Boxing Watch

jimber
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
But I think Freddie is working on tightening Khans defence all the time, thats why they chose Malinaggi. Fight that will make a fair bit of $$$, relatively big name and very low chance of having his chin tested. It was a smart move. Would be perfect to dominate 140 division by taking on Maidana & then Bradley, then move to 147.
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Paullie always wasn't an outstanding counter-puncher, he got caught with lefts which was just pathetic for a southpaw.

But on the other hand, khan was hustled by the southpaw. Khans got amazing speed though. I also noticed how khan has really a hard left, but was easily caught by the right (something not favoring him with names like mayweather)

Freddie will sharpen khan up despite his obvious fuked track record.

Paullie needs to hire a new trainer. He tired, but paullie, to me, doesn't have the natural talent.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
its mroe the facr that he is a pr nightmare

wtf sending pictures of his **** to women, telling carl froch to retire as he lost on points to kessler, saying he was going to fight anyone then picks someone who has 5ko's in about 30 fights - and a few weeks ago, just to put the cherry on the cake, said that he wanted to fight the likes of mayweather and pacqiou when they are past their prime so he can beat them :lolwut:

lets also not forget the fact that he got banged out in 50 seconds by a guy who couldnt beat a super feather weight in kevin mitchell - who last night faced a legitimate - hard hitting lightweight and got done.

Khan is a joke, if your questioning my dislike for him and basing it on the fact he has achieved more than me then why would i support the likes of john murray, a tremndous lightweight who fights with his heart on his sleeve, and has achieved more than i ever will.

No doubt the likes of you have ever seen him fight, just caught on the khan hype wagon
Well, Froch was trash talking about Khan as well. So, it is a two way street. He has said he wants to fight Pac Man And PBF. Who cares? Everyone says that. It barely even makes the news.

Murray is good. As good as Khan? It depends on whether Khan can take a punch. We will see that if when he faces Maidiana/Bradley/Alexander. He needs to tighten his defense as well. Other than that I don't see Murray beating Khan. I don't even think Murray is as good as those three.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Khan "picking" his opponents as easy is a simple argument for any Khan hater. Admittedly, Malinaggi wasn't the greatest challenger but a durable, counter punching fighter for his US debut. If Paulie was that easy, he would have been knocked out in the first few rounds so not that easy to beat was he. Khan's said himself that he wants to face the likes of Maidana/Bradley etc. Isn't it better for him to face either or any big challenger to him at the time that is right rather than fight now and it not garner the coverage a fight with a big name light weltweight deserves? It's called building up fights and for the promotional teams to make tons of money when it does.

And also Khan's recent situation with the model, oh yeah, he deserves public condemnation and stoning for as a 23-year-old chap to send those kinds of messages to a model. Not really on the John Terry level or a married man is he? Admittedly, not great looking on his Muslim image he's portraying but everybody makes mistakes.

BTW, like Victor Ortiz when he fought. Very Pacquaio like as a south paw and his general footwork, enjoyed his comfortable win over Campbell.
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Well, Froch was trash talking about Khan as well. So, it is a two way street. He has said he wants to fight Pac Man And PBF. Who cares? Everyone says that. It barely even makes the news.

Murray is good. As good as Khan? It depends on whether Khan can take a punch. We will see that if when he faces Maidiana/Bradley/Alexander. He needs to tighten his defense as well. Other than that I don't see Murray beating Khan. I don't even think Murray is as good as those three.
All froch said was his title win over kotelnik was boring, so what - it really was

he said he wanted to fight pac and mayweather when they were out of their prime - wtf - not everyone says that tbh

murray can bang, khan ducked every decent british fighter, called out thaxton, then doged, moved up a weight to avoid murray - then never had the balls to get back in with prescott, he is a hype job, as soon as he gets one on the beard he is going over

could you imagine khan vs katsidis - let alone khan vs a fully fledged juniour welter

maybe khan wouldnt beat murray, but wouldnt you like to know, wouldnt everyone like to know, the reason we dont is because he dodged every decent domestic fighter after getting downed by gomez and willie limond :lolwut:
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Khan "picking" his opponents as easy is a simple argument for any Khan hater. Admittedly, Malinaggi wasn't the greatest challenger but a durable, counter punching fighter for his US debut. If Paulie was that easy, he would have been knocked out in the first few rounds so not that easy to beat was he. Khan's said himself that he wants to face the likes of Maidana/Bradley etc. Isn't it better for him to face either or any big challenger to him at the time that is right rather than fight now and it not garner the coverage a fight with a big name light weltweight deserves? It's called building up fights and for the promotional teams to make tons of money when it does.

And also Khan's recent situation with the model, oh yeah, he deserves public condemnation and stoning for as a 23-year-old chap to send those kinds of messages to a model. Not really on the John Terry level or a married man is he? Admittedly, not great looking on his Muslim image he's portraying but everybody makes mistakes.

BTW, like Victor Ortiz when he fought. Very Pacquaio like as a south paw and his general footwork, enjoyed his comfortable win over Campbell.
seriously dont give me that one, its almost as bad as khan playing the race card

who said paulie was easy, i never said that, but khan was never going to get tagged, let along hurt against someone who hasnt knocked someone out since 2003!!

khan saying something never means it happens, remember when he said he was going to fightthaxton. He isnt picking the fights, roach and golden boy are. He should have cleaned up the british scence first, hit and run job against koltenik was hardly convincing and the win against berrera was like horrendous.

He was a world champion before he took this fight with malignaggi, the guy shouldnt have even has a title chhance, hes been beat more time than rhianna. Maidanna was interim, khan was champion, khan doged him, you cant say he wasnt ready, thats what holding a title is about, beating people and proving you are the best
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All froch said was his title win over kotelnik was boring, so what - it really was

he said he wanted to fight pac and mayweather when they were out of their prime - wtf - not everyone says that tbh

murray can bang, khan ducked every decent british fighter, called out thaxton, then doged, moved up a weight to avoid murray - then never had the balls to get back in with prescott, he is a hype job, as soon as he gets one on the beard he is going over

could you imagine khan vs katsidis - let alone khan vs a fully fledged juniour welter

maybe khan wouldnt beat murray, but wouldnt you like to know, wouldnt everyone like to know, the reason we dont is because he dodged every decent domestic fighter after getting downed by gomez and willie limond :lolwut:
Froch didn't even watch the fight. I remember him saying on Sky Sports that Khan wouldn't make and etc. It is just back and forth.

I want to see the fight. I think Murray is better than Mitchell and he should have the shot against Kastidas. At least Murray has been fighting people who are good at a domestic level recently like Thaxton and Mcallister. He also beat the same Mendoza. Mitchell was fighting bums before he faced Prescott.

I want to see Khan against someone who will test his chin. He is going to get hit because his defense isn't that good. I want to see Khan vs Murray. That would be a sell out.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Froch didn't even watch the fight. I remember him saying on Sky Sports that Khan wouldn't make and etc. It is just back and forth.

I want to see the fight. I think Murray is better than Mitchell and he should have the shot against Kastidas. At least Murray has been fighting people who are good at a domestic level recently like Thaxton and Mcallister. He also beat the same Mendoza. Mitchell was fighting bums before he faced Prescott.

I want to see Khan against someone who will test his chin. He is going to get hit because his defense isn't that good. I want to see Khan vs Murray. That would be a sell out.
this is my problem, you wont see it, i have nothing against people supporting khan, but i wish they would realise he is all about the fame and money - its all he cares about - the easiest way to get the titles is all he wants, i guess its a legitimate way to do it, but it indirectly puts the middle finger up to people like froch and mitchell who put it all on the line every fight they pick

edit and bolded: yeh ur right he didnt watch, he said he heard it was boring wich is even sillier coz it was what many thoguth
uer23
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
this is my problem, you wont see it, i have nothing against people supporting khan, but i wish they would realise he is all about the fame and money - its all he cares about - the easiest way to get the titles is all he wants, i guess its a legitimate way to do it, but it indirectly puts the middle finger up to people like froch and mitchell who put it all on the line every fight they pick

edit and bolded: yeh ur right he didnt watch, he said he heard it was boring wich is even sillier coz it was what many thoguth
:lolwut: Probably has to be one of the most random of assumptions. Yet though weren't all the greatest boxers doing it for money and fame, Tyson/Ali and so is Mayweather. As long he's got the talent to stay out there I don't see why not. I don't see Khan bragging about this and that, whereas you see mayweather doing exactly that. Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers, especially from sources like the sun.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by uer23)
Probably has to be one of the most random of assumptions. Yet though weren't all the greatest boxers doing it for money and fame, Tyson/Ali and so is Mayweather. As long he's got the talent to stay out there I don't see why not. I don't see Khan bragging about this and that, whereas you see mayweather doing exactly that. Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers, especially from sources like the sun.
yeh but the best back it the f..k up, they dont side step and the put it onthe line, and thats what you should do the moment you become a WORLD TITLE HOLDER no matter what your age, if you have the title you are considered the best - or one of seeing as there is now the diomand belt and the stupid governing body belts, that aside, you are a wolrd champion, you have to fight the best - no matter what, there is no excuses for not being ready when you are a world champion, sorry
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
ahem... that biitch is a 'pin-up'.

Glamour model Leanne Crow, 21, reveals: "He might be a good fighter but he has a filthy mind."
(lmao)

http://www.myspace.com/xleannecrowx

Seriously, the biitch has about 1000000 nude pics on google image alone. He sends **** pics and THE SKY IS FALLING! che... if this is what you consider immoral than let me introduce you to the 21st century
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
seriously dont give me that one, its almost as bad as khan playing the race card

who said paulie was easy, i never said that, but khan was never going to get tagged, let along hurt against someone who hasnt knocked someone out since 2003!!

khan saying something never means it happens, remember when he said he was going to fightthaxton. He isnt picking the fights, roach and golden boy are. He should have cleaned up the british scence first, hit and run job against koltenik was hardly convincing and the win against berrera was like horrendous.

He was a world champion before he took this fight with malignaggi, the guy shouldnt have even has a title chhance, hes been beat more time than rhianna. Maidanna was interim, khan was champion, khan doged him, you cant say he wasnt ready, thats what holding a title is about, beating people and proving you are the best

That's actually what I was presuming, or am presuming, about mayweather and his camp. I doubt to the highest extent that this niigga is the one picking his fights. While we're at it, knowing what an idiot he is on Bloomberg t.v, I doubt he's the head his financials empire.
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

"im investing in myself"......................... ...

Mark cuban is a financial genius alright, he's got floyd repeating that bull **** line "im getting 100% of my money".
Mark is known for losing big, last thing you wanna do is invest in a man whose had failed teams in the past, especially when such a big portion of is cash.
I'm assuming 50 cent got him involved with mark cuban because 50 also had ventured with mark in the past, not sure if it was for those corny azz sneakers or "spinner g" chains.
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
anyone see the khan malignaggi weigh in

jeeez- the khan contingent made themselves look like they were iraqi terrorists - idiots - even hatton fans were loud but at least controlled

hope mitchell wins against katsidis too but i dont think he can
:lolwut:
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
seriously, i see where your coming from if you read my comment at face value, but i mean seriously - did you see it? all that was missing was a few ak47's being fired in the air

no control - at least hatton took 15000 odd people who drank and sang, khan takes 50 and the place turns in to a war zone with chants from the kuran being spouted left right and center

As well as that, what were they doing in their, paulie said it was meant to be a closed affair - as did golden boy - it was a publicity stunt which back faired, which backs up my assumption that khan treuly is a pr nightmare

anyway - thats me done of the khan talk, if anyone wants to quote me read my replys to the mattter - its taking over the thread
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
seriously, i see where your coming from if you read my comment at face value, but i mean seriously - did you see it? all that was missing was a few ak47's being fired in the air

no control - at least hatton took 15000 odd people who drank and sang, khan takes 50 and the place turns in to a war zone with chants from the kuran being spouted left right and center

As well as that, what were they doing in their, paulie said it was meant to be a closed affair - as did golden boy - it was a publicity stunt which back faired, which backs up my assumption that khan treuly is a pr nightmare

anyway - thats me done of the khan talk, if anyone wants to quote me read my replys to the mattter - its taking over the thread
Hardly. All they were saying was 'God is the greatest'. Prince used to say it too, just because its in arabic they suddenly require AK's and are similar to iraqi terrorists. Your deduction of similarity is comical.
uer23
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

You sir are a prick. You think it is wrong to praise god, in that case great boxers like Ali/Tyson must be deemed as cocks to you.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mos Def)
Hardly. All they were saying was 'God is the greatest'. Prince used to say it too, just because its in arabic they suddenly require AK's and are similar to iraqi terrorists. Your deduction of similarity is comical.
wtf has god got to do with a weigh in
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by uer23)
You sir are a prick. You think it is wrong to praise god, in that case great boxers like Ali/Tyson must be deemed as cocks to you.
well if they took 50 fans to a closed room weigh in and they were acting like that then yeh i would tbh

from memory i cant remember an instance like that with either of those 2
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Thats fair enough but just reading over that makes you seem a bit....you know.... :thumbsdown:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1017)
79.14%
Leave (268)
20.86%

Watched Threads