The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Spiffy
People are happy to see him defeated because frank warrens put him up against a load of smaller guys that cant punch - easy wins just to stack up a so called impressive record and get joe public to jump on the bandwagon so warren can demand more money. Hes turned him into a cash cow. Sky must be kicking themselves after agreeing to a 20 fight deal with him only for him to go down in the first round after coming up against an opponent who can actually land a heavy hit and expose that china chin of his. Hes got no punch resistance whatsoever and sadly no amount of defensive training is going to improve that. Even light hitters like Limond and Gomez have managed to floor him. Warrens actually admitted that he was "concerned about the danger" Prescott posed before the fight which IMO is an absolute joke.

Its a shame because Khan does have a natural talent but he made a big mistake in having Frank Warren as his promoter.

:ditto: lol i find it sooooo funny, just because all his previous victims were hand picked blown up lighter weight fighters!!!
white_haired_wizard
this chin talk, is it a metaphor or does Khan literally, physically, have a weak pussy of a chin? He's not beefy enough in the face...? He physically can't take punches to the face that well or it's more that he stupidly opens himself up to facial blows...?

explain folks :cool:

I don't know, Plonker said you got to be able to take a beating to make it in boxing. I think he was saying, Khan gets caught and looses his confidence. So yeh, he's a pussy.
Khan's a good role model for alot of the youth in this country, I dont think anyone will say that about Naseem Hamed when he was boxing. Ive never said Khan is a world class boxer, he's good but not great. IMO, I felt he would come unstuck against technically good boxers who can take advantage of his weak chin. In Prescott, he didnt meet that technical fighter, just someone who had good speed and power. Khan will be back, IMO, he needs to cut down on speaking of World Title bouts and focus fight by fight. He was too hasty in chasing after Naz's record of being the youngest fighter that he thought to deck everyone in round one.

I definitely feel his association with Warren will hurt him like it did with Calzaghe, Hatton and Hamed. Khan's family were too trusting with Warren because he's seen as the highly recognised boxing promoter.

Khan hopefully will be back, he's good lad with a good heart and hopefully back winning fights and taking it fight by fight rather than predicting world title victories.
last night amir khan proved muslims dont drink when he failed to get a round in :teeth:
Put it this way Khan is no Marvin Hagler :biggrin:
Reply 1505
Aky786UK
Khan's a good role model for alot of the youth in this country, I dont think anyone will say that about Naseem Hamed when he was boxing. Ive never said Khan is a world class boxer, he's good but not great. IMO, I felt he would come unstuck against technically good boxers who can take advantage of his weak chin. In Prescott, he didnt meet that technical fighter, just someone who had good speed and power. Khan will be back, IMO, he needs to cut down on speaking of World Title bouts and focus fight by fight. He was too hasty in chasing after Naz's record of being the youngest fighter that he thought to deck everyone in round one.

I definitely feel his association with Warren will hurt him like it did with Calzaghe, Hatton and Hamed. Khan's family were too trusting with Warren because he's seen as the highly recognised boxing promoter.

Khan hopefully will be back, he's good lad with a good heart and hopefully back winning fights and taking it fight by fight rather than predicting world title victories.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/5123942.stm
Reply 1506
Some of you people are stupid if you think he is ever going to become an elite fighter.

The only real winner here is frank warren. He found a niche in british boxing - a talented young pro-british pakistani boxer. He knew this alone would draw ratings from both supportive british pakis and jealous white trash. However he also knew that khan was never world champion material, he just faced him against complete losers to hype him up. Asians in general arn't physically strong or tough, they just can't hack tough manly sports like boxing or mma.
T_G_S

Asians in general arn't physically strong or tough, they just can't hack tough manly sports like boxing or mma.

You are a moron.
Reply 1508
The Menace
You are a moron.

Am I Really???

Well then tell me: how many south asian world boxing or mma champions have you seen??

they can't really seem to get any further than cricket or hockey or .......chess.
T_G_S
Am I Really???

Well then tell me: how many south asian world boxing or mma champions have you seen??

they can't really seem to get any further than cricket or hockey or .......chess.

Lol wasnt thai boxing and other arts orginated in asia?
obviously nobody liked my joke :cry:
jermaindefoe
obviously nobody liked my joke :cry:

I did :smile: I repped you for it, mo-fo.
white_haired_wizard
I did :smile: I repped you for it, mo-fo.

hehehe i literally only just noticed

thanks dude

:wink:
Reply 1513
T_G_S
Am I Really???

Well there was a fine wrestling tradition in the subcontinent.
http://ejmas.com/jalt/jaltart_noble_0502.htm

Not really anymore though...:no: :cry:
Originally Posted by T_G_S

Asians in general arn't physically strong or tough, they just can't hack tough manly sports like boxing or mma.

T_G_S

You're ignorant enough to not even know that the 'only (international) wrestler in history who remained undefeated his whole life' who not only earned the John Bull Belt and a silver mace given to him by The Prince Of Wales but dozens of other title belts was a Pakistani!!! :>.<:

Besides, where do you think Polo -one of the worlds most toughest and roughest games evolved from? It's known as 'The Gentelman's game,' just like rugby is... and I'm not talking about the 'pussy~down' western version here, complete with rider apparel including safety helmets! I'm talking about Buzkachi, the one that the macho man&#8217;s macho man (a tough-talking, bulked-up, weapon-wielding, ultra-violent, one-man army who takes on the Russian and Burmese army single-handedly) ... John Rambo participates in!

Also, your point about the MMA ... it's perhaps one of the most culturally diverse sports there is; you forgot to mention the Brazilian and Japanese participants.

During this tour Gama defeated some of the most respected grapplers in the world, including "Doc" Benjamin Roller of the United States, Maurice Deriaz of France, Johann Lemm (the European Champion) of Switzerland, and Jesse Peterson (World Champion) from Sweden. His most acclaimed match was with the great Stanislaus Zbyszco, the World Champion from Poland. Zbyszco, upon assessing Gama considerable ability wrestled defensively the entire match and secured a disputed draw. In the match against Roller, Gama threw "Doc" 13 times in the 15 minute match. Gama now issued a challenge to the rest of those who laid claim to the World Champion's Title, including Japanese Judo champion Taro Miyake, Georges Hackenschmidt of Russia and Frank Gotch of the United States - each declined his invitation to enter the ring to face him. At one point, in order to face some type of competition, Gama offer to fight twenty English wrestlers, one after another. He announced that he would defeat all of them or pay out prize money - still no one would take up his challenge.
:toofunny:

Although he challenged many others including Japanese judo champion Taro Miyake, no one dared to come forward. Georg Hackenschmidt and Frank Gotch also declined to face Gama or others of his troupe. According to Nat Fleischer of Ring Magazine he was the only grappler of modern times who could have been a master of both Gotch and Hackenschmidt.

...he did not retire until 1955, he did not find any opponent and retired undefeated as the World Champion.

Before he left Europe Gama not only defeated the Europeans but also defeated many renowned Japanese judo and grappling experts including the famous Matsuya Mada.

http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/pages/bios/gama2.html
http://www.wrestling-titles.com/personalities/gama/
http://bod.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/6/2/45
http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/top100-96.html
Reply 1515
I said south asians, so i fail to see how brazilians and japanese even came into this.

btw pehlwani wrestlers are pussies - they're quite strong but they can't take a punch.

All the indians and pakistani in my school are really thin and weak, so whenever theres a fight their mates always jump in it's at least 5:1
T_G_S
I said south asians, so i fail to see how brazilians and japanese even came into this.

btw pehlwani wrestlers are pussies - they're quite strong but they can't take a punch.

All the indians and pakistani in my school are really thin and weak, so whenever theres a fight their mates always jump in it's at least 5:1

Perhaps when you wake up all stiff & sore ... you'll find the monsters cupboard and all the big hairy things with red eyes that are going to eat you up are actually real.

Climb out of your hole, look around you and wonder what has saved you ... you'll see this is a funny strange world ~in the tunnels...
:no:
Reply 1517
....the hell are you babbling on about??
T_G_S
....the hell are you babbling on about??

Brilliant rebuttal. Alpha bravo!
I think it's quite clear what she's on about

Latest