The Student Room Group

Pharmacy interview questions!

Hi everyone
I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to answer questions that people ask u in an interview:

- Why choose to become a pharmacist and not doctor
- What subject in pharmacy interested u
- Because I don't do my work experience ( eventhough I got a place at a GP office in manchester where my uncle works and gave my work experience form to school nearly 3 weeks early before the work experience week started, the school would not agree to let me go) they might ask me why I did not do my work experience.
And there is a common question that they always ask is that why choose....university and not somewhere else. I was thinking of telling them how good their uni is and how friendly the students and staffs are cuz I went here for an open day. Do u think it'd make a good impression if I say that?

Thank you
If anyone got any questions that would also like some tips on how to answer them then just feel free to post them up :smile:
Hi everyone
I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to answer questions that people ask u in an interview:

They aren't going to ask you this. They will however ask why you want to study Pharmacy/be a Pharmacist. If you are genuinely interested in it, all I can say is be honest - sounding interested and passionate if far better than listing off the 'right' things to say. I vaguely recall bull****ting about how much I enjoyed problem solving and felt that Pharmacy would give me a real-world application of this trait which allows me to benefit patients. You have to come up with your own reasons though.

With me, I was interested in a degree which allowed me to do chemistry. I study at UEA and the research is divided up into 4 segments: Pharmacy Practice, Medicinal Chemistry, Physiology and Pharmacology and Drug Delivery. Generally, the research tends to reflect the teaching - before going to an interview, it might be good to look up on the Universities website as to which modules they teach. I know for a fact UEA lists all of theirs, as well as detail into each of the research areas.

- Because I don't do my work experience ( eventhough I got a place at a GP office in manchester where my uncle works and gave my work experience form to school nearly 3 weeks early before the work experience week started, the school would not agree to let me go) they might ask me why I did not do my work experience.
They aren't going to ask you this, and if they do just give an honest explanation. Rather, they may ask you how you feel any other past work experience has helped you, even if it isn't directly associated with Pharmacy. I think the keyword for answering that question is "teamwork", whatever it is.

And there is a common question that they always ask is that why choose....university and not somewhere else. I was thinking of telling them how good their uni is and how friendly the students and staffs are cuz I went here for an open day. Do u think it'd make a good impression if I say that?

That sounds fine. I think another thing which is good to do is mention how much you are really enjoying the open day and highlight which specific parts you've liked. They probably will ask you how you've found the day so far.
Reply 2
I have got some question:

Do you have access to a car? Are you comfortable driving to multiple locations for work?

Tell me how your education has prepared you for this role.

Tell me about a time you have provided outstanding customer service.

Why did you decide to pursue a career in pharmacy?

Tell me about your rotation experiences. Which did you like most? Least?

Here is a case describing a common drug interaction. How would you resolve the problem?

If you were a drug, what kind of drug would you be?

What subjects did you find most interesting when you were studying for your Pharm.D.?

How would you deal with a difficult customer?

How do you spot drug seeking behavior?

You cannot read the prescription. What do you do?

You realize that two drugs the customer is taking may interact. What do you do?

What do you consider to be the most positive impact of pharmacy?

What do you think pharmacy’s greatest challenges are in the future?

What are the most important attributes of a pharmacist?

Reply 3
Original post by FallenPetal
They aren't going to ask you this. They will however ask why you want to study Pharmacy/be a Pharmacist. If you are genuinely interested in it, all I can say is be honest - sounding interested and passionate if far better than listing off the 'right' things to say. I vaguely recall bull****ting about how much I enjoyed problem solving and felt that Pharmacy would give me a real-world application of this trait which allows me to benefit patients. You have to come up with your own reasons though.

With me, I was interested in a degree which allowed me to do chemistry. I study at UEA and the research is divided up into 4 segments: Pharmacy Practice, Medicinal Chemistry, Physiology and Pharmacology and Drug Delivery. Generally, the research tends to reflect the teaching - before going to an interview, it might be good to look up on the Universities website as to which modules they teach. I know for a fact UEA lists all of theirs, as well as detail into each of the research areas.

They aren't going to ask you this, and if they do just give an honest explanation. Rather, they may ask you how you feel any other past work experience has helped you, even if it isn't directly associated with Pharmacy. I think the keyword for answering that question is "teamwork", whatever it is.

That sounds fine. I think another thing which is good to do is mention how much you are really enjoying the open day and highlight which specific parts you've liked. They probably will ask you how you've found the day so far.

Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jenny2765
I have got some question:

Do you have access to a car? Are you comfortable driving to multiple locations for work?

Tell me how your education has prepared you for this role.

Tell me about a time you have provided outstanding customer service.

Why did you decide to pursue a career in pharmacy?

Tell me about your rotation experiences. Which did you like most? Least?

Here is a case describing a common drug interaction. How would you resolve the problem?

If you were a drug, what kind of drug would you be?

What subjects did you find most interesting when you were studying for your Pharm.D.?

How would you deal with a difficult customer?

How do you spot drug seeking behavior?

You cannot read the prescription. What do you do?

You realize that two drugs the customer is taking may interact. What do you do?

What do you consider to be the most positive impact of pharmacy?

What do you think pharmacy’s greatest challenges are in the future?

What are the most important attributes of a pharmacist?

Thank you for these questions, you're the best :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by FallenPetal

HI sorry to bother u again, but how long would an intervew normally last? Cuz I've never gone to an interview beofre so i'm kind of nervous.
Reply 6
does anyone know of any ethical questions they could ask you?
Here are some examples of common competency-based questions that you could be asked.

Can you give us an example of a time when you worked as part of team to achieve an end goal or result?
Have you faced a time when you had to overcome a problem?
How did you overcome it and would you do anything differently if you faced it again?
What is the main challenge you’ve faced at work in the last year and how did you tackle it?
What did you learn from the experience?
How would you friends describe you?
How would your enemies describe you?
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?

Find out more about interview techniques and how to cope with interviews in this blog post.
Reply 8
Hi. I’d appreciate it if you could tell what other questions they ask during the interview? I’ve applied to study pharmacy at UEA as well and hoping to hear from them soon.
Hi I have an interview with UEA soon, can you tell me how it went and what was asked please?
Reply 10
how difficult is it to get into pharmacy, these are my GCSE grade and my a-level grades, what do you think I should do to get into pharmacy uni, what are some good university for me to go with these grades. Also how can I know this is the good university for me.

gcse:
English lang: 4
English lit:4
combined science: 8,8
maths- 7
pe 9
business 6
citizenship: 2

a-level:

maths: b
chemistry: b
biology: b
Reply 12
Original post by mardin334
how difficult is it to get into pharmacy, these are my GCSE grade and my a-level grades, what do you think I should do to get into pharmacy uni, what are some good university for me to go with these grades. Also how can I know this is the good university for me.

gcse:
English lang: 4
English lit:4
combined science: 8,8
maths- 7
pe 9
business 6
citizenship: 2

a-level:

maths: b
chemistry: b
biology: b

There are plenty of Unis that ask for BBB etc - and remember that it doesnt matter where you train - all MPharm courses are accredited by the GPhC and the NHS is not going to ask 'which Uni', and neither will your future patients/customers.
Reply 13
Original post by McGinger
There are plenty of Unis that ask for BBB etc - and remember that it doesnt matter where you train - all MPharm courses are accredited by the GPhC and the NHS is not going to ask 'which Uni', and neither will your future patients/customers.

do u have insta or any socials
Reply 14
Original post by mardin334
do u have insta or any socials

Happy to chat here.
Reply 15
Happy to chat here.

np, but what university would;d you say is good for bbb and is easy to get into
Reply 16
'Easy to get into' sounds lazy.
Reply 17
'Easy to get into' sounds lazy.

I wasn't clear my bad, I meant in terms of acceptance rate I have applied for 3 university but I want 2 safe options.
Reply 18
Remember that for the majority of MPharm courses you will be interviewed.

There are no guarantees in life - but if you meet the entry requirements, apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending