Turn on thread page Beta

Boxing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Yup I read that this morning. Arum saw Pacquiao in the Phillipines over breakfast to thrash out the deal. March 13th is the agreed date, all that is left is the smaller details.

I won't be surprised if there is a stall though.
    Me either, but I sure hope there isn't. I think I'll actually put money on this fight, tbh - I don't usually, but its a fight worth betting on :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    the sports section mod obv not doing their job in merging eh

yeh busy times - even rumours that mayweather wants to fight matt hatton first rofl

i am hoping for a salita win tonight, but khans skills should shine thrugh. There is no doubt he is a very talented fighter, the olympic medal proves that - its just his arrogance i despise
    PBF v Matty Hatton :laugh:

Thanks for making me laugh today :hat2:

I'm predicting a Khan KO around the middle stages of the fight (rounds 6,7,8).

I really don't think Khan is arrogant :confused:. Especially compared to someone like Anthony Small. Did you see his last fight on Friday Fight Night? It was probably the worst fight I have ever seen. And he goes around as if he's the next Tyson, I really do hope he gets run over by a truck one day.

Who do you think Khan should fight next? I'm with Warren here (for once :rolleyes:), I think he should have a couple of fights here before he jets out to the States.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miyamoto Musashi)
    Me either, but I sure hope there isn't. I think I'll actually put money on this fight, tbh - I don't usually, but its a fight worth betting on :yes:
    It's a fight that's too close to call for me to put a bet on.

It is though, a fight I would pay £1000+ to go and watch.

ReputationRep:
    Maidana should be next dude- whether he is or not is another thing i will bet my life khan will duck him,

and is this the last fight under contract with warren?

the pbf vs m.hatton werent a joke either i promise you the rumours have been doing the rounds

arrogance btw : check out what he has to say bout froch, the way he talks himself up gets on my tits just my opinion tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    Maidana should be next dude- whether he is or not is another thing i will bet my life khan will duck him,

and is this the last fight under contract with warren?

the pbf vs m.hatton werent a joke either i promise you the rumours have been doing the rounds

arrogance btw : check out what he has to say bout froch, the way he talks himself up gets on my tits just my opinion tho
    I wouldn't hold him in low regard if he ducks Maidana. If you think you're not quite ready enough to fight the very best fighters then fair play in avoiding them. Only a fool fights anyone who is touted around. When he thinks he's a more accomplished fighter he'll take that next step, if he reaches that level but fights ordinary fighters then I'll begin to criticise him.

I don't think he talks himself up that much, he does what's necessary to promote the fight and get under the opponents skin, it's all to do with advertising and psychological warfare, both of which are ingrained in modern boxing. He doesn't over hype himself like someone like Small would.

I haven't seen the Froch video you're referring to but I'll check it out. I think you just don't like him. Everyone has that, no matter what a guy does, even if he saves a falling baby, you just ain't going to like him. I think Anthony Small for me is your Amir Khan. If Small donated millions to charity I'll still f****** hate him. But he'll always be a **** boxer, unlike Khan.

You reckon the Khan camp will extend his stay with Warren or do you think Golden Boy will come in? I reckon he should stay with Warren for now, I don't think Khan should go to America just yet.

He's had 20 fights, he should be in America, he's going to be the next Calzaghe.

ReputationRep:
    Khan has arrogance but every good boxer does, the way he does it isnt nasty. Froch just mouths off just to keep himself in the public eye, he made a name for himself by mentioning Calzaghe in every interview he did when Joe was boxing. But the tension between Khan/Froch is pointless, its not as if they will ever meet in the ring so whats the point? If I remember it was Froch who made comments about Khan after his loss to Prescott, for no real reason. Froch just likes his name in print, hope he gets owned one day in the ring by someone.

Anyways, I feel Khan will beat Salita via a late knock out or a points win. Salita looks a hard fighter who wont be easy to beat but Khan's speed should be enough to win. Under Roach, he's shown improvement as shown by his world title win but now as champion, he's got to entertain aswell.

First Im hearing about Khan/Warren contract things, how long was the deal for? Leaving Frank Warren isnt going to be easy, just ask Calzaghe and Hatton. Warren could get him the big fights he wants in America, but I could see why joining Golden Boy is so tempting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Khan has arrogance but every good boxer does, the way he does it isnt nasty. Froch just mouths off just to keep himself in the public eye, he made a name for himself by mentioning Calzaghe in every interview he did when Joe was boxing. But the tension between Khan/Froch is pointless, its not as if they will ever meet in the ring so whats the point? If I remember it was Froch who made comments about Khan after his loss to Prescott, for no real reason. Froch just likes his name in print, hope he gets owned one day in the ring by someone.

Anyways, I feel Khan will beat Salita via a late knock out or a points win. Salita looks a hard fighter who wont be easy to beat but Khan's speed should be enough to win. Under Roach, he's shown improvement as shown by his world title win but now as champion, he's got to entertain aswell.

First Im hearing about Khan/Warren contract things, how long was the deal for? Leaving Frank Warren isnt going to be easy, just ask Calzaghe and Hatton. Warren could get him the big fights he wants in America, but I could see why joining Golden Boy is so tempting.
    I agree Froch needs a good arse kicking.

Golden Boy will get him the super fights, Warren can't. However if he wants to fight bums then he can stay with Warren.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    It's a fight that's too close to call for me to put a bet on.

It is though, a fight I would pay £1000+ to go and watch.
    I disagree. I think Pac is tailor-made for PBF. It'll be the bull vs the matador, and whilst I won't write Pac off, I'm pretty confident PBF will win on points - and besides, if there weren't a chance I'd lose my money, they'd call it investing and not betting, lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miyamoto Musashi)
    I disagree. I think Pac is tailor-made for PBF. It'll be the bull vs the matador, and whilst I won't write Pac off, I'm pretty confident PBF will win on points - and besides, if there weren't a chance I'd lose my money, they'd call it investing and not betting, lol :p:
    I wouldn't say 'tailor-made'. There's no doubt PBF thrives on a come-forward fighter but even so, he's never been in the ring with someone like Pacman. Pacman's faster than anyone PBF's ever faced and he can pack a punch in both hands.

Do remember that I did say that right now if I was forced to give a prediction I'd say PBF. His defence is solid and though I do think he will get hit with more punches compared to previous fights, this due to Pacquiao's speed and relentlessness, I don't think Pacquiao will be able to KO him and throughout the fight PBF will pick him off when he can with that jab and win on points.

ReputationRep:
    Manny Pacquiao looks set to fight Floyd Mayweather Jnr on March 13 after agreeing to a proposal from Bob Arum.

Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz said Arum presented the fighter with the proposal at a two-hour breakfast in Manila on Friday.

"The requests of Manny were so realistic that Arum doesn't feel it's a problem and it's pretty much a done deal," Koncz said.

The Filipino legend, who is running for president in his home nation, has some requests of his own that require some ironing out, although trainer Freddie Roach believes they will be no obstacle to the fight the world wants to see.

"We talked to Arum and he had the March date and May 1 available and Manny chose the earlier date because of the elections in the Phillipines, and I can't wait to get started," Roach told Sky Sports News.

"It'll be the biggest fight of all time, the biggest pay-per-view event of all time and my main sparring partner will be Amir Khan.

"There's always negotiations, like he (Mayweather) wants 10oz gloves we want 8oz gloves, stuff like that, the weight he wants is 154lb, we want 147, so there's some issues but I think it can be solved.

"It's a tough fight because his style does give us difficulties, and we need to draft a plan for a new strategy. Yes, it's a tough fight but it's a fight Manny wants."

Both fighters have claims to the right to be called the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, and it appears matters will be settled sooner, rather than later.
    already trying to ***** an advantage

good win for rees last night too

ReputationRep:
    just saw this on a forum topic about can khan have a better following than hatton debate and it really sums up what i think about him
    All said and done, when Hatton was at domestic level, fighting the likes of Thaxton and wearing the WBU title, he was still going out on stag nights wearing a scary spice dress. He was still shifting 15,000+ tickets and big business on Sky.

Doing his charity stuff and taking that young boy James under his wing with the brain problem, who carried his titles into the ring.

The we have Khan, rolling up to the homecoming in a fleet of blacked-out BMW X5's and getting out shaking a few hands and rushing inside. This is when he has had 20 fights and is commonwealth champion. No wonder he was roundly booed when his face came on the big screen - are we all jealous too Amir ??

Then he gets knocked out "bact te' drawing board, i say, back te' drawing board"

Declaring how other fighter's are jealous of him and jealous of how much money he earns, jumping a red light and running and old fella over, doing 150mph on M1 and bragging about his LA pad with snoop dogg & P-diddy.

The guy is a tool and large chunks of the Pakistani community think he's a **** aswell.

The fact is folks and you can take this as gospel:-

Khan's fan base is actually shrinking on a fight by fight basis.

Without a big name to prop up the show and decent undercard - he can't deliver more than 6,000+ fans.

His migration to Sky from ITV has gotten rid of the casual observers and armchair sports fans. Only true boxing fans are tuning in and following him. With many wanting to see him get obliterated.

ReputationRep:
    All said and done, when Hatton was at domestic level, fighting the likes of Thaxton and wearing the WBU title, he was still going out on stag nights wearing a scary spice dress. He was still shifting 15,000+ tickets and big business on Sky.

Doing his charity stuff and taking that young boy James under his wing with the brain problem, who carried his titles into the ring.

The we have Khan, rolling up to the homecoming in a fleet of blacked-out BMW X5's and getting out shaking a few hands and rushing inside. This is when he has had 20 fights and is commonwealth champion. No wonder he was roundly booed when his face came on the big screen - are we all jealous too Amir ??

Then he gets knocked out "bact te' drawing board, i say, back te' drawing board"

Declaring how other fighter's are jealous of him and jealous of how much money he earns, jumping a red light and running and old fella over, doing 150mph on M1 and bragging about his LA pad with snoop dogg & P-diddy.

The guy is a tool and large chunks of the Pakistani community think he's a **** aswell.

The fact is folks and you can take this as gospel:-

Khan's fan base is actually shrinking on a fight by fight basis.

Without a big name to prop up the show and decent undercard - he can't deliver more than 6,000+ fans.

His migration to Sky from ITV has gotten rid of the casual observers and armchair sports fans. Only true boxing fans are tuning in and following him. With many wanting to see him get obliterated.
    Sounds like a pathetic rant tbh and if you agree with it, then thats even more disappointing.

Khan is a patron of quite a few charities and has done some charity things also, even after he won silver in Athens, raising money for earthquake victims in Pakistan and actually going down there to visit.

Blacked BMWs? You mean no other financially off boxer or sportsman has a BMW, with blacked out windows, only Amir Khan? The guy's done well for himself over the years and just because he has the financial clout to look after himself and his family, seems that that is a sign of cockiness and arrogance?

And large chunks of the Pakistani community dont think what this user believes the community thinks of him. If people want to talk about **** statuses, then Prince Naseem Hamed was seen more of an arrogant plonker than Khan will ever be IMO and Khan didnt cause a serious car crash and paralyse a driver, like the so-called Prince did many years ago. And the same Prince who had a limo hired out after he was released from jail, very sincere Naz. :rolleyes:

The car crash involving Khan, Khan admitted his mistakes and stopped at the scene and called for paramedics. But which other sportstar hasnt been charged with driving related offences?

And finally, the likes of Hatton, Calzaghe have all boxed on SBO, does that mean they are neglecting their arm chair fans? Its not their fault that the BBC/ITV dont have the funds to buy boxing for their channels.

Ahh, thats off my chest.

Sounds like a pathetic rant tbh and if you agree with it, then thats even more disappointing.

Khan is a patron of quite a few charities and has done some charity things also, even after he won silver in Athens, raising money for earthquake victims in Pakistan and actually going down there to visit.

Blacked BMWs? You mean no other financially off boxer or sportsman has a BMW, with blacked out windows, only Amir Khan? The guy's done well for himself over the years and just because he has the financial clout to look after himself and his family, seems that that is a sign of cockiness and arrogance?

And large chunks of the Pakistani community dont think what this user believes the community thinks of him. If people want to talk about **** statuses, then Prince Naseem Hamed was seen more of an arrogant plonker than Khan will ever be IMO and Khan didnt cause a serious car crash and paralyse a driver, like the so-called Prince did many years ago. And the same Prince who had a limo hired out after he was released from jail, very sincere Naz. :rolleyes:

The car crash involving Khan, Khan admitted his mistakes and stopped at the scene and called for paramedics. But which other sportstar hasnt been charged with driving related offences?

And finally, the likes of Hatton, Calzaghe have all boxed on SBO, does that mean they are neglecting their arm chair fans? Its not their fault that the BBC/ITV dont have the funds to buy boxing for their channels.

Ahh, thats off my chest.

Why should he have had all that money when he was just the commonwealth champion? Many have to have a 2nd job to support there boxing at that point.

Hamed actually fought some decent opponents, so him being cocky is fair enough.

Lmao, 99% of sportsman have not been involved in crime.

Hatton and Calzaghe went PPV when they were big names, Khan isnt PPV material yet.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an approx time when Khan/Salita will start?

ReputationRep:
    it will say 10 on most websites but it will be closer to 11

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an approx time when Khan/Salita will start?
    answer rucklo

ReputationRep:
    Knockdown after 10 seconds. Another 20 seconds later. Fight is over after 75 seconds. :lol:

Time for Match of the Day

ReputationRep:
    LOL, i feel sorry for the people who paid for it.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.