The Student Room Group

Trainee dental nurse help

I am 21 years old and have recently moved back home to live with my parents and have left my customer service advisor job as I want a career change and now is the time!

i would like to be a dental nurse, I had an interview for an apprentice dental nurse but came second.

i am struggling to find any vacancies in my area (south yorkshire) any help/tips/advice that could help me along the way would be appreciated.

:smile:
Reply 1
Hello

Have you tried calling Genix healthcare they are always looking for trainees and they have a few practices in that area... Hope this helps..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Thank you :smile:

I've emailed them, i've just finished sending 146 letters our to local surgeries
fingers crossed....
Reply 3
Also sign up for job alerts including "student dental nurse" in the title on NHS jobs (or any other health related job titles you might be interested in) - you might find they run something in your area at a dental hospital and you get paid while you train.
Hi,

I know you posted about this a few years ago now but I was wondering what your outcome was? I'm in a similar position to what you were in at the moment, as I worked as a customer service advisor but have now moved home and would like a career change.

Is emailing as many dental practices in the area looking for a vacancy the best way to become a trainee dental nurse?

Any advice would be really helpful! Thanks :smile:
i'll join this thread too as i'm in the same boat about wanting to train as a dental nurse. not many vaccancies in my local area and ones that come up seem to be part time.
Hi :smile: yeah it seems to be a quite hard to find advertised jobs to apply for, I got some advice which was to write a cover letter and take that with your cv around to as many practices as possible in person and just hope for the best as normally they don't advertise on job boards and things. So think I'm gonna try this approach and also email as many as I can too. I was also a bit confused as to wether it's worth starting an online course before finding employment (through Harriet Ellis or a different online provider) but Harriet Ellis have pretty terrible reviews! And wasn't sure if companies would prefer to train you in their own way once they give you a job.. Have you any idea which way around would be best? Good luck and hope you find something soon too!
HI, I am with Harriet Ellis and I am sitting my exam in April. Fro my experience finding a job in Dental Nursing is the same as finding a job in any area - you need to be out there searching and then you will find something. I got one interview from their Portal and one myself so I was pretty happy with their support. The reviews that I read don't match my experience at all and I think it is more students who have not done the work blaming the college. I have found their course material easy to read, the tasks straightforward and although there is a lot of work to do I managed to complete my RoE following their guidance. So I am really happy with them. I am going to do my Radiography through them after I qualify. It's up to you which you find the best way around but practices cannot employ you until you are registered on the course and had your Hep B vaccinations. So I would do those things first so that you can really say "I can start tomorrow".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending