The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You said that you didn't know anybody that was part of a club etc...well, do they have sports socities e.g rugby footbal etc and if so, how popular are they?

regards
--marty
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 21
yeh you can play footbal for city uni and i also no there is a basketball team to.
Reply 22
good job i'm not a fan of basketball :biggrin:

regards
--marty
Reply 23
Huum i know there is football team,but i dont think its organised well as people put there mates into the team not the best players, thats what my mate told me and i heard we lost most of our games, not sure if there basketball team didnt see it at the fresher fair mate, so maybe....
Reply 24
what about rugby??

regards
--marty
Reply 25
here are some of the clubs at city uni

Aikido
Badminton
Men's Basketball
Women's Basketball
Bridge
Chess
Cricket
Dance
Fencing
Men's Football
Women's Football
Hiking
Hockey
Netball
Rugby
Sailing
Shorinji Kempo
Ski & Snowboard
Squash
Tennis
Volleyball
Wrestling

football for example i think we finished 3rd in the league (out 1st team), 2nd was kings and 1st was .... hmm i cant remember, but the point is if there is the club u want and there are a few uni teams you will most likely enjoy, we are not exactly the best but not too bad.

hope that helps

Sumit.
Reply 26
sumitk87
here are some of the clubs at city uni

Squash
Tennis

hope that helps

Sumit.

Can you just join for fun and play?...

I'm a beginner at both sports, so I just want to start playing it there.
Reply 27
Nice sumit. Thanks alot. +REP for you. Is the football 5-a-side or full pitch length?

regards
--marty
Reply 28
im not too sure about the specifics of any clubs:redface:
but ill try to answer any questions i can
Element54
Can you just join for fun and play?...

I'm a beginner at both sports, so I just want to start playing it there.

Yea you can go for fun to any clubs, just join them and take part in the practice sessions etc, and if you are good or get better then you can play matches. (there are sometimes a few teams for different standards of players)

xavier2k3
Nice sumit. Thanks alot. +REP for you. Is the football 5-a-side or full pitch length?

regards
--marty

thanks for the rep,

well to be honest im not sure , i think its full picth, but me and a group friends have started our own 5-aside sorta club. we just put £2 in each and go and play outdoor 5-aside at a local sports centre. its somin that you can arrange very simply.

Sumit
hey my name is sandra and im starting at city and pasychology Bcs now in sept. and accordning to the info i recieved the enrolment takes place from the 18th and thats when we are excpected to attend at school if they teach during theses days of introduction i dont know unfortunatly....does anybody know anything about the reputation on the psychology program perhaps? thanks a lot/all the best for now/Sandra:smile: :smile:
Reply 30
18th september/october? Check the other topic you posted this in for info about the course.

regards
--marty
the course starts on the 18th of sept. as far as i have been informed.../best l.sandra
Reply 32
Ok, i was hoping more for a late september/early october start! Nevermind, the sooner the better! Look forward to seeing you there.

regards
--marty
Reply 33
The following is in regards to the mathematics dept., for a student beginning this september:

One of my friends said that the first half of the year is almost repeating a level maths. Is this true? Also what are the other students like; I mean are they laid back, or really into their studies? And how are the staff - approachable ect?
Reply 34
sloer
The following is in regards to the mathematics dept., for a student beginning this september:

One of my friends said that the first half of the year is almost repeating a level maths. Is this true? Also what are the other students like; I mean are they laid back, or really into their studies? And how are the staff - approachable ect?

first half is mostly a level consolidation and making sure everyone is on the same wavelength... and there will also be more material... in some cases extension and in other addition...

what are students like? varies from yr to yr and ppl to ppl... in my yr you have piss takers like myself who just doss around and then others like my good friend who works his ass off... staff are generally very approachable and friendly but then you get some *******s...

it really varies from person to person i guess.. but i think the course is balanced... you should have a good time... what course you doing? i know you mentioned it before...
Reply 35
xavier2k3
Ok, i was hoping more for a late september/early october start! Nevermind, the sooner the better! Look forward to seeing you there.

regards
--marty

18th is freshers week... classes start on the 25th
Reply 36
That's a bit better then, nice :smile:. Thanks kishan.

regards
--marty
Reply 37
xavier2k3
That's a bit better then, nice :smile:. Thanks kishan.

regards
--marty

you are very welcome
Reply 38
im doing maths with finance and economics
Reply 39
sloer
im doing maths with finance and economics

should have a good time...

Latest

Trending

Trending