Boxing Watch

Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Amir Khan ‏@AmirKingKhan 34m

No response from Mayweather or his team. Fights not happening. I should of taken the title fight last December against Alexander...

Amir Khan ‏@AmirKingKhan 33m

Very disrespected by his team. Wasted my time

Amir Khan ‏@AmirKingKhan 32m

Good luck to Maidana, against mayweather.

Lmao
Floyd's probably having a laugh at the way he's trolled Khan completely. I don't have any sympathy for Khan, despite being a fan of his because he's wasted a year of his career pinning his hopes on this one fight that his promoters should be damn embarrassed they couldn't pull off. Golden Boy and Mayweather have close links but latter does things his way.

Khan-Broner seems a very viable option on the under-card, a win over him might see him get Floyd in September so he still could get it.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Floyd's probably having a laugh at the way he's trolled Khan completely. I don't have any sympathy for Khan, despite being a fan of his because he's wasted a year of his career pinning his hopes on this one fight that his promoters should be damn embarrassed they couldn't pull off. Golden Boy and Mayweather have close links but latter does things his way.

Khan-Broner seems a very viable option on the under-card, a win over him might see him get Floyd in September so he still could get it.
Yeah, it's probably his best option as he'll almost certainly get Floyd in September if he beats Broner. Risky fight for Khan though; I think Broner has the edge if he trains properly for it.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Risky fight for Khan though; I think Broner has the edge if he trains properly for it.
Yup Khan's focus will be tested. He's been hoping for Floyd and now he doesn't. Broner's coming off a loss so will be keen to restore his reputation but won't be easy. Khan won't have fought for a year. I'd give Broner the slight edge atm.
frankieboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Khan has far superior footwork to Broner. However Broner is a far superior counter puncher. Interesting.
trrr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I reckon Mayweather will fight at 154 or at a catchweight next.
trrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone watching the Crawford-Burns fight?
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow, read Crawford beat Burns and beat him well? I'd heard he was undefeated and even rumours that he was the "next Mayweather" but I assume he fully deserved to win?
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does it make me a bad person if Broner is starting to grow on me?

Saw highlights of the Burns fight just now. Crawford looked pretty good. Nothing Mikey Garcia can't handle though.
Kutta
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Wow, read Crawford beat Burns and beat him well? I'd heard he was undefeated and even rumours that he was the "next Mayweather" but I assume he fully deserved to win?
Yep was a very one sided fight....

Dissapointed really, i was in the mood for a good one
oh-my-diddy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Burns just couldn't handle him for some reason, could be his age catching up to him.

I was also impressed with lomachenko. I think he can do big things in the divison, hes got good power, chin, toughness, skill and stamina
frankieboy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does it make me a bad person if Broner is starting to grow on me?
Only if you mispell it as "Boner" by mistake .

Am I the only one here who watched Chavez/Vera? What a fight that was.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by frankieboy)
Only if you mispell it as "Boner" by mistake .

Am I the only one here who watched Chavez/Vera? What a fight that was.
Can't believe how serious Jr looked on the night. I hope that the rumour Chavez-GGG has some substance. GGG should take it, even if he has to move up to 168. He really needs to get his name out there. More so as it seems Martinez won't fight him.
frankieboy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope that the rumour Chavez-GGG has some substance..
That would be great.
trrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The same GGG that is ducking Lara?
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trrr)
The same GGG that is ducking Lara?
So that adds Lara in with Mayweather, Canelo, Martinez, Cotto, Pacquiao, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Captain America, Thor, Thor's chick and so on, in the list of all people ducking Lara. Lara fanboys are the worst.

Lara calls out everyone, but the problem he has is that no one gives a **** about him.
trrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So that adds Lara in with Mayweather, Canelo, Martinez, Cotto, Pacquiao, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Captain America, Thor, Thor's chick and so on, in the list of all people ducking Lara. Lara fanboys are the worst.

Lara calls out everyone, but the problem he has is that no one gives a **** about him.
I'm not really a fan of Lara because his fights are boring, but Golovkin did say he would fight ANYBODY..
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trrr)
I'm not really a fan of Lara because his fights are boring, but Golovkin did say he would fight ANYBODY..
I honestly think Golovkin will happily take on all-comers. Promoter just trying to find the right fit.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hope Canelo silences the doubters tonight. I'll go for a Canelo win by KO in the 8th.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hope Canelo silences the doubters tonight. I'll go for a Canelo win by KO in the 8th.
Is it actually going to start at decent o'clock?
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 419)
Is it actually going to start at decent o'clock?
Probably around 4am. Two of the fights on the undercard have been cancelled I think. It is a PPV fight though so it's sort of more worth waking up to watch it, online.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1491)
79.6%
Leave (382)
20.4%

Watched Threads