Boxing Watch

Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im sure if theres a rematch with ODLH, ODLH will win on points this time, imo he was the only one to ever exploit floyd in any shape or form in the fist 6 rounds. And its kinda obvious who'll win if hatton and ODLH go at it imo.
Artemidoros.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
see i ttold you hatton was overrated and overhyped, I feel bad for him though.
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hes not overhyped, everyone knew it was a big challenge for him, everyone knew he was the underdog.
wannabe_medic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
he was too dang confident..
Sephirona
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
stupid mayweather :argh:
rufnek2k6
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
anyone watch the Amir Khan fight? I blinked and missed it hehehe
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I dont see how Hatton can fight ODLH. He is even bigger than Mayweather and at an even higher weight. Ricky couldnt handle the weight and his stamina wasn't great. He was fighting a boxing master though.
Lennox Lewis said Hatton should think about retiring and I think he should consider it. There's not much at junior welter and a rematch with Mayweather is out of the question. The guy was simply too good and even out did Ricky on the inside game!
Clubber Lang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ricky wont be getting a rematch with mayweather anytime soon IMO.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't see what Hatton has left to do now. Lewis is right about retirement but Hatton could still fill Wembley.
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if mayweather fights it has to be OLDH or Cotto ... but i doubt he'll fight again.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Stayed up till 5am for the fight, it was a good fight. Hatton certainly had a decent start, first 2-3 rounds he was causing problems for Floyd by closing him down but besides the first round where he nearly knocked him down, he didnt cause Floyd too much damage.

Floyd was clever, abit underhand tactics by slowing Hatton down by hooking him under his arm and hugging, not allowing Hatton the chance to hit. Ref was awful, didnt allow Hatton his flow and ruined it at times.

But Mayweather showed his class, got the clean punches he needed and kept his cool. After the cut and the points deduction, by round 6, I had a feeling Mayweather would win it. I predicted it'd go to round 9, but Hatton took it round 10, proud of Hatton, dont think anyone can say bad about him.
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
FM outsmarted him to be honest, classic story of letting RH do all the atatck and get knackered - he defended very well and Hatton was just hitting FM's shoulders and back of head most of the time.

Ive just seen the SKY Sports version and they are not liking the referee at all.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What was funny to me was after the fight when FM and Cortez were hugging and smiling for the cameras and I bet FM was saying "Thanks Joe, expect my cheque to be in your account real soon baby!"
username138327
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ref was very poor. But it doesn't matter Mayweather is just too good. If only there was a Duran or Hagler at welterweight, it'd take him down a notch. Hatton boxed with his head in the first 4 or 5 rounds but round 6 was the killer. The points deduction and Mayweather waking up and Hatton getting angry meant it was always going to go one way. It was painful seeing him slowly get squeezed out of the fight just like de la hoya.

What happened to Graham Earl? That was an awful fight and Earl looks in a bad way. His punches just looked all wrong and he had no guard. What was his training team doing, he just didn't seem to have a clue. The interview made earl look as though his brains scrambled. I was surprised he went down so badly, he took some hugeeee punches off of Katsidis. I still don't think Amir khan's good enough, he has to prove himself. He needs to fight Thaxton. It'd be a good test and a big step up in quality. If he beats Thaxton then he can challenge for world titles.
S
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd like to see Floyd take on Mosley next (I'd prefer to see this match-up over Cotto), that would be a very exciting technical battle. Both have excellent handspeed, they'll both fight on the outside, and both have beaten ODLH. Think it would be similar to Floyd vs Zab, only difference is Shane has a very good chance of winning.
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Alot thought hatton had a good chance of winning. Tbh i think give ODLH a rematch, he'll win for sure. Wonder what Floyd senior thought of the fight, man he looks like the predator with his dreads lol.
S
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd definitely prefer to see Mayweather have a re-match with ODLH over Hatton, given those two choices.
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
apparently DLY was past his best against MW this year so after a year or 2 he will only be worse - and they are business aprtners now so they probably wotn have a rematch.
username138327
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What will Hatton do though? Stay at Welterweight where his punching power if less effective and has to take the big hits? or at Light-welter where he will keep struggling to keep at the weight limit. I'd like to see him box de la hoya but de la hoya is a light middleweight and I think he's just too big for hatton to fight against. I'd be nice to see though.
Samio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can't even tell ya how gutted I am for Ricky ... Was stood in the pub, well I had spaghetti legs but anyway, had to hold the tears back at the end when he said "Sorry ..." Proper filled up ... Can't believe it. Done us proud Ricky lad.

As for the next step, hopefully he'll come home and fight here. Floyd, I wouldn't mind if he retired. He has absolutely nothing at all to prove. He's fought the best and he's beat the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1380)
79.49%
Leave (356)
20.51%

Watched Threads