The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jermaindefoe
are you a mayweather fan boy?

i dont no - but if its been good enough until now then who is mayweather to say we change it?

its governed and controlled by a professional body - what more do you want? i have told you the reasons why theydont want to draw blook so close to a fight - an they seem legitimate reasons to me too

I was a Pacman supporter until this, I have lost a massive amount of respect for him.

And Mayweather talks out his ass.

It's a system that was used in the 70's. You know, times move on... techniques change. Boxing isn't moving with the times.

Lol you said that losing a teaspoon of blood weakens you.

I replied with, why does every other athlete in the world manage to perform to there 100% ability with random drugs tests?

Why can you lose a pint and go back to 100% sport in 2 days?

I have recieved no answer, that is not a legitamate reason.
ok if i said it weakens you then i will stand corrected

tho i am sure i didnt, i am sure i gave a different reason, more closley related to the endorphones argument
Powerhouse
I replied with, why does every other athlete in the world manage to perform to there 100% ability with random drugs tests?

lol wat
burningnun
lol wat

Every world class athlete, still manages to perform to there capabilites, when randomly drug tested.

You don't see an athlete come out and go "sorry guys, I lost because they took a tablespoon of my blood"
jermaindefoe
ok if i said it weakens you then i will stand corrected

tho i am sure i didnt, i am sure i gave a different reason, more closley related to the endorphones argument

My bad looking back that wasn't you.

Ok so releasing blood creates endorphines, do you know how much blood is needed to produce how much? And how much is needed to have X effect?

I don't know much about it, would be interested to see if such a tiny amount of blood has any effect on the person. My bet is it dosn't but would love to be proved wrong.
like i said - i dont no enough about it so dont want to commit

i come back to my original point tho - if it results in a 1% performance decrease then surely, in the biggest fight of the decade, thats got to be negaive for the fighter?
jermaindefoe
like i said - i dont no enough about it so dont want to commit

i come back to my original point tho - if it results in a 1% performance decrease then surely, in the biggest fight of the decade, thats got to be negaive for the fighter?

You lose more blood on a period.

It would be more like >.01% if any all.

And its the same for both if there is any effect at all?
Powerhouse
Every world class athlete, still manages to perform to there capabilites, when randomly drug tested.

You don't see an athlete come out and go "sorry guys, I lost because they took a tablespoon of my blood"

Actually if you look at a lot of international athletes in the Olympics for example, you will see they are not randomly drug tested to this extent. A good example is the Chinese weightlifting team who almost certainly have their medicine cabinets filled up by the state, as opposed to American weightlifters who get randomly tested enough for it to actually be effective. It's not a coincidence that the latter team always gets taken apart in the Olympics and Worlds meets. You can bet this happens in every sport the less scrupulous countries take seriously.

Aside from the digression, is PBF going to be held to these demands? If so, I don't see the problem with them. If not, it is clearly a devious attempt to negotiate the contract to better favour him.
Reply 2588
Okay can we stop anyone defending GBP? They are hypocrites

This quote from a news article in March 2008 might interest you because it proves GBP and the Mayweathers are making a mockery of boxing and its fans:

"Whatever tests they want them to take, Shane will submit to that. We are not going to do other tests than the Nevada commission requires," Schaefer said. "The fact is Shane is not a cheater and he does not need to be treated like one."
-- Richard Schaefer, Golden Boy Promotions chief executive, on defending Shane Mosley from taking drug tests other than those required by the Nevada Athletic Commission for his planned fight against Zab Judah

Here's the link of the whole AP article:

Over at ESPN
When Manny gives blood it takes him three or four days to recover. I am not going to have my fighter going into a fight feeling weak
Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach

You can say they both spout :snow::snow::snow::snow:.

Considering you can donate 1.5 pints and then continue sport activites in 2 days, what he is saying is a total, and complete lie.
Jxhn
Okay can we stop anyone defending GBP? They are hypocrites

This quote from a news article in March 2008 might interest you because it proves GBP and the Mayweathers are making a mockery of boxing and its fans:

"Whatever tests they want them to take, Shane will submit to that. We are not going to do other tests than the Nevada commission requires," Schaefer said. "The fact is Shane is not a cheater and he does not need to be treated like one."
-- Richard Schaefer, Golden Boy Promotions chief executive, on defending Shane Mosley from taking drug tests other than those required by the Nevada Athletic Commission for his planned fight against Zab Judah

Here's the link of the whole AP article:

Over at ESPN

remind me to +rep you tomorrow - good find
Reply 2591
Powerhouse
You can say they both spout .

Considering you can donate 1.5 pints and then continue sport activites in 2 days, what he is saying is a total, and complete lie.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree! I simply think that people defending GBP need to have a better picture of exactly who they are talking about. Anyway that quote from Roach is a response to an equally exaggerated claim from a hypocritical company.
Jxhn
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree! I simply think that people defending GBP need to have a better picture of exactly who they are talking about. Anyway that quote from Roach is a response to an equally exaggerated claim from a hypocritical company.

Yeah i'm not defending GB I just think it should be widespread in boxing, seems very hypocritical of them.
Reply 2593
Powerhouse
Yeah i'm not defending GB I just think it should be widespread in boxing, seems very hypocritical of them.

I agree, there is no reason why boxers are being less tested than other athletes.
Who's in the wrong over this blood testing malarkey? Is PBF pussying out of fighting Manny? Or is Manny trying to find excuses to not fight PBF? I personally want MP to **** all over PBF if ever a fight did materialize.
white_haired_wizard
Who's in the wrong over this blood testing malarkey? Is PBF pussying out of fighting Manny? Or is Manny trying to find excuses to not fight PBF? I personally want MP to **** all over PBF if ever a fight did materialize.

The rubbish Roach is coming up with about blood testing sounds as if he dosn't want it done for other reasons (I don't think Manny cheats but there is a reason he wants to stop or stall negotiations.)

Seems to be no reason not too.

Then again, it's up to him.
Powerhouse
The rubbish Roach is coming up with about blood testing sounds as if he dosn't want it done for other reasons (I don't think Manny cheats but there is a reason he wants to stop or stall negotiations.)

there's bad blood between Roach and the PBF camp IIRC? Why is this? It's been this way for a while? I think it's tragic that they're putting themselves first before a viewing audience. It all seems so immature. Shame that we'll be deprived of a great fight, all because of a few people being arse holes and bickering like little ****s.
white_haired_wizard
there's bad blood between Roach and the PBF camp IIRC? Why is this? It's been this way for a while? I think it's tragic that they're putting themselves first before a viewing audience. It all seems so immature. Shame that we'll be deprived of a great fight, all because of a few people being arse holes and bickering like little ****s.

I totally agree and yeah it goes back a long way the bad blood..

Some people seem to be saying it is PBF being stupid asking for random testing.

I just don't see why whats good enough for many major sporting bodies is not good enough for boxing.

This nonsese about Pacman sueing PBF will get laughed out of court, if he hasn't agreed to random drug tests, they have every right to say this when explaining why the fight is being called off. They havn't said he is cheating, it's a shame I have lost respect for Pacman due to this.
Powerhouse

Roach ducking Mayweather? That's just absurd. This is the guy that jumped his man up two weight divisions to fight DLH! Pacquiao will clean Mayweather's clock and Roach knows it. Team Pacquiao want this fight, and Mayweather probably wants it as well. The fight will come off.

The bottom line is that there's no precedent for this to happen. Mayweather has no right to demand it. Pacquiao doesn't feel comfortable with it. I don't know anything about doping, but I'm not convinced that this is needed. Why aren't tests during training camp (presumably when he'd be roiding if he was), before the pre-fight press conference and after the fight (leaving an interval of only really 24 hours free from testing) sufficient?
Powerhouse
This nonsese about Pacman sueing PBF will get laughed out of court, if he hasn't agreed to random drug tests, they have every right to say this when explaining why the fight is being called off. They havn't said he is cheating, it's a shame I have lost respect for Pacman due to this.

It's not about that. Floyd Senior has actually accused Pacquiao of cheating. They're not suing over "unreasonable demands". They're suing over defamation of character.

Latest