The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you find the idea of gay sex replusive?

I have no idea whether this is in the right section or not! Feel free to move.

Well I was just reading through that 'Am I homophobic for feeling this way' thread and I was quite surprised by the amount of straight people who said they found the idea disgusting.

And to me that was quite surprising, I mean I'm straight but the idea of homosexual's engaging in sexual behavior doesn't repulse me, I mean at the end of the day it's not that different from what straight people do? :confused:

I just always assumed that the majority of people had the same sort of mindset as me, so what do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The idea of gay men kissing doesn't disgust me.

But would seeing two gay guys **** each other up the arse? yes it would a bit.
No. I don't really care either way-I don't have any strong emotions about it.(Not repulses, but not interested either.)
Something I've noticed is that it seems to be mostly men that find it disgusting, and specifically male on male, rather than women.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Just because you find the idea disgusting doesnt make you homophobic. It just means you're straight and you wouldnt like to partake in that activity.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Yes I do find it disgusting and I'm not homophobic. I don't mind lesbian sex though :biggrin:

I'm sure a lot of homosexuals find hetero sex repulsive.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tabzqt
The idea of gay men kissing doesn't disgust me.

But would seeing two gay guys **** each other up the arse? yes it would a bit.

Not seeing it, the idea of it. As in are you disgusted by the idea of a gay couple having sex?

Reply 6
I don't want to watch it but for sure I don't find the idea of it repulsive. I don't really understand why you would.
What I find weird is that I'm homosexual, yet don't find the idea of straight or lesbian sex disgusting?
Reply 8
Original post by Sheldor
Not seeing it, the idea of it. As in are you disgusted by the idea of a gay couple having sex?

I think disgusted is too much of a strong word.

It would be displeasing. I wouldn't want to see it. I don't particularly want to think about it.
Quite the opposite :sexface:
And I know I'm not the only girl who thinks this!
Original post by Tabzqt
I think disgusted is too much of a strong word.

It would be displeasing. I wouldn't want to see it. I don't particularly want to think about it.

Huh, interesting. I guess it's harder for me to understand seeing as I don't really care about what people's preferences are.

Reply 11
Original post by Sheldor
Huh, interesting. I guess it's harder for me to understand seeing as I don't really care about what people's preferences are.

I don't care about people's preferences either.
People can do whatever they want...within reason.

to take a graphic example, say the fetish of piss drinking. some people have it. but most people (including me) will find it disgusting. But there is nothing actually wrong with it. and just because I don't find it that great doesn't mean I hate everyone that does it or anything like that. It's all subjective.
Reply 12
No, it gives me a boner :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Marc707
Just because you find the idea disgusting doesnt make you homosexual. It just means you're straight and you wouldnt like to partake in that activity.

Yes but this has absolutely nothing to do with homophobia at all. Completely irrelevant. I'm just surprised that people find it disgusting, there's nothing wrong with finding it disgusting but I just don't see it myself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by EffieFlowers
Yes but this has absolutely nothing to do with homophobia at all. Completely irrelevant. I'm just surprised that people find it disgusting, there's nothing wrong with finding it disgusting but I just don't see it myself.

No of course not, there's nothing wrong with finding it disgusting but some people just do. I guess you could apply it to anything I guess. I dont see how others could find chocolate disgusting for example,but I know some that do.
Reply 15
Original post by EffieFlowers
So without sounding too graphic, for guys, is it just the idea of anal penetration that repulses you?

not really.
It's just the fact it's sex between a man and a man.

I can't explain it really, it's like trying to explain what the colour yellow looks like.

You're either disgusted by it or not, no one can change it. But as long as we don't discriminate/hate/abuse against gay people then it's all good :biggrin:
When you actually think of exactly what you're doing in sex, its disgusting. One person is sticking parts of themselves into another person's holes that release blood or poo every now and then (depending on sexuality). Thats horrific.

The only reason we enjoy our own particular brand of sex is because we get turned on by it, and that overrides the fact that its icky. Every other brand of sex doesn't get that reprieve, so its still icky.
Yes, I've got nothing against it but just personally wouldn't like to see it myself, I generally find lesbian & straight sex fine though.
Original post by 2ndClass

I'm sure a lot of homosexuals find hetero sex repulsive.

Guilty.
Reply 19
I don't know, I'm bisexual and don't even mind a bit of light scat, but I'm pretty disgusted by the idea of bum sex. What I'm squeamish about is the stretching membranes and unforgiving passageway, I can only imagine things ripping and buckling.

There's a wide panoply of sexual acts that suit or do not suit different people. It causes misery and cognitive dissonance to subject anyone to a "prescribed" set of sexual activities, whether that's expecting all straight men to like vaginas or all gay men to like bums

Latest

Trending

Trending