getting rid of dark circles under the eyes?

Watch
Orange_123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
what is the best (quickest) method to getting rid of dark circles under my eyes? or at least, covering it up?
mr j man
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Orange_123)
what is the best (quickest) method to getting rid of dark circles under my eyes? or at least, covering it up?
Dont get into fights
theconsciousindian
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
diet, sleep are the main attributes.

you could try sliced cucumbers on top of the eyes while you rest for about 20mins that should help
pinkfairyarmadillo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sleeping well is essential to minimise dark circles but also you may find if you lie down cover your eyes with used, damp teabags for 10 mins a day that darkness and puffiness around your eyes reduce.It may not be the quick solution you want as the effects may take a while to show but I did this and my eyes feel and look all the better for it
h-g-1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I haven't tried this but I've heard Haemorrhoid Cream is actually good at doing this; obviously works for some and not others but it's worth a try.
ChocoholicPolyglot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This might sound strange but i rub a potato around my eye area. I let the potato juice dry and then just wash it off. I saw this on Snog Married Avoid and it actually works... something to do with enzymes?
NaomiASuts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've got the same problem. I've tried everything- from potatoes on my eyes to putting frozen spoons on them.

I don't like to wear make-up excessively or at all, so all I do now is mix a little mineral concealer into some moisturiser in a little pot and put it on when I'm looking tired. It sometimes make my undereyes 'shiny' and a bit greasy, so sometimes I put it on the night before.

If not, you'd have to use full concealer.
Namige
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I discovered that semen works very well.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
theconsciousindian
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Namige)
I discovered that semen works very well.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
i see what you did there.
Angelina Deeley
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
anar naturals, eye cream
Michaelj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Some people like me have naturally dark eyes due to ancestors from the mediterrian or such. However it's not impossible to reduce the bags. Like others have said cuccumbers and teabags for 10 mins...

Also eating lots of fruit and drinking lots of water helps, lay off the sugar and soda and sleep well.
Take a regular bath, I find a bath reduces my dark circles.

Don't use that **** from boots to reduce circles... It's a waste of money and you might as well be rubbing water under your eyes.
rubena123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A few suggestioons that works for me
-make surE that you exercise regularly, it improves the circulation of blood, thus reduces the puffiness under your eyes
-eat healthily, drink lots of water, to flush away all the toxins to reduce your dark circles
-stop smoking if u do...makes a big difference
-get to bed early instead of facebooking ur friends
-use cucumber and put it ontop of your eyes to reduce darkcircles and to sooth ur tiredeyes

Dnt buy silly creams for the quick fix bcuz u would look even worse than before...I seen it and trust me they look like zombies with purple/lilac undereye circles....natural all the way!
annielizstan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi,
Try milk and lemon this really works.
Rose water is good 4 u, u can get it from herbal shops. it will clean your face and make it shiny and fresh.
Apply a paste of turmeric powder mixted with pineapple juiee under the eyes.
Apply alomand oil under eyes.
Use honey and egg white.
It will really helpful for dark circles.
Lucia.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I use Nivea Anti-Shadow Eye Cream, as well as moisturising the area with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
princessfiona
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Rose hip oil is quite good, by a brand called trilogy although there are others too but I've only tried that one. It takes about a month of using it twice a day but the results are worth it used all over your face actually.

Anything will take consistent use and around 4 to 6 weeks to show results but if its puffiness more thn darkness your concerned about then cucumbers, tea bags, etc will help with that.
Larabear93
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you're anything like me, not a lot will help. With some people dark circles aren't caused by lack of sleep or dehydration - it's simply that the blood vessels under/around the eyes are much more prominent which gives the appearance of dark circles.

Moisturising under the eyes seems to help slightly though, it certainly relieves tired eyes. Use a concealer at least 1 shade lighter than your normal make-up to cover.
sugarmouse
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It depends what you think has caused them.
Is it your natural skin tone, is it lack of sleep, bad diet, stress?
Euggz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Massage vitamin E oil or almond oil around your eyes to improve blood circulation, drink lots of water and have adequate sleep.
cant_think_of_name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
2 pillows. I cannot stress this enough
Higher up your head is, less blood pools under the eyes (or something or other )
Iron Lady
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sleep more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (62)
56.36%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (12)
10.91%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.55%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.36%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
5.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed