The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol at personal terms with Chavez Jr being agreed - so much *******s. Looks like Fast Car Eddie wrote the statement, no way would Froch call DeGale a 'great young fighter'.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lol at personal terms with Chavez Jr being agreed - so much *******s. Looks like Fast Car Eddie wrote the statement, no way would Froch call DeGale a 'great young fighter'.

Yeah, reeks of bull****, doesn't it? "Hope he wins it"...lol...
Original post by Mackay
Can't see it either. Think De Gale's logical next move is a rematch with Groves.

Doubt it. It makes no sense at the moment.

I think Dirrell is other contender for the title shot.
Gotta love Hopkins..

Tore into Froch for easy picking fight v Chavez over him and he's spot on. He's even tweeted Froch to say something along those lines. Really hope Hopkins lures Froch in because former said is so true. Froch doesn't want to face him because he knows, Hopkins can come back from a defeat and WIN. Fact he's happy to wait for Chavez Jnr says it all.
Golovkin vs Murray this weekend. Thoughts?

I've got GGG by KO!
Murray's got no pop. He's got heart though, hopefully he can stretch it. Corner stoppage after the 7th!
Seems to be a quiet rumbling of a Mayweather-Pacquiao announcement soon. Khan has pretty much said he won't be facing either and things seem to have been agreed and are awaiting an announcement from FM.
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Golovkin vs Murray this weekend. Thoughts?

I've got GGG by KO!

Agreed, even though Murray will make a fight of it.

Golovkin needs to face another particularly hard puncher to back him up. Which I don't think Murray is.
Reply 5988
So mayweather v pacquiao is official boys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umzz
So mayweather v pacquiao is official boys

Yeah, man. What's your take on it?
We ****ing made it.
Took long enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5992
Original post by frankieboy
Yeah, man. What's your take on it?

Floyd by UD or MD wbu?
Original post by umzz
Floyd by UD or MD wbu?

Yeah same, I have to say. I don't think Manny's got it in him anymore to beat Floyd, and as they age, Floyd's style ages less, if that makes sense.

Also Floyd seems way bigger, with a much longer reach.

Years ago, Manny would've pummelled him I think.
Original post by frankieboy
Yeah same, I have to say. I don't think Manny's got it in him anymore to beat Floyd, and as they age, Floyd's style ages less, if that makes sense.

Also Floyd seems way bigger, with a much longer reach.

Yep. That said, I think Floyd would have KOd him if they both fought in their primes.
I think floyd will try and make it as controversial as possible, maybe try and get manny to ko him while he's looking at the ref (get it?) so that they can muster up a rematch. Floyd is a business man.
SD either way for me. Biggest test of both of their careers and arguments can be made either way but im glad its finally happening.
Mayweather will win.

But it should have been a fight five years ago.
Could go either way. Not sure whether Pac has been 100% focused of late. If he properly gets sharp and inshape he's still got the weapons to get at Mayweather. Think he'll be the biggest variable in the fight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy there's boxing tonight to take my mind off the football. So pumped for GGG-Murray. I'm a believer of Murray, hope he makes a fight of it. He looked in great condition at the weigh-in. It's on Channel Five at 10pm btw.