The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4680
You guys are still paying attention to Audley's fights.

Peak.
Original post by Aky786UK
How was Haroon Khan's pro debut?

Audley, Audley, Audley.

Was a solid debut, as expected.

The way Richard Keys was lashing out at Audley Harrison was hilarious.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Was a solid debut, as expected.

The way Richard Keys was lashing out at Audley Harrison was hilarious.

Considering Keys is from Talksport, I imagine it was non-stop excitment of Audley bashing not that Harrison ain't used to it. But anyone hear about Jason Cundy and Goldstein tearing into Haye's return needlessly and getting blatant facts wrong about boxing - clueless.

Looks like Khan fight will be early thanks to Ogogo's excellent KO.
Impressed with both haroon khan and ogogo, moreso with ogogo who showed excellent power and timing. I think ogogo can go far, he has alot of potential
Khan gets a big scare in the fourth - goes down but survives. He needs to wake up and focus more.
Reply 4685
Khan is making what should be a bread and butter fight for a 'world class' boxer into a massive mole hill.
Khan does not look world-class at all, he's struggling against a cherry picked fighter.
So unconvincing from Khan. He needs at least two more fights before he can even think about Garcia, or even Lamont Peterson. He should have moved up to 147 after his Judah fight. Sigh.
Wow - Khan makes his fights gripping - I'll give him that. I feared he was going to lose but credit to him, he hung on (literally) and got the in via points. Diaz did well, as a 33-year-old, to push him but big lesson for Khan and he needed that. He wouldn't have known anything about himself under Hunter had he won easily.
Reply 4689
Original post by Aky786UK
Wow - Khan makes his fights gripping - I'll give him that. I feared he was going to lose but credit to him, he hung on (literally) and got the in via points. Diaz did well, as a 33-year-old, to push him but big lesson for Khan and he needed that. He wouldn't have known anything about himself under Hunter had he won easily.

I can't remember how many times I have heard that. I'm starting to think a) he is never going to learn b) he wasn't as good as I thought he was at one point.
Original post by Idle
I can't remember how many times I have heard that. I'm starting to think a) he is never going to learn b) he wasn't as good as I thought he was at one point.

I do think he'll get dragged into a toe-to-toe if he comes up against Garcia or that sort of pressure fighter. Amir, at highest level, I fear, will just drop short against higher quality fighters.

I'd go for option a although he'll take few steps forward in a fight and within it take a few step back.
Like I said Khan can't change and it showed tonight. He may have pulled off a lucky win but on effective aggression and power shots he came 2nd best.
Khan has a champions heart no doubt. unfortunately it takes more than heart to be a champion. I'm starting to think amir will never learn regardless of his trainer. I'll tell you right here though, Amir has a decent chin, i think his defence and boxing demeanour is the problem
Now for a real great fighter - Sergio Martinez !
Judah-Garcia has the potential to be the best one out of this Spring boxing period we're in, imo.
To think Khan wasnt long thinking about Mayweather, I think his career is over, he just scraped the win against someone who he should have realistically wiped the floor with.
Would like to see Khan face Manuel Marquez & then Allakhverdiev now as he hasn't faced them yet. See if he can make the step up & then think about a rematch against like Garcia/Peterson. Think he might well move up to Welterweight soon though, & he really needs to step it up as he just hasn't convinced me so far that he's a top top boxer :yy:
Murray done well against martinez, i thought it was a close fight and had murray up by 1 round. We all knew he could only win by KO so he's just unlucky.
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Murray done well against martinez, i thought it was a close fight and had murray up by 1 round. We all knew he could only win by KO so he's just unlucky.

I thought Murray at least deserved a draw after that, great performance by him.
Judah/Garcia - excellent fight. Best fight of the night.

Judah boxed brilliantly towards the end, but Garcia was just too strong in the earlier rounds.

Latest