As for this other girl - don't declare your love straight away after breaking up with your current girlfriend, because I wouldn't have thought that either girl would look upon you favourably for it.

Just take things slowly and enjoy the ride

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2006
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.