• TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Synergetic)
50-1
Bloody hell :eek:

Best of luck I just hope it's a good fight.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Does anybody know what time the Calzaghe vs. Hopkins fight is scheduled to start? Undecided as to stay up and watch it or catch the replays. Get the feeling Ill miss it live and it'll turn out to be a good fight.
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Scheduled to start at 4am last time I checked. They're generally late though, so could be anytime after that I expect.

I'm kinda in the same dilemma >.<
Overmars
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
Bloody hell :eek:

Best of luck I just hope it's a good fight.
Fanx.
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
Scheduled to start at 4am last time I checked. They're generally late though, so could be anytime after that I expect.

I'm kinda in the same dilemma >.<
Yeah same, but i know im watching it live, just don't know which ones. I want to catch cleverly,fraudley,delahoya and the main event ofc.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Does anybody know what time the Calzaghe vs. Hopkins fight is scheduled to start? Undecided as to stay up and watch it or catch the replays. Get the feeling Ill miss it live and it'll turn out to be a good fight.
Nice one - another all nighter in the pub
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its 4am but will probably linger to 4.30ish
anelka9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i hope calzaghe knocks the racist idiot out
Laevis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anelka9)
i hope calzaghe knocks the racist idiot out
He said something like "I'll never lose to a white man" didn't he?
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A lot of the pre-fight build up is to drum up interest or psyche out the opposition. Any thing goes really. Tyson notoriously made the 'i'll eat your kids comment'...lots of boxers use the media as a weapon they're frightened/apprehensive. B'Hop is one crazy mofo, but I don't know about racist. Only yesterday he was ****ging of Joe's dad, Enzo.
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its mind games... I wonder what will go on in the weigh-in. Tyson was known to get bums on seats using all his crazy antics, it worked.
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYrj-oSjiQU

Calzaghes only loss (towards the end)
S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I need to get some sleep for the late night drinking tomorrow - beer and boxing, what more could you ask for?

I really see no danger of Joe being knocked down by Hopkins, he's naturally smaller than Joe and his workrate lower. He got taken to the distance by Howard Eastman! That was probably one of the most boring fights I've seen him in. The result of this match-up really depends on whether or not Hopkins has any success with counter-punching. I hope it's not a chess match because Joe needs to win convincingly and so needs to hold centre ring and push the pace.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its more then mind games.

if calzaghe said 'ill never lose to a black man' etc then im sure there would be a different response.

it reminds me of the fresh prince of bel air for some reason, where all the white guys on that problem are protrayed as geeks or push-overs
S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeh the white jokes were lame on the Fresh Prince, but that was somewhat funny in the early 90s...

I remember one of Philip's lawyer friends says: "You can call me Whitey" (referring to his surname)
*followed by a two second silence and canned laughter!
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha yeah that party they had. Vivian looked shocked.
fletchinator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm hoping Joe doesn't get careless and leave himself open tonight. If he starts opening himself up and missing he'll only get punished by hopkins.

Sticks to his gameplan though and he'll win it in the 9th
Spire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bit off topic but feel as if I shouldn't miss the fight tonight, and so I'm thinking about subscribing to Setanta. I was filling everything in on their site when I realised they charge you £15 as part of a 'connection' fee, which is annoying. The thing is, theres other stuff on there too, prem footy on in about half an hour as well, so I'm kinda tempted. What do you guys think, worth it?
Laevis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've heard quite a lot of bad stuff about subscribing and unsubscribing to Setanta. Have a look at this thread that a friend showed me for more info. This here would have been the best option, but it seems it's a bit late for that now.

I have Setanta Sports, but hardly ever watch it. It's like a poor man's Sky Sports. Most the time the commentary is awful, too. Not that Sky's coverage has gotten much better nowadays.
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spire)
Bit off topic but feel as if I shouldn't miss the fight tonight, and so I'm thinking about subscribing to Setanta. I was filling everything in on their site when I realised they charge you £15 as part of a 'connection' fee, which is annoying. The thing is, theres other stuff on there too, prem footy on in about half an hour as well, so I'm kinda tempted. What do you guys think, worth it?
I was tempted by it as well, and one day just thought bugger it i'l do it. But found out my freeview box didn't have a correct slot or something, so woud've have to pay £30 or more to get one of these boxes, so didn't bother in the end. Have you checked to see if yours is compatible?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1333)
79.68%
Leave (340)
20.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise