Turn on thread page Beta

Boxing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I'll be watching it at home on the Internet unless I can come up with some arrangement with my dad and a few mates lol. The SU are charging £5 to watch but they sold out of tickets before I found out lol so will probably be at home unless I can find somewhere else

What time is the actual fight scheduled to start?
    £5 a ticket, bet they've made a killing on that then!

It'll be on at 3am, 4am something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mos Def)
    Daamn ep 2 of 24/7 was really good, it showed how humble hatton is, also showed that pbf isn't taking hatton lightly with that intense 'secret' sparring session.
    Did you not know how humble he was anyway? ... He's the most humble BIG sports person that I know of ... Mayweather does that in all his training camps though, doesn't let the media do his sparring sessions.

It's been good reading Ricky's diary on the Sky Sports website. Seem's like he's taken to the change over in America really well, not much jet leg or **** all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samio)
    Did you not know how humble he was anyway? ... He's the most humble BIG sports person that I know of ... Mayweather does that in all his training camps though, doesn't let the media do his sparring sessions.

It's been good reading Ricky's diary on the Sky Sports website. Seem's like he's taken to the change over in America really well, not much jet leg or **** all
    I knew he was humble, but the bit when he asks his mom for tea and his moms like 'Turn the kettle on you flipping wealterweight champion of the world' hahaha, gotta love that.

But i think pbf's front is he doesn't care about hatton, but he is nervous, you can tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mos Def)
    I knew he was humble, but the bit when he asks his mom for tea and his moms like 'Turn the kettle on you flipping wealterweight champion of the world' hahaha, gotta love that.
    Yeah....because that wasn't put on at all. :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    Yeah....because that wasn't put on at all. :unsure:
    what? yes it was watch ep 2.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! My student union bar is showing it for free, looks like it's going to be a long night of drinking

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think Hatton is going to get beat up rather badly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    Get out ... yank :mad: ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    I think it'll be a close fight or PBF will dominate Hatton... just a feeling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samio)
    Get out ... yank :mad: ...
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for Hatton... I'm English, just lviing in the states. I just think PBF is too fast and his technique is too good for Hatton.

I'm willing and ready to eat my own words, I assure you.

ReputationRep:
    I think Hatton will put extra special effort in for the fight. If he can keep his legs moving and not let Mayweather pick him off, I think Ricky can win.

Mayweather doesn't like getting hit, De La Hoya showed that and Ricky has some phenomenal punches in his arsenal.

We shall see!

ReputationRep:
    Finally, its available to order on Sky Box office (since yesterday)-- those wa***** charge £1 extra to order via phone. I'll be watching it at home:p:

24/7 is pretty good so far but with the delay between HBO showing it in America then replaying it over here, will we even see episode 4??

Anyway, I'm not deluded, Mayweather is clear favourite but I am rooting for Hatton and hope there's an upset. There are still concerns over Hatton's stamina (has looked tired in fights since Tszyu) and vulnerability to cuts. I hope he overcomes them and beats the crap out of Mayweather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Finally, its available to order on Sky Box office (since yesterday)-- those wa***** charge £1 extra to order via phone. I'll be watching it at home:p:

24/7 is pretty good so far but with the delay between HBO showing it in America then replaying it over here, will we even see episode 4??

Anyway, I'm not deluded, Mayweather is clear favourite but I am rooting for Hatton and hope there's an upset. There are still concerns over Hatton's stamina (has looked tired in fights since Tszyu) and vulnerability to cuts. I hope he overcomes them and beats the crap out of Mayweather
    Well we can watch it after the fight and laugh at who evers going on about 'im gona win blah blah' lol. Hopefully PBF. I really dislike the way PBF trys to throw excuses that he has to quit boxing, making his doctor say it as well lol.

Am i the only one anticipating the manfredo lacey match? No one a manfredo fan here? :confused: , it will be good anyway, hope lacey gets mashed.

Also Amir Khans fighting earl on saturday i think, that will be an awesome fight, amirs toughest deffo. Earl v Katsidas was frikkin awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, looking forward to Manfredo-Lacy for sure. Lacy was so overrated and if he loses on his 'apparent' way back up, it is all but over for him.

Khan's suspect chin is going to be tested. Definitely looking forward to what he brings.
    Great weekend of boxing coming up!

ReputationRep:
    Ricky Hatton faces Floyd Mayweather this weekend!
    I hope mayweather loses.

ReputationRep:
    he will, ep 3 24/7 was awesome. Hatton did 15 rounds in training, nice.

ReputationRep:
    Big fight edging closer...

I would love for Hatton to win, but I can't see it happening. PBF's awesome defence won't allow Hatton to get close enough. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Where's Walshie these days!?

ReputationRep:
    Hatton has been hugging and holding too much lately. I hope he keeps at least some distance to box on the inside rather than throwing two punches and hugging. I cant see him bullying PBF but I really hope he can find something and beat him.

ReputationRep:
    Mayweather won too many
    I hope pretty boy gets knocked out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    It's on HBO on Thursday night and Sky on Saturday night ... I've been watching the HBO ones instead of the Sky ones. Sky edit all the swearing out :mad: ... Been watching the HBO ones a day after they were shown in America too so its all good.

I'll post the link for Episode 4 up here on Friday sometime.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 16, 2019
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.