Boxing Watch

Palmyra
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
because someone else said it makes it right?

second comment on that: "how can he be 107% of income?"

the answer: he can't :lol:

PS. 1.19-1.28 (from Nov 2015):

> Reporter: "if the WBC ask you to either fight Golovkin next or give up the belt, what do you do?"

> Canelo: "I'm ready."

> 6 months after that, WBC order the GGG-Canelo fight and Canelo vacates his belt.

Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Eddie Hearn has said Brook will fight in May, and they'll determine the opponent within the next few weeks. Eddie wants Brook to move up to 154 if they can't get the Khan fight, but I'm not sure who they'd fight at 154 if they do that. If it's not Khan or Spence next I'll be very disappointed in Brook, and I'm a big fan of his.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jack and Degale both looking good at the weigh-in.
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone watching?

Had never heard of Gervonta Davis, but what a performance from him that was. The youngest world champion in boxing (22).
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
Anyone watching?

Had never heard of Gervonta Davis, but what a performance from him that was. The youngest world champion in boxing (22).
Yeah kid looked sharp
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jack down in round 1!

Round 1 10-8.
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
these rounds are so hard to score, Jack with the bigger/cleaner shots, but DG with the combinations is landing more punches but soft punches

Jack is definitely growing into this...
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
LOL

Ref showing he's got a chin on him :rofl:
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
WOW DeGale dropped in the last round... But just about survives.

I have it 114-114 after that 10-8 last round to Jack...

That's so harsh on DeGale if he loses it because of that knock down in the final round...
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
114-112 (to DG)
113-113
113-113

Majority draw. Fair decision.
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
DeGale really classy at the end, Jack pretty moody.

Then Floyd comes in and acts like Jack got robbed... DeGale says he wants the rematch straight away, Jack says he wants it at light heavyweight... Lol.
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
DeGale has lost like 3/4 of his front teeth... Sheeiiiii.

Burst his ear drum too.

Deserves at least a draw just for that tbh, what a warrior.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Better fight than I expected, correct decision too.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This was DeGale's fight to win or lose. Jack is a bits and pieces fighter, doing a lot well, but nothing brilliantly.

But DeGale's strengths - rounds one to four - were on full display alongside his weaknesses. He is a woefully inconsistent fighter: looking unbeatable one minute, a chump the next.

Rematch needs to happen.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
This was DeGale's fight to win or lose. Jack is a bits and pieces fighter, doing a lot well, but nothing brilliantly.

But DeGale's strengths - rounds one to four - were on full display alongside his weaknesses. He is a woefully inconsistent fighter: looking unbeatable one minute, a chump the next.

Rematch needs to happen.
Nah you're underselling Jack there. Just look at their faces at the end of the fight. While Degale may look flashy, he was throwing a lot of arm punches (bit like Timothy Bradley). When Jack was landing, they were proper punches.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Nah you're underselling Jack there. Just look at their faces at the end of the fight. While Degale may look flashy, he was throwing a lot of arm punches (bit like Timothy Bradley). When Jack was landing, they were proper punches.
To be fair, I think you're right. What I'm saying is, though, is that DeGale shouldn't have allowed that to become the case. Jack shouldn't have been landing. DeGale should have wrapped it up in the first six after that good start, and the fact he didn't just comes down to his flaws: he's inconsistent, often in the same round.

That's why I think, if we ever see DeGale vs Groves, the latter would win. Again. DeGale would lose his head.
Gnatt27
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Was I watching a different fight? Badou Jack won that wide. De gale threw so many flash combos which just landed on jack's gloves and arms. Jack with the more effective cleaner shots and clearly hurt De gale. Robbery !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gnatt27
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's his own fault for spitting out his gumshield though. Guess his tactics backfired ha ha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A rematch between Jack/DeGale isn't a given. Jack notoriously struggles to make weight, and wants to go to light heavy, and DeGale won't step up. That means a catchweight fight is more likely, but I doubt either fighter has that on the top of their list of priorities.

To complicate matters further, DeGale wants to fight in London. Will Jack want to?

Another option is Callum Smith, undefeated in 22, and the WBC’s mandatory challenger. Should Jack vacate the WBC title and climb to light heavyweight, then Smith will likely fight Anthony Dirrell for the vacant belt.

And, of course, you have Groves: currently in negotiations to fight Fedor Chudinov for the vacant WBA title.
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone get AJ tickets today?

I had the page up since 11.30am, was somehow 10,000th in the queue and by the time it was my turn there were only £40/£60 tickets left so I didn't bother.

28k tickets were available, I guess if each person before me got 2-3 tickets then being 10,000th means feeding off
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (33)
16.75%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (83)
42.13%
Nope, not that interesting (81)
41.12%

Watched Threads