Boxing Watch

oh-my-diddy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how much of a chance do you give kirkland? after first few rounds i think canelo takes it easily to a ud
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by oh-my-diddy)
how much of a chance do you give kirkland? after first few rounds i think canelo takes it easily to a ud
No idea. If the best version of Kirkland shows up, it should be a cracking fight.

Anyway, I reckon this was far and away the best thing to come out of fight week in Vegas:

Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
According to the Daily Mail: "George Groves could challenge world champion Badou Jack on undercard of Floyd Mayweather's final fight ."
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
According to the Daily Mail: "George Groves could challenge world champion Badou Jack on undercard of Floyd Mayweather's final fight ."
Love to see Froch's face if this happened considering how chuffed he was of his new "friend" Floyd.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Love to see Froch's face if this happened considering how chuffed he was of his new "friend" Floyd.
So embarrassing how Froch tried to impress him on Sky. Christ.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
So embarrassing how Froch tried to impress him on Sky. Christ.
Twitter was ripping into him for that interview with Mayweather and how he was harking on about Wembley, Nottingham, O2 arena, 80,000 people at Wembley, George Groves KO. Not necessarily in that order.

Best tweet was this.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Twitter was ripping into him for that interview with Mayweather and how he was harking on about Wembley, Nottingham, O2 arena, 80,000 people at Wembley, George Groves KO. Not necessarily in that order.

Best tweet was this.
Class. I really want Froch's brother to be knocked out.
Thomson2013
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's a damn shame that Groves will most likely never get a chance to face Froch again.
umzz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thomson2013)
It's a damn shame that Groves will most likely never get a chance to face Froch again.
Third time froch would definitely have the mental edge over him and it would constantly be on his mind not to get knocked out again. I think froch would win that too
Thomson2013
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by umzz)
Third time froch would definitely have the mental edge over him and it would constantly be on his mind not to get knocked out again. I think froch would win that too
I think Groves is always under the impression he can beat Froch so I don't see that as an issue really, both bouts in the past were extremely close the last time.

Someone needs to knock Froch a peg down and for some reason I still think Groves is the man to do it that still, I doubt very much Froch will allow them to fight again though, I think he's sick of Groves by now haha
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nah, don't see a third fight between Froch and Groves. Latter blew his chance in my opinion in the second fight. Felt he went defensive than going out aggressively to take Carl out

Posted from TSR Mobile
umzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What's the next big fight you want to see?
frankieboy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by umzz)
Canelo vs GGG.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thomson2013)
I think Groves is always under the impression he can beat Froch so I don't see that as an issue really, both bouts in the past were extremely close the last time.

Someone needs to knock Froch a peg down and for some reason I still think Groves is the man to do it that still, I doubt very much Froch will allow them to fight again though, I think he's sick of Groves by now haha
I really doubt Groves can do anything. Froch looked more comfortable throughout that last fight.

Especially, with someone like Froch, he tends to get better as fights progress as he works out the weaknesses of an opponent.
trrr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by umzz)
Between these:

Lomanchenko vs Walters
Rigondeaux vs Frampton
Tyson Fury vs Klitschko (lol, yh I know)
Stevenson vs Kovalev
trrr
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
James DeGale would probably beat Carl Froch.
umzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by frankieboy)
Canelo vs GGG.

(Original post by trrr)
Between these:

Lomanchenko vs Walters
Rigondeaux vs Frampton
Tyson Fury vs Klitschko (lol, yh I know)
Stevenson vs Kovalev
I think GGG will move up before canelo fights him and that's a good line up, I give Tyson a good chance to beat wlad
uer23
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The boxing scene here in the UK is a joke, quite biased if you ask me. Most people don't know **** about Boxing. Last week was a testament when SkySports was broadcasting the MayPac fight, I was praying they'd get Paulie into the commentary team. Do people here really think Khan needs to run to fight Brook because he holds an IBF belt ? (At Khans stage in his career he frankly doesn't give two ****s about that ****ty IBF title) Ffs, with he's joke of a record fighting bums like Jo Jo Dan and now Frankie Gavin the dude is the world title holder yet has been demanding this fight. Personally, I think Khan should just fight him because it will be both fighters biggest payday and something decent for the British fans to see as we rarely get to see big fights. But I sort of get Khans position too, Brook in no way deserves a fight like this. Khan would be doing him a favour by taking this fight.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
LOL at Brook for thinking Floyd will fight him because, wait for it, he has an IBF title for Mayweather, who has won numerous world titles, to win!

Tris Dixon, on Ringside, said Cotto is a possibility. Either at MW or Floyd getting him down to a catch weight. Brook was sat next to Dixon and the latter was good now to say Kell should fight him because he was sat next to him as alot of poor pundits do..
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Burns won it in my opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (904)
79.93%
Leave (227)
20.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed