Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone i could really do with your help.
    im 5ft and a size 6 and i find it really hard to find places to shop.

for jeans i go to topshop and newlook but i dont like their jeans no more and so i dont know where else to shop from.

Also for tops i buy from topshop or H&M but i want to know some different shops. i always see so many nice tops but they are never in a size 6.

can anyone help
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    have you tried zara or mango? they're spanish and a lot of spanish women are petite like you, also, the sizes are always smaller than they say they are so you might fit an 8...

ReputationRep:
    i have tried both. in mango their trousers are still too long and i think i didnt like any of their tops

ReputationRep:
    Precis Petite?

ReputationRep:
    wheres Precis Petite. i've never heard of that

ReputationRep:
    what about river island?

ReputationRep:
    their sizes are too big for me

ReputationRep:
    River island do size 6's I get most of my jeans from there.

ReputationRep:
    the thing is even if size 6 jeans do fit me the length dosent fit me as they are too long

ReputationRep:
    French Connection, Zara and Morgan clothes come up really small. You could try them?

In New Look there's the 915 teen range - they do really small stuff so maybe having a look in their rails could be good for essentials like jeans, t-shirts etc.

With any clothes, if you find a pair of trousers, for example, that fit beautifully but are a little too long, you can take them to a good dry cleaners and get them altered for about £5. Alternatively, if you're on a budget, you can always re-hem and alter trousers yourself with practise!

ReputationRep:
    Next does a petite range Petite ranges cater for women who are 5"3 and under, so you should be fine there!

What about looking on the internet? Maybe Japanese or Chinese companies as women over there are generally tiny!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for everyones suggestion.

i already shop from newlooks 915 range and next's size 6 is too big.

i think im going to try out morgan, french connection and i'll give zara and river island another go as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sprite)
    thanks for everyones suggestion.

i already shop from newlooks 915 range and next's size 6 is too big.

i think im going to try out morgan, french connection and i'll give zara and river island another go as well.
    i think u might have to just accept that if u get at least the waist the right fit u will probably have to take the leg length up urself. im 5ft1 and i find it really hard to find short length trousers. its more important to get the waist the right size and then you can adjust the length or get it done professionally. id suggest miss selfridge as they have a new 28" leg length.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    i think u might have to just accept that if u get at least the waist the right fit u will probably have to take the leg length up urself. im 5ft1 and i find it really hard to find short length trousers. its more important to get the waist the right size and then you can adjust the length or get it done professionally. id suggest miss selfridge as they have a new 28" leg length.
    at the moment for all of my jeans that i have i just have a fold at the bottom - im too lazy to get them adjusted

ReputationRep:
    Precis Petite is part of Planet. You'll find them in most House of Frasers, department stores and stand alone stores.

Store list on here: http://www.jacques-vert.co.uk/brands/precis/index.asp

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Zara and Mango. Warehouse stock size 6 as wel....
    Most shops in london do because its the capital and they have everything!

ReputationRep:
    West One do the best jeans EVER!!!!!

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    if you find great jeans but they're too long then you could always get them turned up.

ReputationRep:
    if u have an all saints around, try there
    really small sizes

ReputationRep:
    Try diesel and Seven jeans. They are a bit expensive but they fit soooo nicely. I live in mine!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.