The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2860
jimber
Haha nice yeah that should be worth watching...i take it thats the fight right before the main event? Lol yeah i got to meet for footie at 9am, maybe i wont be on top form!

LOL. Mate, if you're up, I'm gonna be right here on TSR tonight/this morning. You'll be watching, right? I hope it won't be disappointing! A few of my mates are into boxing but not quite such a fan as I am.

EDIT: You streaming or did you pay?
Reply 2861
JiangYu
LOL. Mate, if you're up, I'm gonna be right here on TSR tonight/this morning. You'll be watching, right? I hope it won't be disappointing! A few of my mates are into boxing but not quite such a fan as I am.

Haha for sure I'll be watching....seeing as im watching on my own I might catch a few hours and wake ar 2am for it! But yeah i'll take the laptop down! Lol yeah maybe they'll be interested in the Floyd fight...but I doubt any have heard of Mosley lol!
EDIT: its free on ss1! if you have it, i love how theyre making the big fights not involving british fighters free!
Reply 2862
Ah ****, dude - I completely forgot. I bet Mosley's going to be. Unfortunately, I don't have ss1. I'm going to have to stream or something. I'm alone watching this too - do you reckon I should buy it or is it going to be a waste like the Hatton fight lol?
Reply 2863
JiangYu
Ah ****, dude - I completely forgot. I bet Mosley's going to be. Unfortunately, I don't have ss1. I'm going to have to stream or something. I'm alone watching this too - do you reckon I should buy it or is it going to be a waste like the Hatton fight lol?

haha hold up, ill pm you a link which worked for the last fight i watched on there (think it was the froch fight)
that kell brook bout last night was a disgrace

2 mins into the second round before the guy threw a bloody jab. typical fwank card.

what are ppl calling for pac-clottey? i'm saying pacquiao tko9-11
Reply 2865
I got links to the Pacquiao-Clottey fight. PM me
Reply 2866
Wow. That fight was boring...Clottey just doesn't do it for me...
zZzZzZzZ

The entire undercard - crap.
The main event - crap.
Top Rank Promotional company - CRAP.
Reply 2868
I fell asleep during undercard....lucky i put it on to record aswell LOL fight was pretty boring, Clottey hit some good shots w/great accuracy but he threw like 5 a round haha, Pacquaio threw loads but clottey blocked most.... But yeah i see this fight as just a stop gap for the mayweather showdown!
Reply 2869
Come on guys, it wasn't all that bad. Pacquaio looked good, albeit he had a pretty stationary target to aim at. But it was impressive to see him sustaining such a high volume of punches for 12 consecutive rounds. The one thing which stood out was obviously Pacquaio's use of the body shot. It's obviously something Roach worked on during the training camp, given Cotto's high guard. I think it's something they will focus on again if a fight with PBF materialises.

Kudos to Clottey though, he displayed a lot of heart in taking Pacquaio's blows. His strategy did mean it was a one man fight but it was the only way he could pull a win off, as small a chance that was.

And the music in between rounds for the undercard fights = :facepalm:
Reply 2870
lol ^ Guns and Roses and some crappy party music, Haha
Reply 2871
Manny Pacquiaovs Joshua clottey fight—You gotta be the dumbest motha *beep* in Madison ave NOT to know manny was gonna lace this herbie. Here's the issue:Manny is in an—how can i say this— exceptional class of of boxers I like to call "Elite". Jousha got his ass handed to him with a $10k payday because he's NOT an "Elite" class fighter; he lacks almost everything but power. The way to win that fight for clottey was to let go of every damn trick in his 1 page book and WALLA, BUT NOOO!! Clottey couldn't have done that because again, HE'S NOT AN ELITE CLASS BOXER. Elite class boxers transcend the average pro by virtue of their uncanny ability to 'THINK' in the ring in a matter of a chest match. This **** ant checkers, an elite boxer has an economical style that accompanies his attributes whether they be natural or performance enhanced. The entire damn stadium was bewildered by how manny—being 2 inches shorter, 3-5 lbs lighter, and coming from a smaller weight division—was not only able to pull off a victory, but also hurt clottey with those little fist of his. There's no secret that manny is almost as complete a boxer as Sugar Ray Robinson, however, there's folks out there who consider floyd mayweather the p4p champ.Whether or not manny loses to floyd or not (i think he will lose to floyd), manny is a totally better boxer than floyd could be for many reasons; simply saying you're the best on the media till it's engraved in the minds of many, won't cut it, floyd.Floyd's best contender out their ISN'T Manny, sorry to say. Manny might be a well rounded boxer, but his punch regime, and style will totally accommodate floyd's typical counter-punching/defensive shell technique. First and foremost: manny can't and won't be able to neutralize floyd's quick, flying left hook for the life of him; he won't be able to find floyd with those rabbit punches going inside without taking at least a flurry by floyd; he won't be able to shoot off his left flush (though im not saying it won't land) as successfully as manny is used to without floyd adjusting to it; and he won't be able to hit floyd in the face without faints that aren't in his boxing repertoire. However, manny has something that floyd can't stand and that's speed and pressure on HELLZ massive scale. It's proven that floyd can't stand pressure from his past fights with Jose Luis Castillo, Ricky Hatton, and or demarcus "chop chop" corely. Manny is all these guys combined, and this is why I'm hopeful that manny might put in end to that 50 cent dick sucking ass fruit cake.
Here's how stupid this cat is-- i thought this **** was a joke, but it's so you see the floyd is really, REALLY not the head of the operation in his training camp. The real heads of his operation, the true brain of floyd mayweather is his father and his uncle- he knows dick about money other then the fact that it's green.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Hz5-uYHso

^^^ THE TRUTH
I know what you are all thinking as soon as he is doing his entrance, and if you are all patient you will get what you want :biggrin:

Reply 2873
lmao ^

I've seen a few of his fights. He's no good - he always loses.
Reply 2874
Pacman Colttley was just a stupid fight. Why get to the top and fight crap? Any half-decent fighter including Hatton could complete a rout over Clottley.

Looking forward to Kessler/Froch and my mouth tingles at 2 extremely quick fighters in Paulie and Amir.
Reply 2875
Né Stig
Pacman Colttley was just a stupid fight. Why get to the top and fight crap? Any half-decent fighter including Hatton could complete a rout over Clottley.

Looking forward to Kessler/Froch and my mouth tingles at 2 extremely quick fighters in Paulie and Amir.

On the subject of Paulie and Amir. Haha - those guys are jokes (as in I find them extremely hilarious). Here a video intereview of Amir Khan in a conversation with Paulie:

Thoughts - Paulie is going to be knocked out at around round 6. He's vastly overrated and he hasn't done much since his defeat from Hatton asides from beating Diaz. Meanwhile, Khan has taken on Barrera and Kotelnik who are top class opponents. Paulie doesn't have the power to hurt Khan, he rarely hurts in his fights.
Reply 2876
barrera = washed ... I don't understand how young, top prime fighters can boast over beating the wash-up shells of former champions.
Reply 2877
I agree about Malignaggi being over-hyped. He put in a brave performance against Cotto, agreed, but he still lost! Don't get me started on what Hatton done to him - and this was supposed to be Hattons' poor days after his loss to PBF.

Khan is going to clear up - and Malignaggi's career will be fighting fringe contenders such as Judah and Clottley from now on in.
JiangYu
On the subject of Paulie and Amir. Haha - those guys are jokes (as in I find them extremely hilarious). Here a video intereview of Amir Khan in a conversation with Paulie:

Thoughts - Paulie is going to be knocked out at around round 6. He's vastly overrated and he hasn't done much since his defeat from Hatton asides from beating Diaz. Meanwhile, Khan has taken on Barrera and Kotelnik who are top class opponents. Paulie doesn't have the power to hurt Khan, he rarely hurts in his fights.

Haha, you cannot seriously be predicting a knock out for Khan? Malignaggi took a brutal beating from Miguel Cotto and never looked like being stopped. Hatton only got the stoppage because the quitter Buddy McGirt through in the towel. Malignaggi won't get stopped by a guy like Khan who doesn't really bang that hard and has only slightly above average punching power.

Kotelnik and Barrera top class? :no: Kotelnik is a feather fisted B-level fighter and Barrera is an ex-featherweight who is about 8 or 9 years past his best.

Malignaggi loses because Khan is a bad styles match up but Khan took the easy route here. Maidana was his mandatory, they promised him a fight after the disgraceful Salita defence and but they don't want to put their man in their with anybody who can bang and Maidana can bang.

Kotelnik, Salita & Malignaggi are three feather fisted fighters.

Né Stig
I agree about Malignaggi being over-hyped. He put in a brave performance against Cotto, agreed, but he still lost! Don't get me started on what Hatton done to him - and this was supposed to be Hattons' poor days after his loss to PBF.

Khan is going to clear up - and Malignaggi's career will be fighting fringe contenders such as Judah and Clottley from now on in.

Khan won't clear anything up. The JWW division is talent filled and team Khan have turned down fights with Bradley, Alexander and Maidana because they know exactly what will happen if Khan steps in with quick, slick fighters (Bradley & Alexander) and with ferocious come forward guys with knockout power (Maidana).. he will lose.
Reply 2879
Sweet Pea

Khan won't clear anything up. The JWW division is talent filled and team Khan have turned down fights with Bradley, Alexander and Maidana because they know exactly what will happen if Khan steps in with quick, slick fighters (Bradley & Alexander) and with ferocious come forward guys with knockout power (Maidana).. he will lose.

I get tired of people stating that boxers always dodge people.
Malignaggi is supposedly the toughest out of that lot (apart from Bradley), and he's taken him square on after Paulies good win to Diaz.

Paulie offers the key to better fighters - not Maidana.

And I do think Khan will clear up. The only thing that could wreck his challenge is power - and Paulie doesn't exactly have that in abundance.

Latest