Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hand-ful

Anything else as insane/ridiculous?

ReputationRep:
    As might THIS for the same money!

ReputationRep:
    Do prefer the 2nd one. I was gawping at the first one, be it a van with 505hp and all, but then I saw the dash :eek:

They do like their rims. 22" on a pick up truck; impressive.

Referring to "anything else as insane / ridiculous", I'd have to trawl the American websites for that
    I could only otherwise post you pictures of Novas & Corsa's barry boy'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    As might THIS for the same money!
    Oh my god. Why on earth would you buy a Boxter when you could have that instead?

Oh, the dash... And corners...

ReputationRep:
    Medallion and chest wig come free with the Viper. :cool:

Walsh, I know you guys think that a Pickup Truck is a Van, but it's not. That there, is a f***ing truck! I just like the idea that you could simply walk away from just about anything at a stop light in one of those things. You can get them twin turbo'd and REALLY scare the **** out of someone. They've already got these trucks running 10 second 1/4 mile times! That's like 0-125 in 10 seconds!

What do you think would be faster around the Autodrome: The new Astra VXR or a stock Dodge Ram SRT-10 Truck?

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

Unfortunately I'd have to say the Dodge RAM. I just have trouble understanding the concept of a van, I meant truck with 505hp

It's different. But next you yanks will be putting a 1000hp engine in a milk float :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Westfield SEiGht

Rover 3.5Ltr V8 in a Lotus 7 chassis...oh yeh!

Graham

ReputationRep:
    Hand-ful

Anything else as insane/ridiculous?
    So thats the car I saw driving past my flat the other day. Made my jaw drop in disgust.... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe for a quick straight line run. But you'd get bored with it after that. 8 Litres=505BHP sounds bad to me.

ReputationRep:
    One of them lives round here and he's always flooring it, the noise it makes really is incredible!

ReputationRep:
    It would never get boring. I wouldn't be able to keep my foot out of it! There's a black quad-cab 4 door version in my area too. I think he works at a Honda dealership, either that or he just parks next to one in the day time.

I think for London, the only type of sports car you need are 'quick straight line run' cars. I'm not saying the Ram SRT-10 is the best choice, but it would get the job done and confuse the hell out of most other sports cars at the stop light races. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think for London, the only type of sports car you need are 'quick straight line run' cars. I'm not saying the Ram SRT-10 is the best choice, but it would get the job done and confuse the hell out of most other sports cars at the stop light races. :cool:
    Wherever you live, proper sports cars (ie. ones that can go round corners properly) are best. You're not going to be racing them round public roads (hopefully), so you want something that'll be good on the track (unless this is too exciting for you, and you like drag strips )

tbh Im not keen on the Ram. Too big and heavy for a sports car. That said, you *really* wouldnt tire of surprising people with the power...

ReputationRep:
    God, I'd never consider the Ram as a sports car! I would never take it to a track that required turning anywhere except in the pits.

I would participate in the occaisonal stoplight fun with the unsuspecting Porsche owner, yes. I think that truck would be a damn terror from about 20-100mph. Slower than that and it's hard to shift the mass, faster than that and you have to contend with the aerodynamics of a barn!

I just think it's funny. I've got the latest EVO issue, and they raced a Ram SRT-10 and the new Astra VXR. The Ram was 1-2 seconds faster around the Autodrome!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Also faster than the Clio 182 Cup or whatever the hell it's called.

ReputationRep:
    I just think it's funny. I've got the latest EVO issue, and they raced a Ram SRT-10 and the new Astra VXR. The Ram was 1-2 seconds faster around the Autodrome!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Also faster than the Clio 182 Cup or whatever the hell it's called.
    That's pretty impressive, actually.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but..for the engine size it's not really impressive to be fair...

ReputationRep:
    *sighs*
    :rolleyes:
    Enough with the engine size, we know. The truck is just for a laugh.

TBH, I do think it is somewhat impressive considering the hype and R&D on the Astra VXR, how it was tuned by Lotus and so on. Also the fact that it's a small light hatchback with 240+bhp.

Beaten. By a barn. A 500bhp barn.

Listen, I don't take these things too seriously, it's just amusing, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    That's pretty impressive, actually.
    I don't think so. 505hp as opposed to 180 & 235? hp respectively. Ram should win regardless of how it handles :laugh:

I wonder how it would compare to a Cayenne Turbs - whats the stats of the RAM?

ReputationRep:
    500bhp 500lbft of torque.

That would be a good race. The Cayenne has a little less power and is heavier, but it will have a far better chassis. I think the Ram may have better brakes. EVO tested the 100-0, and though it was last compared to all the other sports cars, it wasn't by very much, maybe a few 10ths.

But the new Cayenne has around/over 500bhp now, as opposed to 450 from the current one. That might be a little more difficult for the Ram.

I'd have to look and find the weight of each. Why don't you find that instead I've got coursework I'm supposed to be doing!

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I dunno now. I just had a look and the Turbo S is already out and has 520 bhp and 531lbft. :eek: Ram beware!

ReputationRep:
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
    06year 512hp 2245 (weight kg) 231.72bhp/tonne 5.46 (0-60) 12.23 (0-100) 6.77 (60-100) 13.55 (1/4mile) 109.89 (terminal speed)

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.