Boxing Watch

Krush
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RangerX)
I know he is but people have to be more responsible for their actions. I understand he is rich still young and must feel the rush of blood and adrenaline while driving but there are laws that are set out there for good reasons and when broken bad things could happen. The man he hit died 2 years after....

On October 23, 2007, Khan was convicted of careless driving at Bolton Crown Court and given a six month driving ban and a £1000 fine. The conviction related to an incident that occurred on March 2, 2006, in the centre of Bolton when Khan hit a pedestrian on a pelican crossing whilst overtaking a line of cars and running through a red traffic light. Khan was estimated to be traveling at 47 mph in a 30 mph limit area and was in the incorrect lane of traffic. The pedestrian, Geoffrey Hatton, suffered a broken leg and lost his job due to the seriousness of the injury He died two years later at the age of 57.Geoffrey Hatton's widow Moyra said that he had been "a broken man" following the accident..[15] Khan had originally been charged with the more serious offence of dangerous driving.[16]

Khan was also summoned to appear in court in Rochdale on October 26, 2007, accused of travelling in excess of 140 mph on the M62 motorway on December 31, 2006. He did not appear and the case was adjourned to November 2, 2007, with the District Judge stating that he would issue an arrest warrant if the accused did not appear then. He was also charged with not producing his driving licence and insurance certificate after the incident.[17] On 7th January 2008 Khan was fined £1000 and banned for 42 days for the speeding offence.[18]
Everyone's done stupid things in life, what he has done was particularly stupid and by no means can be justifiable. Nevertheless, he has done a lot for the local community, given money for charity and promotes anti-bullying: give him credit for that.

He'll be back in shape soon enough, no doubt about that.
Barça
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone got a link?
notepad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know, I kinda felt sorry for him because:
1. It was round #1 and . . .
2. He spent so long training for nothing? experience?
urbandervish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Krush)
Everyone's done stupid things in life, what he has done was particularly stupid and by no means can be justifiable. Nevertheless, he has done a lot for the local community, given money for charity and promotes anti-bullying: give him credit for that.

Well said...
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by urbandervish)
Khan is still No.1
How is he? Hes made a career out of his silver medal (ie 2nd place)

It was inevitable he'd get found out eventually, a sucession of joke fights against nobodys doesnt prepare you for a fighter like Prescott. I have to say that I'm rather pleased!
Krush
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by insanetothebrain)
His previous fight have pretty much been with nobodies, and he does talk as if he is ali. Either way he's pakistani, why you bigging him up if you're indian? :no:
You ****, who give's a toss about ethnic origins? It's performance that matters. I'm of indian origin and I support Khan.
notepad
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Krush)
You ****, who give's a toss about ethnic origins? It's performance that matters. I'm of indian origin and I support Khan.
Agreed, xD (I would rep you but I am all out)
urbandervish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SuperDaz)

It was inevitable he'd get found out eventually, a sucession of joke fights against nobodys doesnt prepare you for a fighter like Prescott. I have to say that I'm rather pleased!
Yeah, he carries the hope of our nation ... if people are going to dismiss him as easily as that then they should shut the **** up!
notepad
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Amir Khan hates Indians, so he hates you! even though you like him
:no:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nabster_88)
Yeh the fasting is no excuse for him...i was just debating the effects of fasting. True - his defense is non existent. He should be back stronger. Don't know if he'll ppv though. lol. This was his first fight with his new trainer as well wasn't it?
Yep, fighting the guy that his trainer recommended to Frank Warren. Not good.
Nabster_88
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SuperDaz)

He was 17 when he won that medal you know. But agree that his previous didn't prepare him well for this one...it was too big of a jump in class. He needed more time to work on his defense and get used to his new coach
Spongebob*No*Pants
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Anyone got a link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1hLX9j1gEg
Krush
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
asdasta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Quite annoyed I missed this. So many times my friends and I have ordered in food for his fights, only for them to end in two minutes. I was looking forward to seeing him get knocked the **** out eventually.
Jeev
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do uno amir hates indians?
RangerX
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Krush)

You're right, actually I think I'm wrong about Khan. I try not to judge people. Thank you
Krush
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nabster_88)
He was 17 when he won that medal you know. But agree that his previous didn't prepare him well for this one...it was too big of a jump in class. He needed more time to work on his defense and get used to his new coach
Yeah he's got the lightning speed and a fair bit of power, but he really needs to work on his defense. He's only 21 though, he'll have enough time to sort that out I reckon.
Emmanuel321
Report 10 years ago
don't blame it on the coach or the fact that more time and maybe he would have had a chance. Presscot is a whole different class of fighter, Khan used to fighting nobodies as others have said and this time he has obviously went to far as his confidence has risen from beating below him in class.
Krush
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jeev)
How do uno amir hates indians?
He's talking bullocks.
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spongebob*No*Pants)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1hLX9j1gEg
OMG, I thought it was a normal one but he got destroyed :eek: Cheers for the link :yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads