The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haven't seen any of the highlights yet, but it's a shame Woods couldn't beat an aging Tarver. As for Cotto, what on earth is he doing fighting Alfonso Gomez??? The guy is, as you rightly say, a bum...he's a popular bum so this was probably just a stop-gap for the Margarito fight, and Gomez happened to be available.
Reply 741
A crap tune-up fight if you will... he needs to face floyd... just needs to. Cant wait to see golden boy and clazaghe v bhop next week, its like 2 main events in one night.
Cotto looked very good but as you've correctly pointed out gomez is a bum, a brave one at that though. He just toyed with him like it was a sparring match towards the end.

Margarito looked pretty good as well, I've never seen him box before but I was very impressed and what a chin he has indeed.

The wood fight was really disappointing. Woods just didn't look right. He looked a bit sluggish and weak and not his usual all-action self. Tarver just controlled the tempo in most of the rounds (the rounds he didn't he lost). Tarver just outpointed woods and didn't really go for it to be honest just keeping as much as he could in the comfort zone (I didn't see the last 2 rounds, I gave up as it was so frustrating). There is repeats on setanta at 10.
P4P boxing :"no one should have to take 60 cotto punches in one round" damn. I don't think maywhether will take the risk, cotto's good enough to beat him, but a huge payday against de la hoya (a part time fighter) at the end of the year, and maybe he'll punish Hatton next year again at wembley stadium, he isn't going to risk giving up his 0
Reply 744
kam_007
P4P boxing :"no one should have to take 60 cotto punches in one round" damn. I don't think maywhether will take the risk, cotto's good enough to beat him, but a huge payday against de la hoya (a part time fighter) at the end of the year, and maybe he'll punish Hatton next year again at wembley stadium, he isn't going to risk giving up his 0

tbh, i think floyd will be pressured to take the fight, maybe as his last ever super fight, or he'll just look like a pussy. Money wont bring him the pride of not facing cotto.

Guess whose back? FRAUDLEY HARRISON haha, hes fighting some bum on the calzaghe hopkins undercard, now i have to watch 3 mathces (ODLH v Forbes, Fraudley for fun and obviously the main event).
Somebody told me fraudley was back and that he was on inside sport? I missed it, I was just going to watch it and laugh at the screen.

In other news WBO have ordered nate campbell and casamayor to fight each other.
Reply 746
Hes under frank warren now, so thats where i heard it from.

Thats good, Khan can have another 'eliminator' and face the winner.
Reply 747
Is Fraudley fighting a guy called Jason Barnett?

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=766953

The forum members over there are giving him tips on how to beat Fraudley, haha
Reply 748
Yeah he was meant to fight 'Ed Perry', but now hes fighting Jason
Essence™
Is Fraudley fighting a guy called Jason Barnett?

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=766953

The forum members over there are giving him tips on how to beat Fraudley, haha

:rofl:

Audrey will never make it big. He can't throw a meaningful punch, and generally lacks the hunger. Barnett should just go for him early on and see what happens.
Reply 750
Barnett with all due respect doesn't seem WOW to me, and guy didn't have much notice before the fight.
Yeah he's a bum. But bums seem to have Audrey's card marked. Domenic Negus, a professional bouncer, took him all the way a couple of years ago...was pretty hilarious.
Reply 752
hahahahaha
Reply 753
I don't know if he still does it but sometimes Audley looks scared to get hit, almost as if he flinches when a big shot comes in. One thing I like about him though is his right cross.
Reply 754
Whenever I think of Audley/Audrey i just remember the ridiculous shorts he wears. They must be among the largest pieces of clothing ever produced, including novelty clown shorts, world record attempts etc. Only rivalled by Danny Williams who basically wears genie trousers.
Reply 755
Danny wears them for religious reasons. Fraudley propbably wears them because hes a lanky basterd.
I've put a tenner on Hopkins to stop him in round 10....you know it makes sense.

Joe's gonna get moidered.
Not beyond the realms. But Joe will have him late on I reckon, probably by points, maybe a late stoppage. B'Hop ain't as good as he once was, Taylor showed that last year.
What's the return?

I think Joe will win on points, but not a bad thing to bet on given reasonable odds....
<CJ>
What's the return?

50-1 :biggrin:

Latest