where can i shop from Watch

ova_stryt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hey everyone i could really do with your help.
im 5ft and a size 6 and i find it really hard to find places to shop.

for jeans i go to topshop and newlook but i dont like their jeans no more and so i dont know where else to shop from.

Also for tops i buy from topshop or H&M but i want to know some different shops. i always see so many nice tops but they are never in a size 6.

can anyone help
thanks
Debussy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
have you tried zara or mango? they're spanish and a lot of spanish women are petite like you, also, the sizes are always smaller than they say they are so you might fit an 8...
ova_stryt
Rep:
?
i have tried both. in mango their trousers are still too long and i think i didnt like any of their tops
LawQueen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Precis Petite?
ova_stryt
Rep:
?
wheres Precis Petite. i've never heard of that
Hana_1987
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what about river island?
ova_stryt
Rep:
?
their sizes are too big for me
Louher
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
River island do size 6's I get most of my jeans from there.
ova_stryt
Rep:
?
the thing is even if size 6 jeans do fit me the length dosent fit me as they are too long
Angelharpist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
French Connection, Zara and Morgan clothes come up really small. You could try them?

In New Look there's the 915 teen range - they do really small stuff so maybe having a look in their rails could be good for essentials like jeans, t-shirts etc.

With any clothes, if you find a pair of trousers, for example, that fit beautifully but are a little too long, you can take them to a good dry cleaners and get them altered for about £5. Alternatively, if you're on a budget, you can always re-hem and alter trousers yourself with practise!
Kittennffc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Next does a petite range Petite ranges cater for women who are 5"3 and under, so you should be fine there!

What about looking on the internet? Maybe Japanese or Chinese companies as women over there are generally tiny!
ova_stryt
Rep:
?
thanks for everyones suggestion.

i already shop from newlooks 915 range and next's size 6 is too big.

i think im going to try out morgan, french connection and i'll give zara and river island another go as well.
icklehc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sprite)
thanks for everyones suggestion.

i already shop from newlooks 915 range and next's size 6 is too big.

i think im going to try out morgan, french connection and i'll give zara and river island another go as well.
i think u might have to just accept that if u get at least the waist the right fit u will probably have to take the leg length up urself. im 5ft1 and i find it really hard to find short length trousers. its more important to get the waist the right size and then you can adjust the length or get it done professionally. id suggest miss selfridge as they have a new 28" leg length.
ova_stryt
Rep:
?
(Original post by icklehc)
i think u might have to just accept that if u get at least the waist the right fit u will probably have to take the leg length up urself. im 5ft1 and i find it really hard to find short length trousers. its more important to get the waist the right size and then you can adjust the length or get it done professionally. id suggest miss selfridge as they have a new 28" leg length.
at the moment for all of my jeans that i have i just have a fold at the bottom - im too lazy to get them adjusted
LawQueen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Precis Petite is part of Planet. You'll find them in most House of Frasers, department stores and stand alone stores.

Store list on here: http://www.jacques-vert.co.uk/brands/precis/index.asp
so_this_is_sam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree with Zara and Mango. Warehouse stock size 6 as wel....
Most shops in london do because its the capital and they have everything!
hapa_girl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
West One do the best jeans EVER!!!!!

Sarah
keyka
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if you find great jeans but they're too long then you could always get them turned up.
dead antics
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if u have an all saints around, try there
really small sizes
Sprog
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Try diesel and Seven jeans. They are a bit expensive but they fit soooo nicely. I live in mine!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (9)
7.96%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (12)
10.62%
No, but maybe I will look into it (28)
24.78%
No and I wouldn't consider it (64)
56.64%

Watched Threads