Boxing Watch

jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
guys it's obvious why roach doesn't want it(though I do agree it's a small amount) let me say why

cutting/ bleeding is used by self harmers as a way to feel good, the release of blood releases endorphines ( the same chemical released during sex) and we all no that's banned before a fight.

Athleters deal in performance percentages and why shouldn't he in the biggest fight of all time(maybe)

written on phone so sorry for quality
shamrock92
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Powerhouse)
Just looked, they take 1 tablespoon.

This is comic, people can donate a pint and be ok within 2 days.

What a load of wimps.
Pacquiao feels uncomfortable with it; he feels it weakens him and makes him tired. (It's like having sex before a fight, supposedly.) Why should Mayweather get to make ridiculous new rules like this?
Powerhouse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shamrock92)
Pacquiao feels uncomfortable with it; he feels it weakens him and makes him tired. (It's like having sex before a fight, supposedly.) Why should Mayweather get to make ridiculous new rules like this?
1) :snow::snow::snow::snow: happens, if your getting paid millions then you know, I got no sympathy for feeling uncomfortable for 5 minutes.

2) Well he is making that :snow::snow::snow::snow: up, after 10 minutes you are fine. If you can donate a pint+ on the NHS and be fine after a sugary drink then a tablespoon is going to do :snow::snow::snow::snow: all.

3) Oh yes, random drug testing like every decent sport has is ridiculous, only in boxing could randon drug testing be called ridiculous.
Powerhouse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Losing 0.0026 (amount 1 tablespoon is in 12 pints) of your overall blood count has NO effect on you. It is like having a piss.
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1) :snow::snow::snow::snow: happens, if your getting paid millions then you know, I got no sympathy for feeling uncomfortable for 5 minutes.

2) Well he is making that :snow::snow::snow::snow: up, after 10 minutes you are fine. If you can donate a pint+ on the NHS and be fine after a sugary drink then a tablespoon is going to do :snow::snow::snow::snow: all.

3) Oh yes, random drug testing like every decent sport has is ridiculous, only in boxing could randon drug testing be called ridiculous.
When you're competing at the very highest level, these little things matter.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is that Mayweather is requesting something that there is absolutely no precedent for. The system boxing empoys has been around for donkey's years, and has discovered cases of roid use before, like with Mosley and Roy Jones. This demand is utterly unnecessary. Why should Pacquiao just let PBF walk all over him in negotiations? He's already agreed to having extra blood tests; he just doesn't want them right before the fight.

Mayweather is either just trying to employ infantile mind games and promotional ploys or is looking for an excuse to duck Pacquiao.
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Losing 0.0026 (amount 1 tablespoon is in 12 pints) of your overall blood count has NO effect on you. It is like having a piss.
Believe me, these tiny things make a difference. Even Hearns having a massage before Hagler/Hearns had an affect.
Powerhouse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lmao.

No boxing is one of the most outdated sports currently, random drug testing is used in pretty much every good sport. Tell me why boxing is an exception.

Lance Armstrong can cycle thousands of miles having blood tests, it makes NO effect. Until you give scientific proof it does, please do not use that argumennt.

Seems to me Pacman is making any excuse, random drug testing is a norm in every big money sport.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lmao.

No boxing is one of the most outdated sports currently, random drug testing is used in pretty much every good sport. Tell me why boxing is an exception.

Lance Armstrong can cycle thousands of miles having blood tests, it makes NO effect. Until you give scientific proof it does, please do not use that argumennt.

Seems to me Pacman is making any excuse, random drug testing is a norm in every big money sport.
seems to me your just a wum or dont have a clue....
Powerhouse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
seems to me your just a wum or dont have a clue....
Haha, come on. Tell me how Lance Armstrong and every other elite cyclicst can cycle for 8-10 hours after a blood test. Yet Manny cant fight for 30 minutes?

See you can't.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hes agreed to give blood straight after

you tell me what the difference is

fighters cant even have sex before a fight - there trained for toughness - endorphines make a fighter weaker and this is whats released when giving blood

if your a pro athlete and want are to fight the biggest fight of your career would you risk even a 1% downturn in performance, i somewhat doubt it - legacys will be made in this fight
Powerhouse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hes agreed to give blood straight after

you tell me what the difference is

fighters cant even have sex before a fight - there trained for toughness - endorphines make a fighter weaker and this is whats released when giving blood

if your a pro athlete and want are to fight the biggest fight of your career would you risk even a 1% downturn in performance, i somewhat doubt it - legacys will be made in this fight
Some drugs can go out your system within hours, days.

Why can every other elite athlete in the world manage to do it and still perform fine?

Why is boxing so much of a difference?
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
who cares - why you moaning about it...

if he takes the test straight after the fight whats the issue?
Powerhouse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
who cares - why you moaning about it...

if he takes the test straight after the fight whats the issue?
You blind?

He could use drugs in training, that would not show up after a fight as they go out the system within days. All you would need to do is stop taking them days before the fight.

And so what is good for every other sporting organisation is not good enough for boxing?

And it wonders why no one watches it anymore?
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so your telling me that having a test IMMEDIATLEY after the fight will not show anything

and one 5 days before

get real
Powerhouse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so your telling me that having a test IMMEDIATLEY after the fight will not show anything

and one 5 days before

get real

Certainly could do with some drugs.

When you know anything about drug testing, come back and argue. Until then stop spitting out :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:.
Powerhouse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Alcohol for stays for about two days at the most. Meth can stay in your system for the maximum of 3 days. Cocaine can be found in your system using urine test with the 5 days of use. LSD and Heroin can also be detected through urine and blood test within a time period of 3 to 4 days depending on how often you used.
Can't be bothered to look for sport specific drugs but will be around about the same.

So know what the :snow::snow::snow::snow: your talking about and you get real.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yes - i will remember that we need drug tests for those fighters that go in to bouts pissed up / sniffed up / rushing of their tits :wtf:

i love putting people in the red
Powerhouse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
grow up

i no about drug testing as much as you do - the systems been fine for every other bout up until now so wind your neck in

jermaindefoe
Your a comedy case, you just said people can't test postive 5 days before and then not after.

Clenbuterol for example banned by many sports leaves your system after 4 days, your a :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: joke mate, you speak out your arse.

And this is an alt account, i'm looking for negs because i'm going to be an arse when your wrong .
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your a comedy case, you just said people can't test postive 5 days before and then not after.

Clenbuterol for example banned by many sports leaves your system after 4 days, your a joke mate, you speak out your arse.

And this is an alt account, i'm looking for negs because i'm going to be an arse when your wrong .
seriously

as many as he wants <mayweather> upto 5 days before - and one immediatley after as well as all the piss samples they want up till fight night

tell me where the issue is
Powerhouse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
seriously

as many as he wants <mayweather> upto 5 days before- and one immediatley after as well as all the piss samples they want up till fight night

tell me where the issue is
There are certain inhalants which can go out of the system within a day.

If your randomly tested, whenever you have it, you take the risk you will be tested later that day.

Ok thats annswered, now a question for you.

Why is a process used in the Olympics, football, NFL and baseball to name a few.

Not good enough for boxing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads