Boxing Watch

Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Khan signs up for Sky

Says on the BBC Boxing page article that he's signed for a 20 fight deal with Sky, so pretty much for the rest of his career I'd say. Had forgotten his deal with ITV was over, it would have been nice to see a boxer reject the big Sky bucks and stay terrestial for the fans but money talks and I dont blame him too much. Any idea on what kind of fee Khan gets from this deal? Just a thought that I see Khan with Warren for the rest of his career, might not be a good thing though. We've seen recently Warren suing Calzaghe, Hatton aswell after their association ended so I think Warren will make it a hat trick and sue Khan for something if he decides to part ways with him.

Calzaghe vs. Jones is for Nov. 8th and the Welshman's again hinting it could be his last fight, gotta feeling he's going to tease this is my last fight for the fight then say he'll have one more against Pavlik which I looked forward to.
roots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Khan signs up for Sky

Says on the BBC Boxing page article that he's signed for a 20 fight deal with Sky, so pretty much for the rest of his career I'd say. Had forgotten his deal with ITV was over, it would have been nice to see a boxer reject the big Sky bucks and stay terrestial for the fans but money talks and I dont blame him too much. Any idea on what kind of fee Khan gets from this deal? Just a thought that I see Khan with Warren for the rest of his career, might not be a good thing though. We've seen recently Warren suing Calzaghe, Hatton aswell after their association ended so I think Warren will make it a hat trick and sue Khan for something if he decides to part ways with him.

Calzaghe vs. Jones is for Nov. 8th and the Welshman's again hinting it could be his last fight, gotta feeling he's going to tease this is my last fight for the fight then say he'll have one more against Pavlik which I looked forward to.
I think youre right about Calzaghe but there is some truth in Jones being his last fight, if he struggles against Jones i doubt he'll take a fight with Pavlik

Khan on Sky is bad news for Khan, fewer people will see him, he wont last as a pay per view draw without major fights whch he isnt ready for and on sky sports he'll rot fighting easy fighters for most of the deal probably
shamrock92
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by roots)
I think youre right about Calzaghe but there is some truth in Jones being his last fight, if he struggles against Jones i doubt he'll take a fight with Pavlik

Khan on Sky is bad news for Khan, fewer people will see him, he wont last as a pay per view draw without major fights whch he isnt ready for and on sky sports he'll rot fighting easy fighters for most of the deal probably
Calslappy won't take a fight with Pavlik, he's not looking to prove himself, he's looking to pick off legends and have a bit of fun. Pavlik's dangerous for him.

Pavlik Hopkins should be an interesting one, that's what I'm looking forward to, Hopkins will be mega up for it looking to make amends for losing to Joe, but I see the Ghost spooking the Executioner :p:

Khan signing up for sky is a total joke, the idea that you'd pay £15 to see an incomplete fighter fight some Colombian nobody who's only had a couple 'o' fights against ****ing drug dealers in street fights, and he calls himself a boxer, for £10 you could get Setanta for a whole month and see potentially Calzaghe, Hatton, Pavlik etc. all big names fight big fights
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
This is all hypothetical. Kahn is not pay-per-view, and Sky know that. However, he has the potential as he starts beating big-name players.

The only negative thing about this is, Warren will increase the amount of rubbish to Amir's disposal. We can expect Kahn to fight god knows how many more nobodies (like Hatton and Calzaghe in their early days) before he get's recognised. Then he'll have 2 years left in him to make his money and retire.

It's just boxing at it's corrupt best. I hate this part of boxing for this very reason. Business rules this sport too much.

Look at Pavlik, Taylor, Haye, Mayweather - they all made their mark on the sport at around 20 fights (1st three) and 25 fights (PBF). Kahn is on around 20 now, and he'll be on 30 before he gets a hit. He is the most capable, and yet, bizarrely restricted by Warrens handy-work.
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Boxing has been a bit quiet lately!!!!

Amir Khan will win his nex fight surely!

B-Hop i hope beats pavlik....

ANyone hear about roy jones wanting to fight TARVER a 4th time after joe!!

Hope roy jones wins both fights.....seriously one of the best fighters ever!

FIghter of the decade....big honour that was!!
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I too hope BHop beats Pavlik ... would send a nice message out, and would be the perfect retirement fight for Bhop, finally. Pavliks young, and he'll more than easily bounce back. I have a slight feeling that Bhop might just change his style in the fight and get on the offensive, I might be dreaming, but I don't see him beating Pav on the back foot, how awesome would that be though?....
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by I_used_to_love_H.E.R)
Boxing has been a bit quiet lately!!!!

Amir Khan will win his nex fight surely!

B-Hop i hope beats pavlik....

ANyone hear about roy jones wanting to fight TARVER a 4th time after joe!!

Hope roy jones wins both fights.....seriously one of the best fighters ever!

FIghter of the decade....big honour that was!!
Tarver's never really bounced back from being humiliated by B Hop, his only decent performance was against Woods who is hardly top drawer....
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by shamrock92)
Tarver's never really bounced back from being humiliated by B Hop, his only decent performance was against Woods who is hardly top drawer....
I would hardly call it 'humiliating'.
Clinton Woods has beaten some very credible opponents. Maybe he's not the top of the 174lb pile, but he's certainly up there.

If you beat Clinton = very good victory. Glen Johnson and Tarver are good boxers. Tarver lost to B.Hop when he was too busy filming Rocky! Apart from that, Johnson was on his list of scalps as was Jones Jnr and Griffin. Not bad.

They've all taken scores off each other; Glen Johnson, Jones Jnr, Tarver, Hopkins.

Boxing had a good year last year. I want the same again this christmas. I want Hatton to beat Paulie and then Manny; I would like Haye to beat Ibragimov then Chagaev for the WBA and then Klitschko. I would also like to see Calzaghe beat Jones (which I think he will), and then beat Pavlik.

I'm not asking for much am I?
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mos Def)
I too hope BHop beats Pavlik ... would send a nice message out, and would be the perfect retirement fight for Bhop, finally. Pavliks young, and he'll more than easily bounce back. I have a slight feeling that Bhop might just change his style in the fight and get on the offensive, I might be dreaming, but I don't see him beating Pav on the back foot, how awesome would that be though?....
yep totally agree......what a send off it will be.....pavlik will bounce back quick!

Also he cant lost twice to a white boy can he!!
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by N� Stig)
Clinton Woods has beaten some very credible opponents. Maybe he's not the top of the 174lb pile, but he's certainly up there.

If you beat Clinton = very good victory. Glen Johnson and Tarver are good boxers. Tarver lost to B.Hop when he was too busy filming Rocky! Apart from that, Johnson was on his list of scalps as was Jones Jnr and Griffin. Not bad.

They've all taken scores off each other; Glen Johnson, Jones Jnr, Tarver, Hopkins.

Boxing had a good year last year. I want the same again this christmas. I want Hatton to beat Paulie and then Manny; I would like Haye to beat Ibragimov then Chagaev for the WBA and then Klitschko. I would also like to see Calzaghe beat Jones (which I think he will), and then beat Pavlik.

Nope your just asking for Britains top 3 fighters to own they're respective divisions...well apart from hatton
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Né Stig)

Hatton will struggle to beat Paulie. He's never been the same since the Mayweather fight. No way will he even touch Manny, even at Jr Welter Manny will be too much for him. Manny vs. de la Hoya - now that's an interesting fight.

Haye will beat those two bums, but I think he's put on too much weight for Klitschko. If he retains his speed he will beat Wlad but Vitali is coming back into the game with the Peter fight as well . . . Vitali is a tougher fight for Haye, if at first he gets past Wlad, which won't be easy especially if the fight goes past round 6 'cos Haye is a TOTAL frontrunner.

Calslappy should beat Jones with his work rate. He loves his record, he wouldn't take a fight he was 70-30 on to win. I kinda hope he loses though, so he'll be forced to fight Pavlik to prove himself (no way will he take that fight if he wins) and Kelly will school him I think.
username138327
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hatton will struggle to beat Paulie. He's never been the same since the Mayweather fight. No way will he even touch Manny, even at Jr Welter Manny will be too much for him. Manny vs. de la Hoya - now that's an interesting fight.

Haye will beat those two bums, but I think he's put on too much weight for Klitschko. If he retains his speed he will beat Wlad but Vitali is coming back into the game with the Peter fight as well . . . Vitali is a tougher fight for Haye, if at first he gets past Wlad, which won't be easy especially if the fight goes past round 6 'cos Haye is a TOTAL frontrunner.

Calslappy should beat Jones with his work rate. He loves his record, he wouldn't take a fight he was 70-30 on to win. I kinda hope he loses though, so he'll be forced to fight Pavlik to prove himself (no way will he take that fight if he wins) and Kelly will school him I think.
Ok, Hatton's not been very good since the PBF fight eh? He's only fought once and won convincingly against a decent fighter by like 8 rounds on every card. Malignaggi has only fought a series of bums and has never impressed me. He hasn't got the power to stop hatton, the jab, the speed or the work-rate. In every category Hatton is a better fighter. I can't even see a surprise knock-out of Malignaggi so I rate his chances of winning at almost zero.

We'll have to see if Manny will step up as far as light welter, he might do but I don't see him doing it, his manager after his fight against Diaz said he'd keep fighting at lightweight and he's going to defend his title at lightweight, so we'll see whether he'll step up but at the moment I doubt it.

Ibragimov is a bum but I like Chagaev. I think he's a good fighter and from what I've seen the best heavyweight in the world at the moment. He completely outboxed both Valuev and Skelton in his last fights and although I think Haye is a great fighter, to think he'd go in there and wrecking-ball Chagaev is naive. It would be a really good fight and not one I'd want haye to aim at as his first or second fight at Heavy.

And lastly I can't believe any non-american would want Calzaghe to lose. I don't understand why so many people hate on him. He should win, Jones is well well past it. He's not beaten anybody of note (Trinidad never should have come out of retirement, unless of course it was for the cold hard cash, which it would obviously seem) and has lost to Tarver and Johnson who couldn't touch calzaghe.
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fellas)
Ok, Hatton's not been very good since the PBF fight eh? He's only fought once and won convincingly against a decent fighter by like 8 rounds on every card. Malignaggi has only fought a series of bums and has never impressed me. He hasn't got the power to stop hatton, the jab, the speed or the work-rate. In every category Hatton is a better fighter. I can't even see a surprise knock-out of Malignaggi so I rate his chances of winning at almost zero.
Well just 'cos he won on clean points doesn't make it a convincing victory. It was meant to be a "homecoming" KO for Ricky and he never managed it. That's pretty dire. Malignaggi is on the down slope, but still has good skills. I'd say he'd edge it on points unless Ricky catches him at some point.

We'll have to see if Manny will step up as far as light welter, he might do but I don't see him doing it, his manager after his fight against Diaz said he'd keep fighting at lightweight and he's going to defend his title at lightweight, so we'll see whether he'll step up but at the moment I doubt it.
Freddi Roach said he was so confident Manny could beat anyone at light-welter that he'd waive his fee for the fight, actually.

Ibragimov is a bum but I like Chagaev. I think he's a good fighter and from what I've seen the best heavyweight in the world at the moment. He completely outboxed both Valuev and Skelton in his last fights and although I think Haye is a great fighter, to think he'd go in there and wrecking-ball Chagaev is naive. It would be a really good fight and not one I'd want haye to aim at as his first or second fight at Heavy.
Chagaev? I'd rank him below Sam Peter. TBH, Haye's never been tested past round six. He's a total frontrunner. He relies on pummeling guys early. That's why he'd beat Wlad as Wlad's too tentative and has a poor chin. Vitali is a different story. He's more aggressive and has a great chin. I reckon Haye will come through his men and probs beat Wlad, but then lose to Vitali.

And lastly I can't believe any non-american would want Calzaghe to lose. I don't understand why so many people hate on him. He should win, Jones is well well past it. He's not beaten anybody of note (Trinidad never should have come out of retirement, unless of course it was for the cold hard cash, which it would obviously seem) and has lost to Tarver and Johnson who couldn't touch calzaghe.
I don't hate him. He's a decent, down-to-earth fighter and a good Celt. But at the same time, he's quietly arrogant and very overrated. He hasn't had many real good victories - a dubious win over an aged B Hop (who walked to the wrong corner 4 times in that fight, that says it all) who might as well have been on a zimmerframe is less than convincing. His only decent win in my opinion was against Kessler, who's a good fighter, but not a legend. I just think that a fight with Pavlik would show people what he really is. I don't rate FJJ anymore and am confident that Calslappy will do the business.
username138327
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well just 'cos he won on clean points doesn't make it a convincing victory. It was meant to be a "homecoming" KO for Ricky and he never managed it. That's pretty dire. Malignaggi is on the down slope, but still has good skills. I'd say he'd edge it on points unless Ricky catches him at some point.

Freddi Roach said he was so confident Manny could beat anyone at light-welter that he'd waive his fee for the fight, actually.

Chagaev? I'd rank him below Sam Peter. TBH, Haye's never been tested past round six. He's a total frontrunner. He relies on pummeling guys early. That's why he'd beat Wlad as Wlad's too tentative and has a poor chin. Vitali is a different story. He's more aggressive and has a great chin. I reckon Haye will come through his men and probs beat Wlad, but then lose to Vitali.

I don't hate him. He's a decent, down-to-earth fighter and a good Celt. But at the same time, he's quietly arrogant and very overrated. He hasn't had many real good victories - a dubious win over an aged B Hop (who walked to the wrong corner 4 times in that fight, that says it all) who might as well have been on a zimmerframe is less than convincing. His only decent win in my opinion was against Kessler, who's a good fighter, but not a legend. I just think that a fight with Pavlik would show people what he really is. I don't rate FJJ anymore and am confident that Calslappy will do the business.
I think most pundits thought that Hatton wasn't going to beat Lazcano by KO. I think Lazcano has only gone down 3 times in his whole career. It was never on the cards especially when Hatton was stepping down in weight. All in-fighters want to knock the guy out if they can but it doesn't mean they necessarily expect too. It's fine that you think Mali would win on points but nothing in his career suggests that he can seriously out point anybody and Hatton is a massive step up in quality in a fighter that doesn't produce much anyway

Well straight after the fight when interviewed by HBO Freddy Roach he was asked whether Manny will fight at 140 or 147 and he said no, we are fighting at 135.

Have you seen Chagaev fight? Because in his last three fights he's been nothing but very impressive. Peter is a very good fighter though still but Chagaev is not a bum by any means. His style would make a very good fight with Haye. He's not a coward like Wlad and his jabbing skills are some of the best I've seen at Heavy in quite a long time.

It's a shame you never saw Calzaghe at his best. Because quite frankly when he was at his peak he was one of the best and most explosive fighters in the world. Calzaghe hasn't been at his best in a long time. We're talking 5/6 years. It's a shame that his best fights were hidden away on sky TV and most think that all he did was beat Lacey and Kessler. He was poor against Kessler compared to his golden best. Shame.
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think most pundits thought that Hatton wasn't going to beat Lazcano by KO. I think Lazcano has only gone down 3 times in his whole career. It was never on the cards especially when Hatton was stepping down in weight. All in-fighters want to knock the guy out if they can but it doesn't mean they necessarily expect too. It's fine that you think Mali would win on points but nothing in his career suggests that he can seriously out point anybody and Hatton is a massive step up in quality in a fighter that doesn't produce much anyway

Well straight after the fight when interviewed by HBO Freddy Roach he was asked whether Manny will fight at 140 or 147 and he said no, we are fighting at 135.

Have you seen Chagaev fight? Because in his last three fights he's been nothing but very impressive. Peter is a very good fighter though still but Chagaev is not a bum by any means. His style would make a very good fight with Haye. He's not a coward like Wlad and his jabbing skills are some of the best I've seen at Heavy in quite a long time.

It's a shame you never saw Calzaghe at his best. Because quite frankly when he was at his peak he was one of the best and most explosive fighters in the world. Calzaghe hasn't been at his best in a long time. We're talking 5/6 years. It's a shame that his best fights were hidden away on sky TV and most think that all he did was beat Lacey and Kessler. He was poor against Kessler compared to his golden best. Shame.
Ok, I accept the difference of opinion on Hatton, I just think he's never gonna be as good as he was as an up-and-comer.

RE Manny, that was before he was offered a fight with Oscar. Getting offered $5,000,000 changes things somewhat . . . And anyway, Freddie says all sorts of things. Like he said he wasn't gonna train B Hop.

Chagaev . . . :hmmm: He's had a series of injuries and he's only really beat second-raters. Let's face it, the Heavyweight division is a joke atm. He wouldn't be able to cope with Haye. He's just not strong enough or fast enough - he'd get put to sleep pretty quickly I reckon as he likes to sit back. He did ok against the man mountain Valuev, but again Haye is a different matter.

Calzaghe was sharper in his early thirties of course, but as I say his wins there weren't as tough as the Kessler fight.
username138327
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Chagaev . . . :hmmm: He's had a series of injuries and he's only really beat second-raters. Let's face it, the Heavyweight division is a joke atm. He wouldn't be able to cope with Haye. He's just not strong enough or fast enough - he'd get put to sleep pretty quickly I reckon as he likes to sit back. He did ok against the man mountain Valuev, but again Haye is a different matter.

Calzaghe was sharper in his early thirties of course, but as I say his wins there weren't as tough as the Kessler fight.
I still think Haye would beat him, I don't think, that once Haye is settled as a Heavyweight, that anybody in that division would be able to cope with him. As long as his chin holds....

I'd disagree, I've posted in this thread a while ago about it. Calzaghe's beaten about 5 or 6 kesslers in his time as champion. Although I think Kessler boxed the best against him out of all of the up and comers that Calzaghe sent home crying.
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I still think Haye would beat him, I don't think, that once Haye is settled as a Heavyweight, that anybody in that division would be able to cope with him. As long as his chin holds....

I'd disagree, I've posted in this thread a while ago about it. Calzaghe's beaten about 5 or 6 kesslers in his time as champion. Although I think Kessler boxed the best against him out of all of the up and comers that Calzaghe sent home crying.
Vitali might pose a challenge, although it's unlikely he'll be as good as he was at 37 and with all those injuries and years off.

Calzaghe is a great fighter, but, again, not a legend. As I said earlier, he's not done enough to make himself a legend, despite the fact that he's had the SMW title for over decade.
username138327
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Vitali might pose a challenge, although it's unlikely he'll be as good as he was at 37 and with all those injuries and years off.

Calzaghe is a great fighter, but, again, not a legend. As I said earlier, he's not done enough to make himself a legend, despite the fact that he's had the SMW title for over decade.
Vitali's old, he can't have many more fights left. I dunno if he'll still be around (if he comes back) by the time Haye is ready. He hasn't boxed in what 4 years? It's difficult when you're that old to shake off the ring rust no matter how great a boxer you are.

What makes a legend though? That's the problem, he'll never be a legend in America because he never boxed there, Lennox Lewis probably would never have been a legend if he hadn't of boxed in america and I would consider him a legend.

Would you consider Bernard Hopkins a legend? I mean his career card isn't a great deal better than Calzaghe's. He beat De la Hoya and Trinidad and a poor winky wright and a jaded Tarver. He lost to Taylor and Jones and Calzaghe, the best three fighters he has fought. And I'm not suprised really, ODH was always a better 147 and 154 than a 160. Same with Trinidad, he looked awful fighting Roy Jones and Winky has not aged well. So I'd argue that not only was Calzaghe always the better techincally but just generally the better boxer. And in my opinion I'd rate him as a legend, and he's certainly a british legend. Any fighter who defends his title as well as he has done against mandatory challenges and to beat everything that's been sent his way to beat him has done good in my book. Add to the fact he's despatches many legends of the ring (and probably jones will go on that list as well) and many up and coming promising fighters with the big O. I'm happy with my case.
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Vitali's old, he can't have many more fights left. I dunno if he'll still be around (if he comes back) by the time Haye is ready. He hasn't boxed in what 4 years? It's difficult when you're that old to shake off the ring rust no matter how great a boxer you are.

What makes a legend though? That's the problem, he'll never be a legend in America because he never boxed there, Lennox Lewis probably would never have been a legend if he hadn't of boxed in america and I would consider him a legend.

Would you consider Bernard Hopkins a legend? I mean his career card isn't a great deal better than Calzaghe's. He beat De la Hoya and Trinidad and a poor winky wright and a jaded Tarver. He lost to Taylor and Jones and Calzaghe, the best three fighters he has fought. And I'm not suprised really, ODH was always a better 147 and 154 than a 160. Same with Trinidad, he looked awful fighting Roy Jones and Winky has not aged well. So I'd argue that not only was Calzaghe always the better techincally but just generally the better boxer. And in my opinion I'd rate him as a legend, and he's certainly a british legend. Any fighter who defends his title as well as he has done against mandatory challenges and to beat everything that's been sent his way to beat him has done good in my book. Add to the fact he's despatches many legends of the ring (and probably jones will go on that list as well) and many up and coming promising fighters with the big O. I'm happy with my case.
B Hop is a legend. He lost to Calzaghe at age 43, and remember a lot of people still think he won that fight (I only had Calzaghe by a round if I remember correctly). He beat countless decent fighters, Calzaghe has beaten around 20-30 and B Hop has done around 30-35. B Hop has had more tough fights like Oscar, Trinidad and Winky - all real good fighters who ranked in the top 5 p4p. He lost to Roy Jones like a century ago, when they were both young (remember experience is what makes B Hop a legend - his little tricks) and Jones ran away from a rematch, claiming that he wanted ridiculous amounts of money to fight him, he knew B Hop was the better man. Yeah, people use the excuse that Tarver had to put on and then lose a lot of weight for that fight, but B Hop had him finished anyway and don't forget he jumped up 2 weight divisions to face Tarver in the first place, totally cold!

I wouldn't say Lewis is a legend. The only good victories on his card are a washed up Holyfield, an insane Mike Tyson who came in about 3 stones too heavy and threw about fifty punches in the entire fight, then lay down from a ****ing phantom punch, a super lucky win on a cut against Klitschko on a headbutt, despite the fact that Klitschko was on the verge of KOing him three times and was the clear leader on points, and then a win against Francis Botha which was, to his credit, a decent one.
username138327
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
B Hop is a legend. He lost to Calzaghe at age 43, and remember a lot of people still think he won that fight (I only had Calzaghe by a round if I remember correctly). He beat countless decent fighters, Calzaghe has beaten around 20-30 and B Hop has done around 30-35. B Hop has had more tough fights like Oscar, Trinidad and Winky - all real good fighters who ranked in the top 5 p4p. He lost to Roy Jones like a century ago, when they were both young (remember experience is what makes B Hop a legend - his little tricks) and Jones ran away from a rematch, claiming that he wanted ridiculous amounts of money to fight him, he knew B Hop was the better man. Yeah, people use the excuse that Tarver had to put on and then lose a lot of weight for that fight, but B Hop had him finished anyway and don't forget he jumped up 2 weight divisions to face Tarver in the first place, totally cold!

I wouldn't say Lewis is a legend. The only good victories on his card are a washed up Holyfield, an insane Mike Tyson who came in about 3 stones too heavy and threw about fifty punches in the entire fight, then lay down from a ****ing phantom punch, a super lucky win on a cut against Klitschko on a headbutt, despite the fact that Klitschko was on the verge of KOing him three times and was the clear leader on points, and then a win against Francis Botha which was, to his credit, a decent one.
People who think Hopkins won that fight need their heads checked. Seriously... Computers don't lie. Calzaghe almost landed double the amount of punches, and almost one and a half the number of power punches. On a lot of cards that would be a 12 round win. Mainly because Hopkins knocked down Joe and cheated and clinched his way to a less embarrassing result.

I think B-hop is a legend and I think Joe is. Both have given us great performances, both have been GREAT champions. Probably the two greatest champions of recent times (with ol' PBF) and for that I think they both warrant a nice shiny place in history.

A lot of people doubt Lewis, and his old chin but he was a top class fighter. He dominated his weight and was probably one of the best heavies we have seen since the golden times. That again is enough for a place in history.

Spoiler:
Show
Mind you after Marvellous Marvin Lennox and Joe are my favourite fighters so I'm biased :p: + B-Hop was a bit of tit before the Joe fight (well and after it as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.8%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (208)
40.78%
Nope, not that interesting (201)
39.41%

Watched Threads