Boxing Watch

Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Found another gem

So who do you guys will think will get the Floyd fight on Cinco De Mayo? Floyd may be pressurised into making it a big name if Canelo fights that same weekend against Cotto/Chavez Jr. Either of those guys with Canelo will draw a million PPV buys I reckon.
LOL - They could create a gif with all of Khan's jelly legs moments in his career..!

Surely it's Khan for Floyd - fits the criteria of a big name, conjure up interest in US/UK, and beatable and credible. Otherwise, wouldn't surprise me if we see Floyd vs. Maidana III! LOL
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
LOL - They could create a gif with all of Khan's jelly legs moments in his career..!

Surely it's Khan for Floyd - fits the criteria of a big name, conjure up interest in US/UK, and beatable and credible. Otherwise, wouldn't surprise me if we see Floyd vs. Maidana III! LOL
Is Khan credible though? Collazo win was good but he looked terrible against Julio Diaz and Carlos Molina is a bum. Needs a big W in December. Hopefully he goes for Guerrero or even Alexander, and not Josesito Lopez.
trrr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very disappointed to see Keith Thurman acting all friendly to Amir Khan, he should have been calling him out for a fight right there and then.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Is Khan credible though? Collazo win was good but he looked terrible against Julio Diaz and Carlos Molina is a bum. Needs a big W in December. Hopefully he goes for Guerrero or even Alexander, and not Josesito Lopez.
Out of all the credible - and realistic - opponents for Floyd, I'd say Khan is. Sure he looked poor in the two fights you mentioned but a solid win vs. Collazo and like you say, another good win vs. a Guerrero and Alexander then he's in there.

Saying that, I'd say Danny Garcia considering his unbeaten run, is more worthy of a big payday vs. Floyd. But imagine his style would be easy for Floyd but DG packs a punch so if he lands a strong shot..
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Groves beats Rebrasse on a unanimous decision. Was it just me or who didn't think it was as dominating as the scorecards were? GG was in control but at one point, thought he was going to gas out but luckily composed himself. He was intent, contrary to what he did in the Froch rematch, to start quickly. Loved how he wound up Froch in the post fight interview - gets him everytime.
oh-my-diddy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Groves beats Rebrasse on a unanimous decision. Was it just me or who didn't think it was as dominating as the scorecards were? GG was in control but at one point, thought he was going to gas out but luckily composed himself. He was intent, contrary to what he did in the Froch rematch, to start quickly. Loved how he wound up Froch in the post fight interview - gets him everytime.
I think that ko by froch has affected him long term. Also his trainer has changed for the worse by the looks of it
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by oh-my-diddy)
I think that ko by froch has affected him long term. Also his trainer has changed for the worse by the looks of it
I doubt it will affect him long-term besides apprehension if he comes up against a strong puncher. I love Paddy! Cool guy and less egoistic than Booth. Also, are rumours him and Haye have split up true?
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I too like Paddy Fitzpatrick.
Kay D
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So Hopkins vs Kovalev.
trrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Donaire vs Walters tonight, can't wait.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trrr)
Donaire vs Walters tonight, can't wait.
Primarily watching for the main event but will check this out too. Seems like a pick'em fight.
trrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Time for Donaire to retire.

Looks like Lomanchenko vs Walters is next, I've got Lomanchenko in that one.
trrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Khan vs Alexander in December, great fight.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A good fight and a credible name for Khan despite Alexander losing his undefeated streak. Decent preparation for a potential Floyd fight. If he boxes like he did vs. Collazo, should be a points victory.
Petapol
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Boxing clubs you can finde e.g. there:

http://www.sportcentral.com/en/venues/boxing/united-kingdom-GB2UD60V73
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
James DeGale vs. Periban, George Groves vs. Douglin, Anthony Joshua vs. Sprott, Callum Smith vs. Sjekloca, Jamie McDonnell vs. Ramos all on the undercard of Cleverly/Bellew.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Martin Murray fighting tomorrow. If he wins, he'll probably be the next to have a go at the monster that is GGG.
_Dreamville_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any news on Deontay Wilder? He seems like he could be the heavyweights saviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics4Life
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sparring for the first time tomorrow... hope everything goes well :3
frankieboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol @ Eubank Snr being told there's only one person allowed in the ring.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads