Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is it all? What does it mean? Where am i? Who am i? Why am i?

What am i?

ReputationRep:
    well your a funni kid

ReputationRep:
    I started this thread to talk about the Human civilization, and how people stand about Religeon. So if your not going to have a Civilized conversation Then stop replying.

ReputationRep:
    Well once someone starts talking, i can begin a Intelligent conversation, So if you don't agree with how I started this thread Then i will make a new one that fits your expectations.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever man, trying to have a conversation, and you just shoot me down eh?

ReputationRep:
    Its been fun trying to talk to you, see you around the forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FliP)
    Its been fun trying to talk to you, see you around the forum.
    Religion's real in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    To me it's like the Matrix; I dont understand it, and im not going to begin to try.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that as the human race has become more civilised over the last century or so, we should have out-grown religon. I believe in evolution, I am a scientist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FliP)

What am i?
    Trust me it all links up, God is real, science has found some kind of connection think about it.

ReputationRep:
    There may be some higher entity of some kind, an intelligent designer, but I don't believe in the Bible at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    There may be some higher entity of some kind, an intelligent designer, but I don't believe in the Bible at all.
    But do you believe in God himself, the creator of all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FliP)

What am i?
    wow very civilised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    But do you believe in God himself, the creator of all?
    Certainly not the Christian God portrayed in the bible, I am an athiest really, but I do not rule out the possibility that something may have created the world, but whatever it was, I doubt it is any God which has been created by the religions to praise, how do you know the Jews, Christians and Muslims are praising the correct God, if indeed there is any God.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me it all links up, God is real, science has found some kind of connection think about it.
    I'm thinking about it, thinking... Yes, there's no God. And please don't take this approach unless you're actually going to provide evidence to back it up. It just reminds me of primary school where I got a detention for refusing to pray in the morning becuase I had no reason to believe in God. You're trying to force YOUR irrational views upon other people.

As for religion, it's undeniably real, it's just a bit lame, being created to deal with social conundrums however many thousands of years ago, with very weak foundations, yet still continuing to exist in a world where it is no longer necessary, and if anything hinders people's lives rather than making them better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Certainly not the Christian God portrayed in the bible, I am an athiest really, but I do not rule out the possibility that something may have created the world, but whatever it was, I doubt it is any God which has been created by the religions to praise, how do you know the Jews, Christians and Muslims are praising the correct God, if indeed there is any God.
    From what you have described about yourself, you are agnostic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    As for religion, it's undeniably real, it's just a bit lame, being created to deal with social conundrums however many thousands of years ago, with very weak foundations, yet still continuing to exist in a world where it is no longer necessary, and if anything hinders people's lives rather than making them better.
    I totally agree with you. I would go further and say that religion is a way of brain washing people into thinking in a certain way, that way it is easier for the leaders to control how people behave, and how they think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I'm thinking about it, thinking... Yes, there's no God. And please don't take this approach unless you're actually going to provide evidence to back it up. It just reminds me of primary school where I got a detention for refusing to pray in the morning becuase I had no reason to believe in God. You're trying to force YOUR irrational views upon other people.

Fair play but still think about the hereafter.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play but still think about the hereafter.
    Umm... is this a joke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Then ask a proper question instead of some arm-waving wishy washy crap.
    Well said, such a shoddy question. Obviously no time taken to think about it and he didn't even express his own opinion.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.