Boxing Watch

harryj0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think its too early to tell with someone like bam bam. you dont know if he has the desire, the chin or power to make it. i guess time will tell...

also apparently it now seems RJJ will fight Calzaghe
roots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by harryj0)
i think its too early to tell with someone like bam bam. you dont know if he has the desire, the chin or power to make it. i guess time will tell...

also apparently it now seems RJJ will fight Calzaghe

i see this fight being absolutely pointless for fight fans if jones doesnt bring his a game and even if he does itll become a boring 12 round decision because at this stage neither guys getting knocked out, so calzaghe wins but the debate will continue was his work rate deserving of the decision against jones power punching
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by roots)
i see this fight being absolutely pointless for fight fans if jones doesnt bring his a game and even if he does itll become a boring 12 round decision because at this stage neither guys getting knocked out, so calzaghe wins but the debate will continue was his work rate deserving of the decision against jones power punching
Well joe got up last time, he might not get up this time? But i pretty much know this will be an ugly fight, pavlick would've been nicer, much nicer to watch.
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol calzaghe was awarded the CBE
roots
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
at times i feel like saying ******* frank warren you know if it wasnt for his protection and wbo fixation we might have seen how good joe really was and is, pavlik would be great but allot of people would expect him to ko joe if he surprises him in the first few rounds, all were going to see fromn joe is money ventures in safe fights from now on probably
username138327
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by roots)
at times i feel like saying ******* frank warren you know if it wasnt for his protection and wbo fixation we might have seen how good joe really was and is, pavlik would be great but allot of people would expect him to ko joe if he surprises him in the first few rounds, all were going to see fromn joe is money ventures in safe fights from now on probably
Yep. A pavlik calzaghe fight would be great. Would calzaghe have quick enough hand speed to stop pavlik from throwing his bombs? Would pavlik be too strong for joe? It would have been an ace fight.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what about joe fighting floyd at a catchweight, we can dream eh especially now that mismatches are all the rage what with pac vs hatton and oscar fighting whoever the hell he likes
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oscar will end up fighting pavlik i think

my man manfredo might fight carl frotch whoo hoo
roots
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mos Def)
oscar will end up fighting pavlik i think

my man manfredo might fight carl frotch whoo hoo

im surprised that rumor hasnt been mentioned, oscar has difficulties with weight and pavliks a big name now, oscars a light middleweight, he likes a challenge haha and pavliks free

but hes not beatable

frock v manfredo haha, theyre made for each other they should fight a best of 5 fights series, both can b**** after each fight about how theyre going to fight joe before he retires
roots
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
and they can broadcast it on itv for there ten million strong fanbase
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by roots)
and they can broadcast it on itv for there ten million strong fanbase
OY!

hahahaha ... yeha i know PMJ is **** but i still love him, hes a bit of a banger so fight style is nice.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
who would win that fight?

i can hear frock now i beat manfredo, im better than manfredo, joe has to fight me now, im getting closer, im the mandatory dammit, wait let me just ring him, barry get me the phone
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by roots)
who would win that fight?

i can hear frock now i beat manfredo, im better than manfredo, joe has to fight me now, im getting closer, im the mandatory dammit, wait let me just ring him, barry get me the phone
hahahahahaha

joe ' its all about the money, u know that'

frock starts to whimper...
roots
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hahahahahaha

joe ' its all about the money, u know that'

frock starts to whimper...

barry mumbles "you should have fought him a few years ago when he was still fighting bums, i guess some people are destined for better things"

frock " what did you say to me? "

barry, " nothing carl"

reports are saying that hatton - pac could happen soon

where can hatton go after this if he loses?
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He wont retire on a loss, hes not like that. Top Rank like to give Cotto a few bums, so hatton will be a big name but a bit of a bum with 2 big losses, so i think cotto v hatton. Unless cotto faces delahoya, kills him and just becomes #1.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He wont retire on a loss, hes not like that. Top Rank like to give Cotto a few bums, so hatton will be a big name but a bit of a bum with 2 big losses, so i think cotto v hatton. Unless cotto faces delahoya, kills him and just becomes #1.
probably because no one wants to get in with cotto, i think hall of fame status for hatton is slowly disappearing, i dont think hes interested in dangerous fights like delahoya, cotto, bradley etc, welterweight fights or fights that wont generate money, which is why he should fight malignaggi first then pac and then retire for a while
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
aamir khan 1/6 to win tommorow night. jeez.

his entrance tune should be interesting
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anelka9)
aamir khan 1/6 to win tommorow night. jeez.

his entrance tune should be interesting
:hmmmm: best odds I can see are 1/14...
username138327
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In any boxing match, that's crazy
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, Khan claims a 1.5 % of bodyfat :indiff:

That's not safe, surely. Bodybuilders don't even go that low and get criticised for it :s:

Anyway, fight to begin in a sec. I actually think this might go to the decision...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed