The Student Room Group

Official biochemistry applicants 2013*

I thought I would start this thread to give us an indicator for applicants to see when and what offers are being sent and where people are applying.

So where are you applying? What are your Grades or perdicted grades?
What were your GCSE results? and also have you applied yet?

Scroll to see replies

Applying: Edinburgh, Sheffield, Leeds, KCL, Exeter: in order of preference
Predicted grades AAAB in Maths, Biology, Economics and Chemistry.
4A* 6As at GCSE.
Reply 2
predicted grades are 3A*, have 3 offers at the moment bath aab birmingham aab exeter aaa, going up to manchester on the 31st for an interview, and waiting to here wether or not oxford are going to give me an interview! Exciting stuff! any tips for interviews?
Reply 3
Applying to UCL, KCL, Sheffield, Nottingham and Warwick in order of my preference
AS grades were AAAB, predicted AAA in biology, chemistry and maths
UCAS got sent to the unis on 19/10/12, just got an acknowledgement from UCL today at 2am in the morning haha
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm doing Scottish highers but last year I got:
Higher Music - A
Higher English - B
Higher Chemistry - B
Int 2 Biology - A
And this year I'm sitting advanced higher chemistry and music and higher maths and human biology :smile:
I was going to apply to straight biology but I think that biochemistry will have more job prospects!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Predicted ABB (worrieddd!)
Applied for Biochem at: Nottingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Leicester and
Keele!
GCSE 1A* 6As 4Bs

Anybody got offers from any of those places yet? :smile:
Reply 6
I sent my UCAS on Tuesday I think. My situations a little different, I'm 20, I already did a year in Medicine, decided it wasn't for me, and have since decided to reapply for Biochemistry. I've got A*ABB in Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and History respectively, and at GCSE I got 8A*s and 2As. I'm doing Maths A level in a year this year.
I applied to Exeter, Leicester, Nottingham, Surrey and York, and got an unconditional offer from Surrey just today.
Reply 7
I sent my UCAS two weeks ago, no replies yet! It doesn't seem like there are many for Biochemistry yet though so fingers crossed. I've applied to: Oxford, Warwick, Bristol, Bath and Cardiff (in order of preference).
At GCSE I got 11 A*s, at AS I got 4 As and I'm predicted 3 A*s and an A for A-level.
Any offers from these places yet?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by lovealot
predicted grades are 3A*, have 3 offers at the moment bath aab birmingham aab exeter aaa, going up to manchester on the 31st for an interview, and waiting to here wether or not oxford are going to give me an interview! Exciting stuff! any tips for interviews?

Hiya! Just out of curiosity (and slight nervousness), when did you send your application? Because I've applied to Bath too :smile:
Reply 9
Applying: UCL,KCL,Leeds,Birmingham and manchester.
Predicted: AAA
AS: AABB
GCSE: 5 A*, 6A, 2B
UCAS was completed 2 weeks ago but but my form tutor won't write our references until after half term, so still not sent yet.

Really want to go UCL

Does anyone know if biochem is competitive?
My personal statement is killing me, and reading the example ones on here make me realise how bad mine is so far :frown: aaaaah!:mad:
Anyone heard from Imperial or UCL yet?
Reply 12
Applying: Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Edinburgh, Newcastle
Subjects: Maths, Chemistry, Biology
Predicted: A*A*A*
AS: AAAA
GCSE: 5 A*, 5A

sent my applications off a couple weeks ago, have to fill out a questionnaire for UCL, anyone else got this? And just received an offer from Bristol. Anyone heard from my other choices? thanks :smile:
hey i've got the questionnaire as well! What's your offer from Bristol?
Original post by gcharman1
Applying: Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Edinburgh, Newcastle
Subjects: Maths, Chemistry, Biology
Predicted: A*A*A*
AS: AAAA
GCSE: 5 A*, 5A

sent my applications off a couple weeks ago, have to fill out a questionnaire for UCL, anyone else got this? And just received an offer from Bristol. Anyone heard from my other choices? thanks :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by cyberto2002
hey i've got the questionnaire as well! What's your offer from Bristol?

3 A's
Anyone invited to Imperial open day on the 14th Nov?
Reply 16
Applying: oxford, bristol, sheffield, york, newcastle

Received an offer from Sheffield!
Reply 17
applying: oxford (SEH), bristol, york, durham (natural sciences) and imperial
1 offer from bristol already - AAA
GCSEs: 9 A*, 2 A
AS: AAAAA
Predicted A level: A*A*A*
Extended project pending...
Are you invited to Imperial's open day on the 14th of Nov?
Original post by pilkins09
applying: oxford (SEH), bristol, york, durham (natural sciences) and imperial
1 offer from bristol already - AAA
GCSEs: 9 A*, 2 A
AS: AAAAA
Predicted A level: A*A*A*
Extended project pending...
Reply 19
Iam applying for a Biochemistry degree
Unis: Imperial Oxford UCL KCL and Queen mary in order preferences

AS results: AAAB (Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Arabic)
Predicted A*AA

Recieved a conditional offer from QM : ABB AND a questionnaire from UCL that im struggling to complete :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest