Boxing Watch

Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lomachenko is such a slick fighter. Arguably the best technical fighter in the world at the moment.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It will be a short fight for sure but the built-up should be entertaining without doubt. The jibes and taunts from either side are hardly going to be nuanced and throughout but should be fun. Let's hope Haye doesn't pull out this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
It will be a short fight for sure but the built-up should be entertaining without doubt. The jibes and taunts from either side are hardly going to be nuanced and throughout but should be fun. Let's hope Haye doesn't pull out this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just screams of greed from all parties. There's a good two stone between them - despite Bellew having power for a cruiserweight. The first decent punch which lands on him from Haye will send him down. I can't see it going past a few rounds, personally.

Clearly, Bellew is happy to take the fight because he's never really had a "huge" fight with a massive payday, and his night at Goodison likely won't be bettered.

But this probably takes Haye out of AJ/Wilder contention, seeing as though he won't be able to make that fight without fighting some decent heavyweights first.
Gnatt27
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ha ha ppv what a joke lmao. Let me tell you this I can guarantee that all the "beef" is completely fake and it's no coincidence that it has come out of the blue. Clearly Below and Hearn know that as soon as they fight their mandatory Breidis it will be the end of his reign. So what do they do? Get Bellew one more payday before the end. I have a feeling haye will be told to carry Bellew for at least 6 rounds because believe me Haye ends this crap fest of a fight whenever he wants to. Oh and Haye yh what happened to you fighting on December 10 like you said a month ago. And what happened to the fight you promised Briggs. What a pos Haye is 2 fights in a year against the worst bums ever. Rant over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gnatt27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah I won't watch fight or build up. Might as well watch WWE. And to the clowns that will actually buy the ppv God bless you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have to say, Haye digging out Eddie Hearn was the best part of the "press conference".

Good to see Haye responding to Bellew's tone exactly the same rather than the Fury-Haye press conference where he was restrained and trying distinguish himself from Fury's brashness. Not going to be nuanced build up this but will be fun, in a sort of pub fight way.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Conor McGregor granted a boxing licence...
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't see that as anything other than a move designed to get UFC to pay him more and rightly so, considering the revenue they make. Mayweather v McGregor is a fantasy IMO. Doesn't harm either men (one in retirement and the other in a wrangle with his company) to be floating this idea around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fizzel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Such an easy move. He's effectively putting himself on par with fightings biggest money man, and all he has to do was talk about a fight that is never going to happen, and apply for a boxing licence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LV Her Husband
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haye was a prick before (when he said his win over Audley Harrison would be like a "gang rape", when he glassed Chisora and was a general arrogant thug), then became more likeable after he retired working for Sky and coming across calmer, but now he thinks he's world-level again he's back to being a prick.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haye's always been a **** of the highest order, and will always be remembered for bottling it against Wlad
douglas merritte
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fast Eddie should rename the brand - Mismatchroom. Lopsided cards as standard.
LV Her Husband
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by douglas merritte)
Fast Eddie should rename the brand - Mismatchroom. Lopsided cards as standard.
Was AJ-Martin a mismatch (at the time)? Is Whyte-Chisora a mismatch? Come back after the Molina fight when the AJ-Wlad fight is announced - is that a mismatch too?

Also, BoxNation's cards are any better? Not sure why Eddie's cards get so much stick but Warren's cards (and just about everything else about his shows) are literally embarrassing.
Gnatt27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LV Her Husband)
Was AJ-Martin a mismatch (at the time)? Is Whyte-Chisora a mismatch? Come back after the Molina fight when the AJ-Wlad fight is announced - is that a mismatch too?

Also, BoxNation's cards are any better? Not sure why Eddie's cards get so much stick but Warren's cards (and just about everything else about his shows) are literally embarrassing.
I actually think its a decent card but the main event is too crap so I won't be buying it. Chisora-Whtye, Burton-Buglioni Yafai-conception all good fights. Shame Eddie ruins what could have been a great card with Quigg, Ortiz and Callum Smith fighting bums...
Gnatt27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sky just picked up a great card in Russia with Lebedev- Gassiev the main event. Who will be watching and what are your predictions for the fight?
LV Her Husband
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gnatt27)
I actually think its a decent card but the main event is too crap so I won't be buying it. Chisora-Whtye, Burton-Buglioni Yafai-conception all good fights. Shame Eddie ruins what could have been a great card with Quigg, Ortiz and Callum Smith fighting bums...
Who would you have wanted AJ to fight? Molina is ranked 10th (on BoxRec), who above him would you have wanted him to fight next week instead? He took Wilder 9 rounds (iirc), coming off a good win in Poland, wasn't their first option (or their second, or third...) and the fact is no better fight could be made.

Quigg coming back from an injury and loss so can't really expect him to get straight back in in a genuine 50/50, Ortiz only had 2 weeks since he fought Scott so again limited options. Smith's opponent is disappointing but it's pretty harsh to slate the card for not having a full house of 50/50s.
Gnatt27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Who would you have wanted AJ to fight? Molina is ranked 10th (on BoxRec), who above him would you have wanted him to fight next week instead? He took Wilder 9 rounds (iirc), coming off a good win in Poland, wasn't their first option (or their second, or third...) and the fact is no better fight could be made.

Quigg coming back from an injury and loss so can't really expect him to get straight back in in a genuine 50/50, Ortiz only had 2 weeks since he fought Scott so again limited options. Smith's opponent is disappointing but it's pretty harsh to slate the card for not having a full house of 50/50s.
Katie Taylor in a mismatch as well but you get my point. I just feel that if I'm going to fork out near 20 pounds for a night of boxing I want at least 75 per cent to be competitive. Why can't Ortiz Quigg Smith fight their bums on non ppv cards? why do they have to fill up so much of this ppv card? Who exactly wants to see Ortiz beat up a Southern area level opponent, I would much rather that not happen and he fight someone decent in the new year. There were plenty of options for AJ-Duhapas, Haye , Takam , Parker etc. And yes I know that they are all in fights now but Hearn showed no interest in fighting these danger men at all before they all got fights. Oh and come on, your'e not seriously telling me the Wlad fight was going to happen. It was all a scheme to get hype for Joshua
LV Her Husband
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gnatt27)
Katie Taylor in a mismatch as well but you get my point.
It's her second pro fight, not everyone is a Lomachenko to be fighting for a world title in their second fight lol.

I just feel that if I'm going to fork out near 20 pounds for a night of boxing I want at least 75 per cent to be competitive. Why can't Ortiz Quigg Smith fight their bums on non ppv cards? why do they have to fill up so much of this ppv card? Who exactly wants to see Ortiz beat up a Southern area level opponent, I would much rather that not happen and he fight someone decent in the new year.
Clearly you disagree, but for me, I haven't seen much of Ortiz so to add him to the card is a positive. If I'm paying £17 for a card I'd rather see these fighters on it than not? I get the point about saving them for bigger fights, but (regarding Ortiz) it also makes sense to build a fighter's profile before you put them in the big fights.

There were plenty of options for AJ-Duhapas, Haye , Takam , Parker etc. And yes I know that they are all in fights now but Hearn showed no interest in fighting these danger men at all before they all got fights. Oh and come on, your'e not seriously telling me the Wlad fight was going to happen. It was all a scheme to get hype for Joshua
They wanted Parker to fight Price on AJ's undercard to build the AJ fight, but Parker decided to go down the WBO route against Ruiz Jr (which makes perfect sense as that's a much easier fight for him than AJ). Regardless, if Parker really wants AJ I'm sure there could be a unification down the line (assuming he beats Ruiz).

I'm not so sure about Haye, he kind of bottled it against Briggs, then there was the whole WBA ****-up where I think Haye was waiting to see who he was fighting. I don't really have much of a preference between Duhaupas and Molina, think they're pretty equal fighters.

You're completely wrong about the Wlad fight, he got injured so he couldn't fight on Dec 10th, that's why AJ had to settle with Molina in the end (the prolonged negotiations are also why the fight date shifted from Nov 26th to Dec 10th - to give them more time to promote the fight if it was made). You genuinely don't believe AJ will fight Wlad in early 2017? Unless Wlad bottles it, I'm 100% sure that fight will be announced shortly after Dec 10th. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
douglas merritte
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Martin was a mismatch with a dogsh*t card. Come off it mate, that was awful, no way was that PPV-worthy.

Chisora is shot.

A Wlad fight... I'll believe it when I see it

Prefer Boxnation, seems more honest somehow (an honest promoter, ha!) and kinder to the grass-roots. Eddie's Sky deal is bad for boxing, it's a hype-machine. Take Bellew-Haye, for example, it's more akin to WWE than anything else. Shocking matchup.
LV Her Husband
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by douglas merritte)
Martin was a mismatch with a dogsh*t card. Come off it mate, that was awful, no way was that PPV-worthy.
Hence I said "at the time" - at the time it was AJ's 16th professional fight against a hard-hitting, awkward south-paw with loads of fights under his belt, and who had just won the world title. Obviously it wasn't until the fight started that we realised it was a mismatch because AJ was in a different league to Martin, and not vice versa.

The simple fact is a fight/card is PPV-worthy if people are willing to pay for it, so every AJ fight is PPV-worthy because people want to see him fight because he's exciting and explosive unlike heavyweights like Tyson Fury (when he's not doing coke).

A Wlad fight... I'll believe it when I see it
As I said above, unless Wlad bottles it it'll be announced shortly after the Molina fight. See you then.

Prefer Boxnation, seems more honest somehow (an honest promoter, ha!) and kinder to the grass-roots. Eddie's Sky deal is bad for boxing, it's a hype-machine. Take Bellew-Haye, for example, it's more akin to WWE than anything else. Shocking matchup.
Yeah, Boxnation don't pretend to be any good so at least they're honest in that way. It is most definitely not bad for boxing, and now box nation have a deal with BT that should give us some great fights in the future.

On that I agree - Haye/Bellew is a shocking match up, but it's a fight many people want to see apparently, although it doesn't do anything for either of their careers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.61%
Leave (374)
20.39%

Watched Threads