The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah cant wait.

24/7s have been good.
will they have the 'lets get ready to ruuuumble' guy there i wonder

what aa tit - but at least he does his one thing pretty well, lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_2_Rumble_Boxing

What a quality game! It almost made the dreamcast look like a good purchase, almost :p:
Reply 403
Clubber Lang
will they have the 'lets get ready to ruuuumble' guy there i wonder

what aa tit - but at least he does his one thing pretty well, lol

Do you know that Michael Buffer has patented that line, so only he can announce matches with that line lol.
lol, doesnt surprise me - i doubt anyone could pull it off like him anyway

I remember seeing him on WCW back in the day!
Reply 405
Clubber Lang
lol, doesnt surprise me - i doubt anyone could pull it off like him anyway

I remember seeing him on WCW back in the day!

The good ol' days...
Reply 406
im proud to be english tonight!

all those chants
our warrior going against the worlds best

lets have it!
Great stuff. Calzaghe laughing at Hopkins and then Ricky's comments
Hopkins might be cruising for a bruising at 7 years older than Calzaghe - even older by the time the fight actually happens.
Reply 409
Oh i wish it were legal ... i would've made many people happy.
Reply 410
read the rules, we're not alowed to answer it because the only means I know are illegal.

Can't wait now, especially since my mates having us all round to watch it rather than me watchin online:redface:. Brillaint tonight at the weigh in, Hatton looked really up for it, hope it doesnt cloud his judgement when in the ring. Fingers crossed for a Hatton win, is possible but will be difficult.
Well thanks for nowt fellas, what you say is ripping the piss end of.
Reply 412
Haha, I heard he insured his voice :biggrin:
How awesome is that? going to your effin' insurance company...
'yes, my voice is essential for working. I'd like a fat insurance payout on it.' :p:
Will be a tough ask but I hope Hatton can pull off some magic. PBF is quicker, and has a better reach so it remains to be seen whether Ricky can get in close enough without taking too many scoring shots on the way in. I think Hatton is the only guy out there with a style consistently awkward enough, and a heart big enough to beat Mayweather. Expect some brutal combos to the body from Hatton...that's the way to go. De la Hoya tried to use a similar in your face style with some powerful combos, a couple of which looked to hurt PBF to the body, but the attacks weren't sustained- he tried it a couple of times each round- and he got hurt a lot on the way in and out. A fitter and more rugged fighter like Hatton will be a bigger test for PBF. However, If Mayweather really is the all time great we think he is, then he will win on points. Hope I'm wrong though!

A couple of other British fighters to look out for...Amir Khan takes on his first real opponent in iron jaw Graham Earl. Expect Khan to get the decision, with a few bumps along the way.
Also Arthur Abraham and Wayne Elcock fight for the IBF middleweight title. Abraham is a good pro, and I suspect he'll win, possibly by late stoppage. Elcock can hold his own from what I've seen of him so good luck to him, I hope he does well.
Lastly Danny Williams takes on Oleg Platov for a European title in Switzerland. Not sure what shape he'll be in, but a fit DW is a match for anyone, evat at 35 or whatever he is. A DW gorging on 'cakes and biscuits' can expect to be stopped late on. Dunno which DW will turn up. I love the guy and hope he's in half-decent shape.

Should be a great evening of boxing!
Reply 414
Klinsmannic
Will be a tough ask but I hope Hatton can pull off some magic. PBF is quicker, and has a better reach so it remains to be seen whether Ricky can get in close enough without taking too many scoring shots on the way in. I think Hatton is the only guy out there with a style consistently awkward enough, and a heart big enough to beat Mayweather. Expect some brutal combos to the body from Hatton...that's the way to go. De la Hoya tried to use a similar in your face style with some powerful combos, a couple of which looked to hurt PBF to the body, but the attacks weren't sustained- he tried it a couple of times each round- and he got hurt a lot on the way in and out. A fitter and more rugged fighter like Hatton will be a bigger test for PBF. However, If Mayweather really is the all time great we think he is, then he will win on points. Hope I'm wrong though!

A couple of other British fighters to look out for...Amir Khan takes on his first real opponent in iron jaw Graham Earl. Expect Khan to get the decision, with a few bumps along the way.
Also Arthur Abraham and Wayne Elcock fight for the IBF middleweight title. Abraham is a good pro, and I suspect he'll win, possibly by late stoppage. Elcock can hold his own from what I've seen of him so good luck to him, I hope he does well.
Lastly Danny Williams takes on Oleg Platov for a European title in Switzerland. Not sure what shape he'll be in, but a fit DW is a match for anyone, evat at 35 or whatever he is. A DW gorging on 'cakes and biscuits' can expect to be stopped late on. Dunno which DW will turn up. I love the guy and hope he's in half-decent shape.

Should be a great evening of boxing!

Hope he wins
The fight guna be on the radio u reckon? I;m not able t watch it!!! Gutted!
Ricky's gonna win it, it doesn't matter how much better mayweather is, he's gonna do a rocky.
Also got the khan fight as an appetizer, an all round great evening of boxing.
Reply 418
well i thought its starting at 2/3ish, i think main event is on at 4, i would watch the manfredo lacy undercard and watch how manfredo kills lacy :biggrin:
Reply 419
Are they not showing dany williams fight anywhere? ... wanted to see it.

Latest