Boxing Watch

frankieboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Arturo Bandini)
Teeth together, lips open. I have a genetic problem with my nasal passages that means I struggle to breathe through my nose so I have to do this. It's still not as good as a normal person breathing through their nose though.
I imagine this also comes in useful after a few bops to the nose, if nose is full of blood/snot and not possible to breathe through it any more.
Fredo Santana
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tha Realest)
I'm also picking Mayweather by UD . I do expect Canelo to land a few good shots and possibly drop Mayweather once ; but I don't expect him to be consistent enough throughout .

116-112 for Mayweather
I expect Canelo to start strong but deplete in the second half of the fight. It's well known that he doesn't fight full rounds, and Floyd is a master of adapting, once he has him figured out fully then it's his fight.

Only way I see Canelo winning is if he really hurts Mayweather early and he doesn't recover, or knocks him out.
Fredo Santana
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Serenade)
Anyone watching Mayweather/Canelo all access?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it was the same old story for me, they say pretty boy never faced anyone like him, they're going to pressure him for 12 rounds .. it's his time to lose etc etc.

I don't think all access has much weight anymore since that story has been repeated so many times, I'm still watching; don't get me wrong!
mali167
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would love to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather. But I guess it'll never happen.
huricane katrina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mali167)
Would love to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather. But I guess it'll never happen.
hmm u never know,pacmans taking the tests so maybe...
huricane katrina
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by oh-my-diddy)
Very true, no way in hell does khan deserve a shot at kell brooks or devon alexanders title either but thats politics for you
kell brook is a nobody, he hasnt beat anyone...he wants khan not the other way

but still its a good British match up.. i would like to see kell brook(4th welterweight by ring magazine) get tested.If he went along with the Alexander fight you would see him OUTCLASSED,not on the same level
huricane katrina
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2451848

garcia and lucas fight needs a poll, so visit the link
oh-my-diddy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by huricane katrina)
kell brook is a nobody, he hasnt beat anyone...he wants khan not the other way

but still its a good British match up.. i would like to see kell brook(4th welterweight by ring magazine) get tested.If he went along with the Alexander fight you would see him OUTCLASSED,not on the same level
Regardless of whether he's good or not, he holds a belt and is champion. Therefore, you would ideally need to prove yourself in order to be able to fight a champion (thats usually how its suppose to work, but politics gets in the way these days). Khan, although has lost his belt, is still a big name in the UK so brook vs khan will generate significant interest.

I agree, kell brook is overrated, i too think alexander or any of the top contenders at 147 will beat him
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brook vs. Senchenko will be his first real test against a decent opponent, assessing how he does in that fight to see if he is worth the attention.

Although tbh, besides beating Hatton and losing his strap to Malignaggi I think it was, not a stronger opponent but would have been better than a fight with Mosley.
huricane katrina
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by oh-my-diddy)
Regardless of whether he's good or not, he holds a belt and is champion. Therefore, you would ideally need to prove yourself in order to be able to fight a champion (thats usually how its suppose to work, but politics gets in the way these days). Khan, although has lost his belt, is still a big name in the UK so brook vs khan will generate significant interest.

I agree, kell brook is overrated, i too think alexander or any of the top contenders at 147 will beat him
i just dont understand how hes ranked 4th pound for pound in his weight division :yikes:

btw like ur pic
oh-my-diddy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by huricane katrina)
i just dont understand how hes ranked 4th pound for pound in his weight division :yikes:

btw like ur pic
Lol the media loves to hype up anyone they can. Before Seth Mitchell got ktfo, he was ranked in the top 5. He's still ranked in the top 10 now it's hilarious. David price was also ridiculously hyped until he inevitably got exposed.

Lol safe brother
oh-my-diddy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thoughts on tonights fights?

Heres mine:

Arreola by 5th round KO: Mitchell is incredibly overrated, arreola is a proven test to anyone and you need to be extremely discipline to beat him which i think mitchell can't do.
Serenade
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1 week till Mayweather vs Alvarez and Garcia vs Mattyssee!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!
Fredo Santana
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any of you watch Ricky Burns last night?
The whole affair pissed me off so much, Beltran didn't deserve that.

Despicable decision, I can't believe the first judge had it 115-112!

I can't see Burns with the lights of Broner or Gamboa even without the injury.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didn't watch it but heard about it and caught some brief highlights on SSN but that's his second fight where he hasn't looked the best. Hearns saying he might move up in weight but yeah, Broner would beat him if that ever happened. Kudos to him for fighting through 10 rounds with a broken jaw, doesn't look pretty as it was a clean break. Ouch!
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Awful decision last night. Burns could have still held his head high having had his jaw clean broken. He did well to last the entire fight.

I'm looking very much forward to the PBF / Alvarez fight. Cannot wait. I real and proper fight. Expect ODLH/PBF version II.
Fredo Santana
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
I didn't watch it but heard about it and caught some brief highlights on SSN but that's his second fight where he hasn't looked the best. Hearns saying he might move up in weight but yeah, Broner would beat him if that ever happened. Kudos to him for fighting through 10 rounds with a broken jaw, doesn't look pretty as it was a clean break. Ouch!
Yeah he's got balls but nevertheless, Beltran should have walked away with that belt.

I can't see him holding it for long and if he moves up in weight it will just make a bad situation even worse.
Fredo Santana
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Né Stig)
Awful decision last night. Burns could have still held his head high having had his jaw clean broken. He did well to last the entire fight.

I'm looking very much forward to the PBF / Alvarez fight. Cannot wait. I real and proper fight. Expect ODLH/PBF version II.
Yeah my thoughts exactly!

Next week is gonna be mega, I'll have to make a trip down to the bookies as well.

Next 4 months got my balls tingling, so many good matches domestically and in America.
oh-my-diddy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Beltran won it, but i also think burns deserves 1 more chance to redeem himself. I heard he's got alot going on at the moment with him and his wife having their first child and stuff
oh-my-diddy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Next weekend of boxing will probably be the best in the entire year. I can't believe its only a week away!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (754)
80.3%
Leave (185)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise