Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Previously I would have favoured Khan over Brook. I'd have to go with Brook now. Brook at 100% beats this current unmotivated version of Khan.

I mean, he's made his money, he's got a kid, does a lot of charity work. I just don't think boxing interests him as much as it did say three years ago.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    This is the issue.

Khan has supposedly improved his defence with Hunter and become a better fighter (is in his best years).
    But he's not fighting enough for us to see how far he's actually progressed and on the other hand, Brook is fighting a bunch of nobody's.

If I was to call it, then Khan on points. Does Brook have it in him to face Khan head on and go for the knockout? Cant see it happening, after 1 decent fight in his career. Then again, can Khan handle it?

Guess this is what makes it an even more special fight.
    You've hit the nail on the head, mate. You've written down my exact thoughts. That's what makes boxing so exciting, in truth. Who'd have bet on Fury to beat Klitschko in Germany? Bar Kenan, obviously. Funny things happen inside the ring.

ReputationRep:
    Khan made a huge mistake not fighting again this year and at this rate it looks very unlikely he'll fight again until Spring.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Haye vs. Mark de Mori is in less than 2 weeks. That's come around quick!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Deontay Wilder and Artur Szpilka is on Sky next weekend!

ReputationRep:
    David Haye's big comeback fight against Mark De Mori is to be shown on Dave.....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The home of witty banter.

ReputationRep:
    Haye wins in the first round over De Mori. Joshua next? Unlikely but maybe end of the year, possibly.

ReputationRep:
    What are your guys top 3 heavyweights right now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Dreamville_)
    What are your guys top 3 heavyweights right now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tyson, Wlad and either Povetkin or Ortiz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Tyson, Wlad and either Povetkin or Ortiz.
    You think Tyson would beat Haye/Wilder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You think Tyson would beat Haye/Wilder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Those two would only have a puncher's chance against Tyson IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Those two would only have a puncher's chance against Tyson IMO.
    I really believe Wilder could beat Fury. More power, more skill, just a more polished fighter overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wilder is learning each and every fight he has, that much is clear, but last night's confrontation with Fury is glossing over an exceptionally poor performance from him.

ReputationRep:
    I really believe Wilder could beat Fury. More power, more skill, just a more polished fighter overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's just a pumped up basketball player. Fury has been fighting his whole life.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wilder struggled last night - more than I expected him to. First time he'd faced a southpaw since Harrison, though, admittedly.

ReputationRep:
    LOL apparently Fury had a confrontation against Nottingham big man Froch but the latter ran off/hid behind security but another reason to like Tyson Fury!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    LOL apparently Fury had a confrontation against Nottingham big man Froch but the latter ran off/hid behind security but another reason to like Tyson Fury!
    Link? Thought they got on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Link? Thought they got on?
    All on Twitter. I don't think they've massively got on tbh - Froch mentioned after Fury's title win of how they trained once but wouldn't put it past Froch to say something that ticked off Tyson and Carl ran for the hills!

ReputationRep:
    Froch apparently told him he's representing British boxing and he shouldn't act how he did. Regardless, Fury would have no problem with Wilder imo.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 16, 2019
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.