So dumb.
FranticMind
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Planar)
Do any of you box?
I do. Not had any matches yet; but do full contact sparring and train regularly.

Might be at competing level (probs inter-uni only) in a few months.
Arturo Bandini
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do.

only just got round to watch the purdy lynes fight this morning. good fight, I cannot BELIEVE one of the judges scored it a draw.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to however, after suffering an Achillies rupture I was forced to leave my local boxing gym and just do light swimming. I will get back into it in the future when I feel my Achillies doesn't feel like it's about to break in half after every light jog around the estate.
cocacola2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
shocking decision , marquez robbed

eubank jr looks class but i hate showboating
Come off it... The commentator was making it out as if Marquez won clearly, when he didn't.

Did he connect more punches? Yes.

Were those punches hurting pacquiao? **** no... it was quite apparent.

Marquez did perform better, but he didn't do enough to win. It should have been a draw in my opinion.

I was disappointed with both boxers' work rate though.

Edit: The post match analysis on Primetime was ****.

However, in revision of my earlier post - maybe Marquez did edge it. But I maintain that it wasn't as clear as people are making it out to be.
Rgman27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by oh-my-diddy)
Don't be so naive. Here's the truth:

I like Dywer but he was wrong in this case.

Hopkins injured himself fairly seriously. Having said that, I don't think he would have won anyway.
Rgman27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cocacola2)
Come off it... The commentator was making it out as if Marquez won clearly, when he didn't.

Did he connect more punches? Yes.

Were those punches hurting pacquiao? **** no... it was quite apparent.

Marquez did perform better, but he didn't do enough to win. It should have been a draw in my opinion.

I was disappointed with both boxers' work rate though.

Edit: The post match analysis on Primetime was ****.

However, in revision of my earlier post - maybe Marquez did edge it. But I maintain that it wasn't as clear as people are making it out to be.
Yeh, I agree...I have seen worse decisions.

I think that Judges are generally more impressed by someone with Pac Man's style and that can cover any deficiencies that he may have

I really think after this that Floyd would beat him comprehensively unless Pac Man can get an early knockout.
Rgman27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pinda.college)
I used to however, after suffering an Achillies rupture I was forced to leave my local boxing gym and just do light swimming. I will get back into it in the future when I feel my Achillies doesn't feel like it's about to break in half after every light jog around the estate.
How long ago was this?
RamocitoMorales
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jingers)
Pacquiao's going to win. It's not going to be anything like the last two fights in terms of closeness. KO by Pacquiao in the 2nd half.

Was I the only one who saw the hype? I've not paid much attention to it though.

I'll download and watch tomorrow.
How wrong were you...

:laugh:
King Leonidas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rgman27)
How long ago was this?
While ago, started to ease back into it now (nothing much, just things like pad work) and keeping up with the weight-lifting too.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was not expecting the fight to be controversial - that's the word that is being used everywhere atm - but when I read that Pacquiao had won on points, I thought oh right, he's finally put in a performance to silence the past. But it seems Juan was robbed even more this time than the previous two fights.

But Mayweather was dropping hints before that May 5th could be the date for a fight with Manny, now he's probably running to Golden Boy to make it happen. Floyd likes to see his opponents and have a glimpse of a flaw (s), and that fight will have given him huge encouragement.
B-Man.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jesus, Marquez got screwed. Can't believe they gave it to Pacquiao.
Uber-Man
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)

But Mayweather was dropping hints before that May 5th could be the date for a fight with Manny, now he's probably running to Golden Boy to make it happen. Floyd likes to see his opponents and have a glimpse of a flaw (s), and that fight will have given him huge encouragement.
True... I am a massive Pacquiao fan, (t-shirts and everything), but even i thought Marquez won it... Pretty close though... Marquez is Pacquiao's kryptonite, he is a puzzle Pac just cant solve...

Although Pacquiao will lose to Mayweather after that performance, its a fight that i feel has to happen after all the build up and back and forth...

& this is boxing and 1 punch can change everything....
TRUE_GOONERM
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If Pacquiao & Mayweather get it on, and smash commercial records, and hopefully provide an entertainign match. That could spark the revival for boxing, just think how much hype it will get, the media coverage, the bookies, the school playgrounds/offices.

Boxing sure needs it, especially when u consider the loss of a great 1 (RIP to Smokin Jo), how great boxing and entertaining it actually was, primarily its premier division Heavyweight. Now we have two boring defensive brothers as champs, and fat guys tryna pose as a threat.

Come on Top Rank & Mayweather Promotions, get tht fight on !!
Uber-Man
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TRUE_GOONERM)
If Pacquiao & Mayweather get it on, and smash commercial records, and hopefully provide an entertainign match. That could spark the revival for boxing, just think how much hype it will get, the media coverage, the bookies, the school playgrounds/offices.

Boxing sure needs it, especially when u consider the loss of a great 1 (RIP to Smokin Jo), how great boxing and entertaining it actually was, primarily its premier division Heavyweight. Now we have two boring defensive brothers as champs, and fat guys tryna pose as a threat.

Come on Top Rank & Mayweather Promotions, get tht fight on !!
http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/124063.html

Update son...
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
^Positive but not trusting the two promoters/camps after last negotiations, I'll wait till it's signed and sealed.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For me it's Sturm, just...
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
And the result is....

draw!

Sturm retains!

I think just deserved. I think he did the better work slightly. Murray did well, but Sturm had class when needed.

PS. I don't agree with people saying a draw is a win for Murray because it's in Germany. I honestly think Sturm won because of the class shown. Macklin was different though...
Rgman27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Né Stig)
And the result is....

draw!

Sturm retains!

I think just deserved. I think he did the better work slightly. Murray did well, but Sturm had class when needed.

PS. I don't agree with people saying a draw is a win for Murray because it's in Germany. I honestly think Sturm won because of the class shown. Macklin was different though...
Yeh, I agree. I thought Sturm had it. Better punches and looked more comfortable. It wasn't clear cut though.

The Sky Sports commentators were irritating with them constantly talking about Murray as if he should have won the fight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads