Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    Do Good Things And Good Things Will Happen To You.... Do Bad Things And They Will Come Back To Haunt You. Karma Is A Funny Thing.....
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Only if something bad happens to someone whos just been mean to me.

Just so I can say "KARMA *****!"

ReputationRep:
    To the extent of the pschological effect that if you are mean to someone they are more likely to be mean to you, however an underlying force of karma is bull**** IMO

ReputationRep:
    I actually kind of do, for a really weird reason.
    A few years ago, I found £15 in £5 notes on the floor at school. Although I was tempted to keep it, I handed it in at lost property.
    The next day, I went to a big fayre at my old primary school. It was really full, and the friend I was with asked me how many people I thought were there. I replied '367' which was just the first random number that popped into my head. At the fayre, I noticed a 'guess how many jelly beans there are in the jar' contest. I paid the 20p to enter, and guessed 367. I got it right (I was spot on) and won loads of prizes, including the jelly beans Overall, the value of the prizes would have come to over £15.
    I know it sounds really stupid (especially now I've re-read what I've written ^-^*) but ever since then I've kind of believed that we get rewarded for doing good things, in some slightly karma-ish way.

ReputationRep:
    I do believe in Karma as in the "what goes around comes around" and I live by it really...feel guilty also when doing bad things.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not sure if i believe in karma, but some of my friends do.

ReputationRep:
    What Karma promotes is a good thing

I don't really believe it exists, but I believe one should follow what it teaches

ReputationRep:
    defently .. i believe in the rule of three as well

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as there is no universal set of morals since morals are subjective, I dont see how there can be some universal law of karma or 'rule of three'. To be honest although you might like to believe them because that's what you would like the world to be like, a belief in them is irrational since there is no evidence for them

ReputationRep:
    I don't know quite how I feel about karma, but all I'll say is this: I was walking down the street the other day minding my own business when I saw these people who had on riot gear with "Police" written on the back and they arrested this guy (and he was talking in maths, sort of buzzing like a fridge... he was like a de-tuned radio). And then, wait for it, I was at a party later that night which I decided to crash when I saw this girl with a Hitler-hairdo (made me feel kinda ill actually) and she too was being taken away by these people. It was almost like they were karma police or something. For a minute there I lost myself, I lost myself! Scary stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    I don't know quite how I feel about karma, but all I'll say is this: I was walking down the street the other day minding my own business when I saw these people who had on riot gear with "Police" written on the back and they arrested this guy (and he was talking in maths, sort of buzzing like a fridge... he was like a de-tuned radio). And then, wait for it, I was at a party later that night which I decided to crash when I saw this girl with a Hitler-hairdo (made me feel kinda ill actually) and she too was being taken away by these people. It was almost like they were karma police or something. For a minute there I lost myself, I lost myself! Scary stuff!
    Freaky....

ReputationRep:
    I was imagining this in my head, kinda scared me :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I was at a party later that night which I decided to crash when I saw this girl with a Hitler-hairdo (made me feel kinda ill actually) and she too was being taken away by these people.
    I loathe that line. It just sounds idiotic to me. Apparently the original write of it had it as 'she looks right at me as if she rules the world and we have crashed her party' - which makes far more sense and doesn't annoy me. Hence I always mentally insert those words when I hear it.

Hmm... I'm beginning to worry about myself a bit.

ReputationRep:
    karma isnt a force, thats a misinterpretation. if anyone would like me to define karma in buddhist terms i could .... but it'd be lengthy.

ReputationRep:
    **edit** oops. double post // sorry !

ReputationRep:
    I definately believe people get what they deserve based on how they treat other people. And sometimes bad things happen to good people, which is always sad.

ReputationRep:
    yer it came around and hit me on the head!

I love Lloyd Banks song Karma!

ReputationRep:
    Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon...

:getmecoat

ReputationRep:
    I definitely believe in Karma, it's a part of my religion and strongly believe that you get what you deserve. That's why I try to be nice to others and act thoughtfully and kindly

ReputationRep:
    I believe in "My Name is Earl"

Earl believes in Karma

Thus he's an idiot

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.