Boxing Watch

Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think the issue for Khan domestically is the fact he hasn't paid his dues here. He's spent his career over the pond.
_Dreamville_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Khan simply thinks he's better and worth more than he actually is. That's been his biggest downfall I feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How badly promoted has this Canelo and Smith fight been so far?
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
How badly promoted has this Canelo and Smith fight been so far?
Don't think its anything to do with promotion really. The fans are fed up of his constant antics regarding a fight with GGG. Been going on for too long.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Don't think its anything to do with promotion really. The fans are fed up of his constant antics regarding a fight with GGG. Been going on for too long.
Agree - but the promotion seems amateurish from what I've seen.

Smith vs Groves needs to happen.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Agree - but the promotion seems amateurish from what I've seen.

Smith vs Groves needs to happen.
Dont think they'll throw Smith into the deep end yet. Potential to be the best out of all of them so he'll be kept waiting.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Dont think they'll throw Smith into the deep end yet. Potential to be the best out of all of them so he'll be kept waiting.
Good call, but I just want that fight to happen so much. I guess all eyes for me are on Frampton now. Not much else happening in the boxing world in the next few weeks.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nice to see Amir Khan keeping his fighting ambitions realistic and not throwing his hat into the ring (or should that be the Octagon?) to face Conor McGregor in the UFC...

Honestly, I'm a fan of his but he's really showing himself up with the lack of a plan for his career. He's got some involvement in a MMA league in Dubai (non-competitive) but this is laughable after a KO in his last fight.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really dislike Eddie Hearn, but he's right, a defeat doesn't undermine Brook. Spence will be his mandatory, and he's plenty of options if (more like when) he loses to GGG. I think Brook will be a better fighter up the weights, so he's even got options in middle and light middle, as well as welter.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really dislike Eddie Hearn, but he's right, a defeat doesn't undermine Brook. Spence will be his mandatory, and he's plenty of options if (more like when) he loses to GGG. I think Brook will be a better fighter up the weights, so he's even got options in middle and light middle, as well as welter.
Good point but K&K alluded to the fact that he is fighting a beast (at a weight he's never done before) who could do some serious damage to Brook. What's to say he won't recover fully from it. First time he's stepping up on the big stage too (no one really rates Porter right).
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't see how potentially losing his unbeaten record helps Brook for a fight going up in weight, taken at short notice. If he loses to a guy in his weight class, in a big fight then fair enough but seems a waste to me if if loses as expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I still think Brook will struggle to get the big fights at 147, even after his fight with GGG.*

Crawford was brilliant last night.*
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Crawford vs Pacman will be good.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Got to love GGG. Humble fighter and always smiling.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Man like Frampton.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Khan can't stand it when he's irrelevant.
Just stfu.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A debate on the Toe to Toe podcast on Sky Sports this week centred around what would happen - hypothetically - if Khan faced Garcia again. Can only see that ending the same way, to be honest.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Khan's worried hence he's talking up Garcia and even Brook. He's revealed he's been boxing with a broken hand for the last 13 years which is incredibly impressive but luckily he was never a big puncher, so not needed that KO power.

Also, just me that sees Brook look bit chunky in between fights? You can see from his face between now and fight time when he's leaner..
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Trying to find a decent boxing podcast - I only listen to Toe2Toe at the minute. Any recommendations?
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Trying to find a decent boxing podcast - I only listen to Toe2Toe at the minute. Any recommendations?
Thaboxingvoice has turned to **** recently

Boxing Coalition?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1617)
79.19%
Leave (425)
20.81%

Watched Threads