andrey1994
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by as125)
Mikey Garcia vs Robert Easter Jnr

Who you got?
Mikey Garcia by knockout imo. Easter Jr is good though.
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by andrey1994)
Mikey Garcia by knockout imo. Easter Jr is good though.
Idk if he can get KO, I think he'll get it by UD

Would love to see Mikey vs Loma but loma out for a year so that won't be happening any time soon

But hope Mikey doesn't sign with Dana White's new boxing promotion, that guy hasn't got a clue on boxing
Chittesh14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Mikey Garcia is a serious beast, shouldn't underestimate Easter Jr though.
Can't wait for that fight and Whyte vs Parker, both are bangers.

I see Mikey and Whyte by UD.
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Parker by easy but boring UD, Whyte's power is overrated and Parker is a level above in terms of speed and technique and boxing acumen
bobby147
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I want Whyte to win but I can see it being Parker by UD.
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
****ing brutal knockouts today.
Chisora got a heart of a lion, this beast knew he had to give it all today - was ready for an all out war.

Going for Parker UD but wouldn't be surprised if somehow.... Whyte pulls off a TKO. Saying this because his extra weight, the speed difference, it's rare - but I can see Dillian Whyte really really wants this.
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
what a amazing night of boxing that was, from Allen's KO win out of nowhere, to another great fight between Benn/Peynaud (Benn still not that convincing even though he did deserve the win and boxed well once he settled into the fight), then two brutal wars with Chisora/Takam (never saw that KO coming) and Whyte/Parker (Whyte seconds away from losing the fight) - incredible.

I'd like to see Whyte fight Chisora or Miller next
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Fury and Warren saying they're deep in negotiations to fight Wilder in December and a deal is "very close to being done... we're almost done with this deal".

I call BS from Fury, as usual.
Last edited by Palmyra; 5 months ago
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Heard some big things about Hughie Fury becoming the the IBF challenger for the eliminator against Kubrat Pulev. The purse bid is scheduled for Aug. 9, would be Pulev's third purse bid this year if it were to happen. This fool just keeps getting purse bids, not sure if people are ducking him or he has some weird conditions in his contracts lol. Regardless, what do people think of the match up? I can see it as one of the most boring fights lol.

(Original post by Palmyra)
what a amazing night of boxing that was, from Allen's KO win out of nowhere, to another great fight between Benn/Peynaud (Benn still not that convincing even though he did deserve the win and boxed well once he settled into the fight), then two brutal wars with Chisora/Takam (never saw that KO coming) and Whyte/Parker (Whyte seconds away from losing the fight) - incredible.

I'd like to see Whyte fight Chisora or Miller next
Lol the way Conor Benn talks in press conferences haha, as if he is going to bring some Mike Tyson performance lmao. Ah well, he's learning and can see him going quite far but not much as the Welterweight division is crazy hot right now. I'd love to see Whyte face Jarrell Miller, two big punchers always willing to trade and go into wars. I want Chisora to have one easier fight and then hopefully win brutally and then become a world title contender or get a title shot. Can't be serious with him lol, never know which Chisora will turn up.

(Original post by Palmyra)
Fury and Warren saying they're deep in negotiations to fight Wilder in December and a deal is "very close to being done... we're almost done with this deal".

I call BS from Fury, as usual.
I heard Wilder's manager confirmed that they are in close talks and today in an IFL interview, Fury said that if the beats Pianeta, the Wilder fight is almost confirmed like a done deal. As much BS Fury talks, I just feel there is some truth in his words, no idea why. I mean maybe not for this December, but maybe April next year around the Joshua fight and then the winners can face to become undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.
Won't be surprised though if: Fury and Wilder do decide to fight in December and Fury pulls out
Last edited by Chittesh14; 5 months ago
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Great performance from Whyte. First off, credit to both men for taking the bout. Neither needed it and could have faced off against far less competition to protect their position and, in Parker’s case, rebuild after the Joshua loss. Parker could do with some time off after two tough defeats and then a soft comeback before getting back in the mixer. At 26 he’s still young for a heavyweight with a lot of potential to improve and a really good foundation to build from.

While Wilder's next bout hasn't officially been announced it looks almost certain to be Breazeale. Matchroom will then obviously once again try to make Joshua/Wilder, this time for April. If that falls through the obvious bout to make for Matchroom is the Joshua/Whyte rematch. Even if Joshua/Whyte doesn't happen Wilder's already turned down huge money to face Whyte once when Whyte was less established and dangerous... he may well not want to accept again.
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Mikey Garcia dominated Robert Easter Jr on a dominant display of boxing skills and technique. Garcia has decided to move up two weight classes in his next fight and challenge Errol Spence Jr for a massive showdown. He is planning to go straight into the Welterweight division and challenge the top dog in his next fight without any tune-up fights.

What's everyone's thoughts on that? Mikey Garcia is such a class operator, just fights anyone lol. He's seriously beginning to open up now but I just think it is a step too far, but only time will tell.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Mackay)
If that falls through the obvious bout to make for Matchroom is the Joshua/Whyte rematch. Even if Joshua/Whyte doesn't happen Wilder's already turned down huge money to face Whyte once when Whyte was less established and dangerous... he may well not want to accept again.
Btw, is tthat's the case then Whyte has to go the mandatory route to get a shot at Wilder... and with Breazeale being mandatory (albeit in a somewhat odd way) that means the next mandatory bout won't be demanded for a while.
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Btw, is tthat's the case then Whyte has to go the mandatory route to get a shot at Wilder... and with Breazeale being mandatory (albeit in a somewhat odd way) that means the next mandatory bout won't be demanded for a while.
I think it's going to be Whyte vs Joshua in April. I can't see Whyte beating Joshua lol, so Joshua will happily take that fight and walk through him. But Whyte's power is showing these days, can imagine a knockout upset.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Chittesh14)
I think it's going to be Whyte vs Joshua in April. I can't see Whyte beating Joshua lol, so Joshua will happily take that fight and walk through him. But Whyte's power is showing these days, can imagine a knockout upset.
I think you're right mate. Wilder won't take Whyte, let alone AJ imho.
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think you're right mate. Wilder won't take Whyte, let alone AJ imho.
Yeah Whyte is actually becoming a force, his boxing technique is much better. He really is the bodysnatcher, he just tires all of his opponents out and breaks them down. Wilder is a bit of a clown, not sure what he's doing tbh.
Wilder is supposedly fighting Tyson Fury as a done deal now, if Fury gets past Pianeta and Wilder gets past Breazeale. Tyson Fury is too funny lol, no one can build up fights like him. Shannon Briggs is having a serious go at Fury after the Wilder talks as he was planning to fight him in October .
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Tyson is convinced negotiations for a Wilder fight are near completion, so we'll see.
Fizzel
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Forgot to post here. Looks like Krusher is done, the mental damage Ward did, then this, and he doesn't look capable of going the distance right now. With the questions over his commitment. Also very little chatter in the boxing world about one of the P4P top dogs losing.

KO if you didn't catch it
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/mascu...ategrizzlybear
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
Forgot to post here. Looks like Krusher is done, the mental damage Ward did, then this, and he doesn't look capable of going the distance right now. With the questions over his commitment. Also very little chatter in the boxing world about one of the P4P top dogs losing.

KO if you didn't catch it
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/mascu...ategrizzlybear
wouldn't say he's done just because he lost to an elite boxer in alvarez

his conditioning is awful but he still has a very good boxing brain and power, so if his heart's still in it he could still be a force at 175 imo
Palmyra
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Canelo: GGG doesn't hit hard

Canelo: I rate GGG's power a 9/10

Looks like Canelo has switched from clenbuterol to cocaine.
andrey1994
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I hope Bivol will get Alvarez's belts. He is the best LHW imo. Beterbiev isn't great, same with Gvozdyk. I won't mention Stevenson either...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (58)
19.46%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
39.93%
Nope, not that interesting (121)
40.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed