Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Khan may be unwilling to walk into a big and dangerous bout after a knockout like last night, to be honest.

He'll take a long break, bear a bum in a warm-up and try to build hype/confidence before a Garcia match.

It's either Garcia or Brook - and Khan seems unwilling for the latter, whether it's because he doesn't want to fight in the UK or something, I don't know.

He may be unwilling to give Brook the payday, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Who really cares who Khan fights next, he's finished.

More importantly, Canelo better fight Tripple G this year
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Who really cares who Khan fights next, he's finished.

More importantly, Canelo better fight Tripple G this year
    Canelo and GGG will happen now. It has to.

ReputationRep:
    WBC have confirmed that he'll be stripped off his title unless he grows a pair.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    De la Hoya says the only negotiation for Canelo on the table right now is GGG.

ReputationRep:
    Khan saying Brook will never happen. Saying he's not a big enough draw. Either he's talking him down for the negotiations or he's running.

ReputationRep:
    What's funny is Hearn/Brook voicing their 'concern' about Khan's health after another KO then adding but 'of course, if he faced Kell, then Kell would KO him also' so the concerns about Amir's health comes across pretty insincere don't they? If Khan wanted the fight tomorrow, Matchroom would still run to make it happen. I think there's lot of needle between the two sides and that's probably why Khan isn't keen on doing a fight with Brook but tbh, facing him soon might be a good thing before the latter goes onto face the quality of opponents Khan has been demanding that Kell face.

ReputationRep:
    Brook said he punches as hard as Canelo.

Actually done.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Khan saying Brook will never happen. Saying he's not a big enough draw. Either he's talking him down for the negotiations or he's running.
    It won't happen - and that's such a shame.

Khan doesn't think he's a big enough draw, but I think that's ridiculous. They could sell out stadiums in England in summer time.

I think it's more likely Khan doesn't want to give Brook a pay day, and an opportunity to run his mouth.

I think we'll see Khan have a lengthy break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I think it's more likely Khan doesn't want to give Brook a pay day, and an opportunity to run his mouth.
    I genuinely think it might be deeper than that. Khan and Brook don't get on, but losing out on millions just to deny someone else millions? Khan is rich but not that rich. £10m+ is still going to alter his quality of life in retirement. Dunno which airport it is he was interviewed in but its clearly a public airport so I don't think he even flew back to the UK via private jet. He's not ballin like Floyd.

If he does pass it up, I think it might be because he's genuinely worried he might get beaten. Legacy wise losing to another Brit would be devastating. As Aky says if Brook fights and beats someone like Vargas he'll be getting fights against precisely the people Khan says he's interested in going up against, especially as the fight is billed to be in the US.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I genuinely think it might be deeper than that. Khan and Brook don't get on, but losing out on millions just to deny someone else millions? Khan is rich but not that rich. £10m+ is still going to alter his quality of life in retirement. Dunno which airport it is he was interviewed in but its clearly a public airport so I don't think he even flew back to the UK via private jet. He's not ballin like Floyd.

If he does pass it up, I think it might be because he's genuinely worried he might get beaten. Legacy wise losing to another Brit would be devastating. As Aky says if Brook fights and beats someone like Vargas he'll be getting fights against precisely the people Khan says he's interested in going up against, especially as the fight is billed to be in the US.
    Oh, he's certainly worried he'll get beaten. I also think he probably expects a British crowd to back Brook, to be honest.

And he might be right.

Brook isn't particularly likeable, but Khan hasn't been embraced by the UK public - maybe because of his over reliance on Vegas, rather than domestic, bouts.

ReputationRep:
    Brook isn't particularly likeable, but Khan hasn't been embraced by the UK public - maybe because of his over reliance on Vegas, rather than domestic, bouts.
    Yeah, saw a lot of comments saying its becuase he is a Muslim and if he wasn't a Muslim he'd be adored. Its ******** imo, he was loved when he was an olympian, and I don't see Mo Farah's faith affecting his popularity. I think its the way he's gone about things in the last few years. Plus obviously the glass chin accusations. Brits can love a hopeless warrior, but a delicate technician not so much. Think we are a nation which admires heart more than skill.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah, saw a lot of comments saying its becuase he is a Muslim and if he wasn't a Muslim he'd be adored. Its ******** imo, he was loved when he was an olympian, and I don't see Mo Farah's faith affecting his popularity. I think its the way he's gone about things in the last few years. Plus obviously the glass chin accusations. Brits can love a hopeless warrior, but a delicate technician not so much. Think we are a nation which admires heart more than skill.
    Yeah, I don't agree with that. At one time, he had a reputation akin to AJ's current standing.

I think what has undermined that one-time popularity is his move away from the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't agree with that. At one time, he had a reputation akin to AJ's current standing.

I think what has undermined that one-time popularity is his move away from the UK.
    Nah its the constant BS that comes out of his mouth

"Floyd is scared etc".
    He got beat by guys like Garcia and instead of trying to overturn his losses to solidify his position he just kept on sprouting out BS which led to a lot of fans being done with him.

ReputationRep:
    Khan can keep losing but the Brook fight will always be there for him. It's basically his last resort, and will be one of last fights.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Khan can keep losing but the Brook fight will always be there for him. It's basically his last resort, and will be one of last fights.
    I just don't see it happening.

ReputationRep:
    KK does have a point - Khan might be delaying fighting Brook until it's close to one or his last fight so if he wins he can go off into retirement with the bragging rights and millions and if he loses, he can happily stroll off the scene as well without carrying on. If he faced Brook now and lost, it'd be very difficult climate to carry on. We've seen how hard it was for Groves post-Wembley.

Still love the salt from Matchroom/Brook/Hearn over Khan not running to them for a fight like they thought he would post Canelo.. shows how much they are engrossed in Khan yet I don't think they've even announced Brook's opponent yet.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Roach been approached by McGregor's camp apparently.
    **** be going down.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hearn already hyping Benn vs Eubank Jr FFS

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.